Matt Park | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't think we need to bash on matt park's past. i myself don't spring for accn and listen to most games on radio these days. i find matt and coach satalin's coverage mostly fair and balanced and entertaining. not overly homey. they criticize when it's due. don't follow his feed so i'm not sure what was said there. but i'd think he of all people would understand the frustrations of the fan base here. things not trending well.

When was the last time we were on the top 4 seed line? I'm trying to remember. The Ohio state elite 8 year?

I didn’t see what Matt Park tweeted but I’m not shocked he’s towing the company line. I’d be a lot more surprised if he didn’t.
He basically said the fanbase has too high expectations and that making the tournament 9 times in 10 years are too high expectations.

Making the tourney 9/10 times is perfect expectations for this program IMO. 20% of D1 schools make the tourney and SU is in the top 5/10 highest revenue programs every year. Then you add the great local talent pool to recruit in NY/NJ/CT/MA/PA/MD.

Nobody's expecting to be a top 3 or 4 seed every year, but this program should always be safely in the tourney field.

2014 7 years ago. So it's really 6 years.
The # of bad years is confused by a lot of people. It is 7:
2014-2015- Rak's last year. Pulled ourselves out of postseason because of impending sanctions..Wouldn't have made NCAAs anyway.
2015-2016-bubble team that got in, miracle run to F4. but regular season was mediocre
2016-2017-Gillon, White year, NIT
2017-2018- Bubblicious again, had to play play in game and got into S16 with MSU upset
2018-2019- solidly in tourney but only as 8 seed, got beat by Baylor, Frank Howard suspension
2019-2020- 18-14, no tourney because of Covid. wouldn't have made it anyway
2020-2021- our present mess, little hope of making tourney with this average team

If we won 2 more ACCT games, are we in?

How about if we just beat Louisville?
I don't think that team was capable of winning 2 more games in the ACCT IMHO

To be safe, nobody should look up the social, physical, economic, and psychological impact of the Spanish Flu either.

This guy gets it

I don't think that team was capable of winning 2 more games in the ACCT IMHO

If they maintained the same effort they had against UNC, anything was possible.

We'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors