Mario Cristobal to Miami | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mario Cristobal to Miami

Mario's squad leaving another deuce on the carpet tonight, down 23-0 at the half against Utah. They look flat as a pancake in a P-12 title game. The Utes crushed the Ducks a few weeks ago 38-7. If this result holds Cristobal will be 62-60 for his career and 23-10 against the P-12. Yet somehow he's got Oregon offering him mo money. Highly impressive. Meanwhile Kyle Whittingham is 10x the coach that Cristobal is.

This entire situation has disaster written all over it. If Mario leaves he will regret it in 2 years. Miami if they don't land him has to either extend Manny or fire him, i don't know how they just keep him and expect things to be normal.

Any coach who leaves Oregon to go to Miami I may not want as my coach as Oregon has 100X better everything these days in 2021

I feel bad for the Oregon Ducks. The facilities are there are insane, and they can't seem to keep a Coach with sustained success...Must be the prevalence of serial killers in the woods in the PNW...

I want to thank this rumor coming out before the line switched from Utah -3 so I was able to hammer it.

The leaks had to affect Oregon.
Their coach isn’t great in game to begin with.

I wish I hit it harder. Thanks for the tip, Alsacs. Gotta make up for what the Atlantis craps tables took from me

I don’t mind remember a team quitting in a conference title game in recent memory more than Oregon.
The Ducks effort and performance are equally terrible.

This reminds me of our game against Georgia Tech that got Coach P fired.

You might need to read the recent news on Dino…
My point is i wanted him to stay as oc at Oregon next year so in the event Dino is fired he would be available.

I feel bad for the Oregon Ducks. The facilities are there are insane, and they can't seem to keep a Coach with sustained success...Must be the prevalence of serial killers in the woods in the PNW...

Or all the vampires and werewolves.

Joe Moorehead might be Norm Chow 2.0 for all we know.
If the guy takes the Akron job he is gambling on himself big time.

Being an OC at a big dog is better than being in a full rebuild in a low G5 school.

Trying to think of the guys who went from P5 coach to G5 coach (knowing Moorhead has the P5 OC stop in between).

Solich - I think it was a life choice for him, one he surely doesn't regret after Nebraska dumping him.

Kiffin - Had to build things back up, but he's one of a kind. Also had the P5 OC in between.

Petrino - Had to build it back up due to scandal.

It can work, but I think Kiffin and Petrino had easier G5 jobs to make an impact than Akron.

Maybe he just wants to take the Solich route and get out of the rat race.

Shannon, Stoutland, Golden , Richt, Diaz . Isnt this becoming a black hole job . I know there recruiting advantage but …….

Seems like a normal cycle through of coaches for a team that expects to win. Richt stepped down and with the AD change, if they can get Cristobal, they’d be dumb not to make the move.

Florida is now on their 4th coach in that time frame, excluding interim head coaches. If we moved off Dino, we’d be on our 5th.

Seems like a normal cycle through of coaches for a team that expects to win. Richt stepped down and with the AD change, if they can get Cristobal, they’d be dumb not to make the move.

Florida is now on their 4th coach in that time frame, excluding interim head coaches.
Cristobal is probably an upgrade over Diaz but that may say more about Diaz than it says about Cristobal.

Florida is now on their 4th coach in that time frame, excluding interim head coaches. If we moved off Dino, we’d be on our 5th.

We had a guy go to the league, Richt had his health issues but the rest of those dudes got fired. Doesn't seem like a great job, high expectations and minimal infrastructure.

Richt had them nationally relevant quick. Cristobal would do very well if he does end up at Miami. ACC isn’t good and gives a quick path to the top thats pretty attainable. He’s about 1-2 recruiting and transfer portal classes from having one of the most talented rosters in the conference and at that point you’re right there to win the division and play for a conference championship.

If I’m Oregon and he does leave I would look at Aranda if he’s still out there. Great job so far at Baylor. Monster DC for LSU and Wisconsin. California roots. And his defenses got the better of Riley in the ‘19 CFP and this year at Baylor.

Miami get a new Nevin Shapiro?… yeesh, they’re not playing around anymore.
Supposedly 3 billionaires, Jorge Mas, Marcus Lemonis, and John Ruiz, have agreed to open their checkbooks (per a post on our board).

Last edited:
Leaving the year you beat Ohio State at their place is as close as you will get to going out on top.

Lincoln Reilly should have no problem putting out the most talented team in the P12 every year. Not sure that will translate to wins.

Shannon, Stoutland, Golden , Richt, Diaz . Isnt this becoming a black hole job . I know their recruiting advantage but …….
Or the kids coming into the program are being overrated by the recruiting services, and the kids committed to the program get an overinflated value of what they actually are based off past players performance

Richt had them nationally relevant quick. Cristobal would do very well if he does end up at Miami. ACC isn’t good and gives a quick path to the top thats pretty attainable. He’s about 1-2 recruiting and transfer portal classes from having one of the most talented rosters in the conference and at that point you’re right there to win the division and play for a conference championship.

If I’m Oregon and he does leave I would look at Aranda if he’s still out there. Great job so far at Baylor. Monster DC for LSU and Wisconsin. California roots. And his defenses got the better of Riley in the ‘19 CFP and this year at Baylor.

Its insane they have only had 1 good season in 20 years in this soft league. VT and BC were able to do damage following their move and dominated it the years prior to us joining.

The old Big East was a better conference than the ACC currently is.

I am convinced Miami will never play a football game in the Dome again. I know the once in 12 year trip is coming up but I think there will be a covid variant or the new Dome roof will collapse and it will get cancelled.

I don‘t see it with Cristobal. His Oregon teams are inconsistent and they looked awful in the PAC 12 Champioship. He can recruit, but his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Recruiting is not been the problem at Miami, coaching is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom