Maryland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland

I'd call Maryland's defense—at least based on the display last night—barely adequate. It's what they bring on the other end that's formidable - can score lots, in lots of ways

Really? The parts I saw it seemed like Butler was taking lots of tough shots. They didn’t shoot well all game. Maryland turned it over a bunch though Butler always is a good defensive team. Their offense is really good like you said. I just hope we can score since they’ll get theirs.

Not without a PG.

We’ll see how it all shakes out. I’m certainly very skeptical and concerned. A program like Syracuse shouldn’t be playing the Howard’s and Chukwu’s in starting or major roles. It is sort of bonkers that these guys are still projects at their respective positions.

I'd call going 1-2 vs. Kansas, UConn, Maryland a success. Obviously the ideal one to get is Kansas. But if we go 2-1, expectations for the rest of the year should change.

Even though UConn probably has more talent than us, I like our chances. They scored 54 (?) at MSG vs. us last year and that was when we couldn't play D or rebound - granted they didn't have Larrier or Gilbert. But Gilbert still looks a little lost. They have struggled against the zone the last few years in genera, and our zone this year is better, longer, and more active than what they saw last year.

I'd call going 1-2 vs. Kansas, UConn, Maryland a success. Obviously the ideal one to get is Kansas. But if we go 2-1, expectations for the rest of the year should change.

Even though UConn probably has more talent than us, I like our chances. They scored 54 (?) at MSG vs. us last year and that was when we couldn't play D or rebound - granted they didn't have Larrier or Gilbert. But Gilbert still looks a little lost. They have struggled against the zone the last few years in genera, and our zone this year is better, longer, and more active than what they saw last year.

I'm just looking for improvement out of SU game to game as a whole team and player-to-player. It's really hard to evaluate where we actually are and where a lot of these other teams are.

Whether he was right or not, you don't get Battle if Huerter is here. I think Battle is the better player.

Battle committed to Syracuse before Huerter committed to Maryland. Fact isn’t Huerter blew up that summer after Shen beat all the NYC teams that previous year and became a top 50 player.

We could have signed both and one of them could have played the 3 or PG this year and last year.

Battle committed to Syracuse before Huerter committed to Maryland. Fact isn’t Huerter blew up that summer after Shen beat all the NYC teams that previous year and became a top 50 player.

We could have signed both and one of them could have played the 3 or PG this year and last year.

Well we wanted Huerter to reclassify to 2017. That's why he's not here, and why last year is a moot point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom