Marrone | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone

xc84 said:
Your main argument is that you found people who don't like him... therefore he is defective. So obviously, others counter with people who like him. What don't you get about that?

Not really the point. But whatever.

Go - I posted long ago to the naysayers that the Jets have already hired their GM & HC long ago - the stuff we are seeing now is just the facade of due diligence to give time to iron out contractual issues. Contactual issues are the only reason that a self centered egomaniac doesn't get the Jets job (yes inside sources).

However, I doubt that they allow the incoming HC an out clause of $4 million if the Jets change ownership to the incoming HC :D!
Bills fans are hoping it was a done deal long ago also. Could use the first round draft pick.

Quinn and shannahan to jets makes total sense.

Doogie will not be a head coach next year.

KaiserUEO said:
Quinn and shannahan to jets makes total sense. Doogie will not be a head coach next year.
Pegula overpays Rex with trestman to buffalo. Keep Schwartz

Rextman

Hoping for that

Pegula overpays Rex with trestman to buffalo. Keep Schwartz

Rextman

Hoping for that
Schwartz won't stay under rexy.

You better off with Reich and him.

ZygliA20150107_low.jpg
Coaches are hired to be fired. Wishing for a sense of loyalty out of coaches seems incredibly naive to me.

It's not really his choice since he's technically still under contract, but I doubt Schwartz stays under anyone if he doesn't get the HC gig himself. Unless he has a prior connection with the HC who is hired.

Very true about Schwartz not staying with Ryan. Two completely different defensive philosophies. Plus I can't see that marriage working out.

I'm hoping for Hue Jackson or Darrell Bevell. I'm a little concerned about Reich but won't toss myself into Niagara Falls if they do go with him.

All assuming the entire defensive staff is retained.

It's not really his choice since he's technically still under contract, but I doubt Schwartz stays under anyone if he doesn't get the HC gig himself. Unless he has a prior connection with the HC who is hired.
You're right - it's not his choice. And I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to stay (as long as they don't hire a defensive coach like Quinn or Teryl Austin) considering he has a really good thing going.

Why no love for Del Rio to the Bills? Because he's a defensive guy?

Why no love for Del Rio to the Bills? Because he's a defensive guy?
shrug the guy is below .500.

if they're going with a defensive coordinator, just give it to schwartz unless it's rex with trestman as OC. del rio is a better head coach than schwartz but schwartz's success in buffalo last year makes a big difference.

i think the defense is going to be good no matter what so get a guy who can fix the offense.

I think the only way Schwartz stays on as DC is if Shanahan gets the HC job

So a guy accused of domestic assault and has in the past broken the jaw of an assistant is considered a better candidate than Marrone by the owner? Yikes ...

This thread is so epic, it needs to renamed the 'Marrone All-Inclusive Dumpster Fire Thread'.

Seriously, we are talking about a solid-to-good OL-man from the 80s, who was a fringe pro at best, who rose in the pro coaching ranks to OC...yet inexplicably couldn't call the plays, who came back to his alma mater 'dream job' managing just a couple of crappy bowl wins v crappier teams...only to Irish Exit his school and 'dream job' to lead one of the NFLs crappiest mediocre teams to upper mediocrity...only to Irish Exit them too, proving he has the greatest agent this side of Jerry Maguire, while walking into at least 3(4?) job interviews with better teams...and at the same time being exposed as one the biggest d1ckheads on the planet, who should be only be in charge of my sock drawer because 1) it needs it and 2) I think he's best served there.

And we are about to hit 30 pages...

Everybody, take a deep breath and pat yourselves on the back for a minute.

Nice job.

We are going to have to have an Awards Dinner this July so a few people here who need to be recognized...will.

I'll organize it, but I sure as hell won't be there...as for at least that day, I will know where all you whack jobs are and I can go all Homeland season 2 last episode on your arses and make the world a better place.

That is all.

As you were...

Put me in Marrone's corner. I'll have a Macallan 15 year old single malt, neat, while I'm waiting. Balogne sandwich too, of course.

Justice would be he does get any job.

He is good Football Coach. But he is a bad guy.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reporting this morning that if Doug doesn't land a head coaching job he will take a job as an assistant in Houston with his friend Bill O'Brien

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reporting this morning that if Doug doesn't land a head coaching job he will take a job as an assistant in Houston with his friend Bill O'Brien
lol - man oh man will these national reporters will be looking like tools if Marrone doesn't get a job the way they were hyping him before (and shortly after) he opted out of his contract.

lol - man oh man will these national reporters will be looking like tools if Marrone doesn't get a job the way they were hyping him before (and shortly after) he opted out of his contract.

If that's how things end up, Marrone won't shed any tears about walking away from Buffalo. Like him or not, a lot of people in NFL circles are fans and he'll be a HC candidate again.

If that's how things end up, Marrone won't shed any tears about walking away from Buffalo. Like him or not, a lot of people in NFL circles are fans and he'll be a HC candidate again.
Marrone wouldn't have left the Bills unless he (and his agent) were absolutely certain that he had another one lined up. If that's not the case then he screwed up. And it's also proof that those national reporters were either lying or naive when talking about him being in the "front of the line" among the current coaching candidates.

Marrone wouldn't have left the Bills unless he (and his agent) were absolutely certain that he had another one lined up. If that's not the case then he screwed up. And it's also proof that those national reporters were either lying or naive when talking about him being in the "front of the line" among the current coaching candidates.
Probably not true. The uncertainty of the relationship with new owners and not receiving extensions causeD him to jump...oh...and the ability to do so and get $4M.

Love him or hate him…Doug and his agent negotiated an unprecedented contract(I can't name another deal like this)..He had the option to walk out of the contract…With Pay. How smart was that? He protected Doug. Teams protect themselves. About time Labor wins one versus ownership! I hope he gets another head coaching job this year…and another 5 million dollars…..Go Doug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom