Marrone to Jets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone to Jets

orange79 said:
Reports are that he asked for an extension for himself and his staff, and was refused. Hard to blame him for that

After just 2 years? He knew they would say no. He wanted out.

Football coaches are out of control if they expect extensions to 5 year deals after 2 years. Good for the Bills to say no.

If he is already destined to the Jets, they are in violation of the Rooney rule.

That said, you don't opt out unless you know what's next.

Actually no they aren't. They interviewed one of their current assistants anthony Lynn for the gig yesterday in order to satisfy the Rooney rule in case they wanted to move quickly.

Reactions: 007
Reports are that he asked for an extension for himself and his staff, and was refused. Hard to blame him for that

He had two years left. Was a ploy to force a hand.

Guess he got what he wanted.

I applaud him for being Machiavellian. He has shown at least twice now he is willing to leave if he doesn't get his way (though he was likely NFL bound even with an indoor facility with a chocolate fountain.)

Actually no they aren't. They interviewed one of their current assistants anthony Lynn for the gig yesterday in order to satisfy the Rooney rule in case they wanted to move quickly.

Good call. Release the hounds.

Two Syracuse guys coaching the Jets and Giants. Ha.

So with a new boss, he shouldn't go and see if he and his staff are secure? The Pegulas aren't sad to see him go, now they can hire their own guy and move on without it hanging over 2015. Marrone's deal was 4 years, so this is almost an exact repeat of what went down at SU.

"Money" Marrone says the Jets are his dream job.
Seriously, the Jets are nuts if they don't hire him.

007 said:
Sincere question for you: are you relieved that he opted out of Buffalo?
Yes and I hope he goes to the jets

"Money" Marrone says the Jets are his dream job.
Seriously, the Jets are nuts if they don't hire him.

Maybe he can coax Kyle Orton out of "retirement". I'm sure that Dareus and the Williams boys would be licking their chops.

Yes and I hope he goes to the jets

Thanks for responding. This will be fun to see what he does at his next stop. I would bet it's the Jets. Which will make it even more fun.

Who is next for the Bills? Reich? Ryan?

The Bills ownership wanted their own guy and Marrone knew it was only a matter of time until the cut ties with him in favor for said guy. It was a smart move and now he will get to coach a more popular team in a much better city but that comes with added pressure. He also gets to completely bail on the EJ Manuel fiasco.

You may not like Marrone but he plays the game very well.

007 said:
Thanks for responding. This will be fun to see what he does at his next stop. I would bet it's the Jets. Which will make it even more fun. Who is next for the Bills? Reich? Ryan?
I think Schwartz or Reich. But who knows. Pegula is the nostalgic sort (ted Nolan) so I guess I put money on reich. I can't see Ryan

I applaud him for being Machiavellian. He has shown at least twice now he is willing to leave if he doesn't get his way (though he was likely NFL bound even with an indoor facility with a chocolate fountain.)

I think he would have been here through at least this last season if infrastructure commitments had been met. The training, rehab facilities were 4th rate, and that is what the recruiting coordinator, OL coach told me in a Golf Cart.

Based on what DR told me he was losing it based on how they weren't able to get recruits based on facilities and the perception of institutional commitment. In particular Rutgers, who he couldn't believe he was losing guys to.

No one can opt out of a dream job like Doug Marrone. So much so that he demands it's written in his contracts.
Marrone has less loyalty than just about anyone. I will always root against him.

NC and DG by extenstion failed. It wouldn't have taken anymore than what has been put in place since for him to have stayed.

NC and DG by extenstion failed. It wouldn't have taken anymore than what has been put in place since for him to have stayed.

I'm not so sure.

Like his pal O'Brien, don't you think he realized that he was built for the League? Not to say there weren't issues on the Hill, but show me ANY organization sans issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom