Marrone | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone

Crap. I wanted to be 1,000 in this internet winning thread.

commute.

Wait - how do you really feel?
that is a really weak effort for post 1000

now we have do get to 2000 so someone can mark the achievement with appropriate verve

“Unfortunately, sometimes even the most innocuous wrong-stated opinion becomes the narrative,’’ Esiason said. “Look what’s happening to Doug Marrone right now. Doug Marrone is a really good coach. I’ve said on the radio station that the guy that makes the most sense for me would be Doug Marrone.’’

There have been rampant erroneous reports Marrone’s interview with the Jets went poorly. To the contrary, according to sources familiar with the proceedings, Marrone’s interview with the Jets went well. Sources, in fact, told The Post that Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf, the consultants Jets owner Woody Johnson hired to assist in the coach and GM search, had high praise of Marrone to Johnson after his interview.
More New York media hate.

Another Post writer that hates Marrone and Boomer completely agrees

http://nypost.com/2015/01/06/esiason-this-coach-candidate-will-blow-the-jets-away/

The real takeaway from this whole thing is that we were indeed his dream job and that 4 years is like 40 in "Marrone years"...

This thread is so epic, it needs to renamed the 'Marrone All-Inclusive Dumpster Fire Thread'.

Seriously, we are talking about a solid-to-good OL-man from the 80s, who was a fringe pro at best, who rose in the pro coaching ranks to OC...yet inexplicably couldn't call the plays, who came back to his alma mater 'dream job' managing just a couple of crappy bowl wins v crappier teams...only to Irish Exit his school and 'dream job' to lead one of the NFLs crappiest mediocre teams to upper mediocrity...only to Irish Exit them too, proving he has the greatest agent this side of Jerry Maguire, while walking into at least 3(4?) job interviews with better teams...and at the same time being exposed as one the biggest d1ckheads on the planet, who should be only be in charge of my sock drawer because 1) it needs it and 2) I think he's best served there.

And we are about to hit 30 pages...

Everybody, take a deep breath and pat yourselves on the back for a minute.

Nice job.

We are going to have to have an Awards Dinner this July so a few people here who need to be recognized...will.

I'll organize it, but I sure as hell won't be there...as for at least that day, I will know where all you whack jobs are and I can go all Homeland season 2 last episode on your arses and make the world a better place.

That is all.

As you were...
Okay so we know you think you are the Saul, who would be the Carrie, Brody, Abu Nazir in your scenario as Doug Marrone would have to been the VP.

The more and more I read, the more and more I hope the Bills hire Reich. It makes too much sense.

If the Bills did not promise to bring in another QB to at least compete with Manuel, I would not take the job.

Any coaching candidate that claims he can succeed with Manuel is lying or delusional.
EJ is just the name to include in the discussion of the qualifications of the head coach candidate to develop a young QB. Because aside from Cutler (who would bring his own unique baggage), any competition they might bring in would also require development. Or be another placeholder until the QB of the future is drafted - again requiring the new coach to develop a young QB.

The more and more I read, the more and more I hope the Bills hire Reich. It makes too much sense.

Maybe he'll be good, I don't know. Seems like it'd be a nostalgic hire with his flimsy resume'.

If the Bills are relegated to retreads & coordinators because Malzon & Sumlin aren't going anywhere - then I'd go get Bill Lazor. Miami offense was 7th in Football Outsiders' ranks with marginal talent, and Foles played out of his mind last year. He'd probably be a hot candidate if the Dolphins D didn't tank down the stretch, which shows you how dumb/arbitrary/group-think the NFL can be.

But they're talking to Manning's OC, Seattle's DC, and Greg Roman who had a lousy offense with the Bills #1 WR as their 4th target.
Okie dokie good luck with that.

With the new non-donor funded IPF, things may already have been set in motion towards football anyway (including a new or rehabbed Dome???). What really needs to change - football coaching compensation. Until these changes take place, expect more of the same not only from SU but those on this Board that are SU establishment homies. Nuff said.

Well, like I said, looks like it will be donor funded.

Marrone means brown in Italian.

With 30 pages of threads, which I have zero interest in reading, I just felt the need to get in on the action.

I couldn't be left out of what might become the football board's longest thread ever (on a guy who isn't even associated with the program anymore...really?)

The above is all I've got.

Sorry.

Maybe he'll be good, I don't know. Seems like it'd be a nostalgic hire with his flimsy resume'.

If the Bills are relegated to retreads & coordinators because Malzon & Sumlin aren't going anywhere - then I'd go get Bill Lazor. Miami offense was 7th in Football Outsiders' ranks with marginal talent, and Foles played out of his mind last year. He'd probably be a hot candidate if the Dolphins D didn't tank down the stretch, which shows you how dumb/arbitrary/group-think the NFL can be.

But they're talking to Manning's OC, Seattle's DC, and Greg Roman who had a lousy offense with the Bills #1 WR as their 4th target.
Okie dokie good luck with that.
Lazor also grew up in Pennsylvania (Pegula) and went to Cornell (Upstate NY ties, intelligent), for whatever that stuff is worth.

The knock against him is the drama he had with the Dolphins players earlier in the season, although that may have been blown out of proportion, who knows. But I wonder how Schwartz and he would get along, especially when Lazor would be Schwartz's boss. Probably not all that well.

ZygliA20150107_low.jpg

http://nypost.com/2015/01/08/casserly-protege-emerging-as-jets-gm-favorite/

An old friend (who knew a self centered egomaniac could have friends) is the front runner for the Jets GM job.

Go - I posted long ago to the naysayers that the Jets have already hired their GM & HC long ago - the stuff we are seeing now is just the facade of due diligence to give time to iron out contractual issues. Contactual issues are the only reason that a self centered egomaniac doesn't get the Jets job (yes inside sources).

However, I doubt that they allow the incoming HC an out clause of $4 million if the Jets change ownership to the incoming HC :D!

Go - I posted long ago to the naysayers that the Jets have already hired their GM & HC long ago - the stuff we are seeing now is just the facade of due diligence to give time to iron out contractual issues. Contactual issues are the only reason that a self centered egomaniac doesn't get the Jets job (yes inside sources).

However, I doubt that they allow the incoming HC an out clause of $4 million if the Jets change ownership to the incoming HC :D!

That's some breaking news if true. Awful lot of reporting juice going into chasing a done deal if that's the case.

That's some breaking news if true. Awful lot of reporting juice going into chasing a done deal if that's the case.
I can imagine if true, Marrone is getting a good laugh out of some of the media.

Again, nobody said he didn't have friends or those who respect him. You and chakka are countering something completely different and ignoring the point made.
Your main argument is that you found people who don't like him... therefore he is defective. So obviously, others counter with people who like him. What don't you get about that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom