Maryland | Syracusefan.com

Maryland

Butler righted the ship, 5pt game at the half.
Maryland has some serious beef down low, though - will be really tough challenge for our young frontline...
Cowan/Heurter are a legit guard combo, too - and J.Jackson almost went pro last year.
They do have 11 TO in the first half - hopefully the 2-3 can slow them down

I don't think they're that good. They lost they're best player from last year and Mark sturgeon is still they're coach.

I don't think they're that good. They lost they're best player from last year and Mark sturgeon is still they're coach.
nah they're good - Cowan isn't Trimble but he's still very good - and like I said, their C combo is hulking and talented enough

nah they're good - Cowan isn't Trimble but he's still very good - and like I said, their C combo is hulking and talented enough
Look solid to me. Definitely much smoother offensively than we’ve looked in any 4 minute stretch, let alone an entire game.

Look solid to me. Definitely much smoother offensively than we’ve looked in any 4 minute stretch, let alone an entire game.

Hard to imagine anyone saying they aren't very good who had actually watched any of this game vs. Butler. They are going to be a handful for SU.

We blew it backing off Huerter for 2016. I really wanted to see that kid in Orange. Coaches didn’t know whether we were gonna get a scholarship back from the NCAA appeal but they should’ve just rolled the dice. We ended up having plenty of room after Joseph transferred and Mali went pro.

The majority of P5 teams lose their best player from the prior year.

Right. Considering what SU lost (White, Gillon, Lydon, Thompson and Roberson)

Maryland has the three sophs back and a big, tough freshman underneath. It'll be interesting to see how our "reedy" front court does against these guys inside.

But who do they replace him with? Huerter? Cowan?

They've played two games so far. One was a blowout vs UMES and the other was a close game vs a mid major with a first year head coach. I'm not saying were gonna beat them because Im not sure were particulary good either. Im comparing them to the field of college basketball teams in general. And I remain unconvinced on how good Maryland is based on prior performances by better Maryland teams than this one under Mark Turgeon.

But who do they replace him with? Huerter? Cowan?

They've played two games so far. One was a blowout vs UMES and the other was a close game vs a mid major with a first year head coach. I'm not saying were gonna beat them because Im not sure were particulary good either. Im comparing them to the field of college basketball teams in general. And I remain unconvinced on how good Maryland is based on prior performances by better Maryland teams than this one under Mark Turgeon.
Did you watch any of the game last night?

Did you watch any of the game last night?

Nope.

The funny thing is that I was just think that these takes of mine are ripe to make me look foolish in a month or two.

Do we need to wait that long?

The funny thing is that I was just think that these takes of mine are ripe to make me look foolish in a month or two.[/QUOTE]

Huerter and Cowan might be better than Trimble. JMHO.

Agreed. Trimble oozed potential and we all fall in love with that. No idea what the ceiling is for Heurter or Cowan but they are already playing at a high level. That’s good for Maryland. Not great for us ...

We blew it backing off Huerter for 2016. I really wanted to see that kid in Orange. Coaches didn’t know whether we were gonna get a scholarship back from the NCAA appeal but they should’ve just rolled the dice. We ended up having plenty of room after Joseph transferred and Mali went pro.

You don't get Tyus Battle if you get Huerter. And they didn't back off. They thought he needed an additional year of development, his father who controlled the recruitment thought otherwise.

Trimble's best season was his freshman year. His soph and jr years were worse.

He easily took more shots per game than anyone on the team last year. I don't think they're going to miss him

Maryland is a really good team and anyone here underestimating them is foolish. Gonna be a very tough game for Cuse.

Maryland is a really good team and anyone here underestimating them is foolish. Gonna be a very tough game for Cuse.

We couldn't pull away from Iona and struggled for whole halves vs exhibition teams. It's probably not unreasonable to think we'll have a tough game va a big ten team.

I hope we can score. Butler runs good offense and concepts. Maryland was doing a great job most of the game making things tough for them. Offensively Terps are good and better than I thought. Going to be a difficult game to win.

I hope we can score. Butler runs good offense and concepts. Maryland was doing a great job most of the game making things tough for them. Offensively Terps are good and better than I thought. Going to be a difficult game to win.
I'd call Maryland's defense—at least based on the display last night—barely adequate. It's what they bring on the other end that's formidable - can score lots, in lots of ways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom