Matt Park | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Matt Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that, but Syracuse is the 6th winningest program in NCAA history, the 6th! Yes, I'm counting the 101 wins that were taken away from JB because they were actually played for real. Moreover, weed isn't a performance enhancing drug, if anything, it hinders performance.

So, as you mention, Blue Blood or not, we are the next best thing.
I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to mention this.

of course, you guys are getting caught up in the bait...

Park said we shouldnt expect to MAKE the tourney 9 out of 10 years.
Not be a top seed every year.

MAKE the tourney. I’m not cool with that mindset.

Out of interest of the actual quote, we've only made the tournament 10 consecutive seasons once in our history. After that we haven't even had a stretch where we made it 9 out of 10.

For me, making the tournament is baseline goal. Top 5 seed means we've had a very good year.

No doubt this past 6 year stretch is the longest we've been without being ranked in the Final AP top 25 poll and the least talented rosters we've had based on HS rankings since the 80's.

So, in my strong opinion, this is the lowest point of the program from a consistency perspective since I've been a fan (1979ish).

Last edited:
We finished 2016 ranked 10th and were 14 in the following seasons preseason poll. I believe that was the last time.

2018-19 we were #16 in AP preseason poll and moved up to #15 before dropping out.

That was 2 seasons ago.

The # of bad years is confused by a lot of people. It is 7:
2014-2015- Rak's last year. Pulled ourselves out of postseason because of impending sanctions..Wouldn't have made NCAAs anyway.
2015-2016-bubble team that got in, miracle run to F4. but regular season was mediocre
2016-2017-Gillon, White year, NIT
2017-2018- Bubblicious again, had to play play in game and got into S16 with MSU upset
2018-2019- solidly in tourney but only as 8 seed, got beat by Baylor, Frank Howard suspension
2019-2020- 18-14, no tourney because of Covid. wouldn't have made it anyway
2020-2021- our present mess, little hope of making tourney with this average team

The final four team did have disappointing ACC run, but we beat VERY good teams in Atlantis. Looking back that was a really good team that had some rough spots. think they should count as our last very good team, imo,

Moreover, weed isn't a performance enhancing drug, if anything, it hinders performance.
I used to work out with this guy that would get beyond stoned before lifting or cardio. He'd always be like want some? I'd be like, I can't move when I'm stoned besides my hand to chicken tenders.

I don't know how he did it, but he was a monster at the gym after smoking.

The final four team did have disappointing ACC run, but we beat VERY good teams in Atlantis. Looking back that was a really good team that had some rough spots. think they should count as our last very good team, imo,
I agree with that to a certain extent but we still had to sweat it out on selection Sunday, I hate to be in that position on Selection Sunday. I don't think having a nail-biting, white knuckler Selection Sunday constitutes a good year. I'd rather spend the day worrying about getting a good seed and where we get sent than worrying about getting in the field altogether

I used to work out with this guy that would get beyond stoned before lifting or cardio. He'd always be like want some? I'd be like, I can't move when I'm stoned besides my hand to chicken tenders.

Yeah, I knew guys who would get baked and then ski, snowboard, or MTB like madmen -

I’d just get sloppy and lazy. (er)

For them it was a PED.
For me, the only ‘performance’ it ‘enhanced’ was the ability to house a whole bag of Doritos or box of Cap’n Crunch in one sitting.

I gave up seats long ago. The fan experience, from ushers to food to faculties, is sub-par, to say the least. The product was no longer worth my effort, my time, or my money.
Now, with the TV and streaming, there are times that games are unavailable to me on TV, unless I want to jump through lots of hoops (no pun intended) trial memberships, etc. It makes it difficult to follow sometimes, so I watch something else.

Yeah, I feel you here.

The streaming thing seems to have made it more difficult rather than easier to consistently watch the games.

And the in-person product is just bad. I love spending time with the people in our section. And I'm a fan. That's it. It's funny, it's a minor thing, but I just can't stomach the idea of seeing 47 cheerleaders come running out of the tunnel with a mediocre ACC basketball team behind them while Mr. Excitement gleefully screams into a building with 9,000 people in the stands over canned music I don't like.

It's just so different and inferior in every way to the Dome experience that hooked me from a young age.

Yeah, I knew guys who would get baked and then ski, snowboard, or MTB like madmen -

I’d just get sloppy and lazy. (er)

For them it was a PED.
For me, the only ‘performance’ it ‘enhanced’ was the ability to house a whole bag of Doritos or box of Cap’n Crunch in one sitting.
I rode mountain bikes with a bunch of 50-something dudes late this fall at Slate Valley Trails (you really need to try it). They were getting high before and during the ride. Then at one point someone was asking if anyone wanted a mango. I thought they were talking about the tasty dried ones. Nope - mushrooms. Shrooming on a 25 mile MTB ride seemed like a terrible idea.

I'm with Otto.
Park needs to just stop responding and do the play by play.
He isn’t going to look good responding to tweets.

I would sellout for the right price. Pretty much anyone would. He is a company guy.

He isn’t going to change fans minds so just don’t respond.
What started getting him chit yesterday was when he went insulted the negativity with passive aggressive comment before JB’s halftime remarks to the radio network.

Lol. Is that a parody account, or is that guy really that dumb?

Based on a quick glance at this account, that tweet appears par for the course.

I gave up seats long ago. The fan experience, from ushers to food to faculties, is sub-par, to say the least. The product was no longer worth my effort, my time, or my money.
Now, with the TV and streaming, there are times that games are unavailable to me on TV, unless I want to jump through lots of hoops (no pun intended) trial memberships, etc. It makes it difficult to follow sometimes, so I watch something else.
Then there is the aforementioned product. While CBB as a whole is down, the only difference between SU basketball the last 10 years or so and the A-10, MAC, etc. is the name on the jersey and the name on the bench.
(Most of the above applies to the FB program as well.)
Dior Johnson gave me hope for a revival, but that ended, and our coach’s “get off my lawn”, “I dumped him he didn’t dump me” attitude toward the whole thing was disconcerting, at best.
I admire you folks whose love of the program and heart on the sleeve fandom hasn’t waned. I hope your faith and loyalty are rewarded.
I am sad that you feel that way. When I retired last summer, my ideal move would have been to the Syracuse area so I could go to the dome for nearly all the sports events and be near an airport so we could visit kids' families. My wife had other ideas and wanted to be near some grandkids and far from major snowstorms.

I am sad that you feel that way. When I retired last summer, my ideal move would have been to the Syracuse area so I could go to the dome for nearly all the sports events and be near an airport so we could visit kids' families. My wife had other ideas and wanted to be near some grandkids and far from major snowstorms.

A woman's intuition. :)

One of my college roommates smoked every time before we went to play hoops at Flanagan. He was so much better when he was stoned. I think it slowed his mind down. I could never do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom