Maybe Weitsman is the guy that needs convincing, and not Wildhack? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Maybe Weitsman is the guy that needs convincing, and not Wildhack?

Get a grip. Pitino wants to coach five more years. Is it past his time despite being in his 70s.
Obviously no, since he was last year and will be this offseason still in demand from other P6 conference teams.

Last edited:
This is certainly an interesting discussion! As some of you know, I talk to Adam regularly. I've had conversations with Adam about the future of the program, JB, etc. I wish I could share details here, but I gotta respect Adam's privacy. One thing I will say is that while I respect everyone's opinions on this thread, there is a lot of speculation and misinformation here. But I certainly respect you all and your takes!
No need to share details, however in those discussions of the future of the program is there any confirmation that a plan is actually in place? Not asking what that plan is, rather that one exists?

Thank you for your insight.

Think we all need to get comfortable with fact that Red will be our next HC when Boeheim retires. I am excited to see how he does recruiting from the big seat. Amd no doubt AW will continue to support if it stays in the fam (which it will). Zero chance he tries to run his friend out.

Think we all need to get comfortable with fact that Red will be our next HC when Boeheim retires. I am excited to see how he does recruiting from the big seat. Amd no doubt AW will continue to support if it stays in the fam (which it will). Zero chance he tries to run his friend out.
If Red gets the job he needs to bring in a big time recruiter. Devo is not that guy. We need an outsider to give us a different take on things.

If Red gets the job he needs to bring in a big time recruiter. Devo is not that guy. We need an outsider to give us a different take on things.
If he is the next HC, hiring a great assistant who can recruit would go a long way towards demonstrating his decision making and management style.

No need to share details, however in those discussions of the future of the program is there any confirmation that a plan is actually in place? Not asking what that plan is, rather that one exists?

Thank you for your insight.
Well, I won't get into what Adam and I have talked about, out of respect for him, but hasn't Boeheim said that a plan is in place? Not that everyone on this board believes Boeheim :)

Adam will stay on after JB only if the university treats Jim with respect on his way out. If they just throw him out as so many of you suggest they do, then I think Adam’s money goes with it. And I don’t see many others with his money contributing to the collectives. Be careful what you all wish for!
Story I heard is the chancellor has been going after weitsman for sharing nil deals, security costs and also the use of his box. I truly believe the chancellor isn’t on the same page as anyone who wants these programs to be turned around.

Story I heard is the chancellor has been going after weitsman for sharing nil deals, security costs and also the use of his box. I truly believe the chancellor isn’t on the same page as anyone who wants these programs to be turned around.
What's the issue with Weitsmans box? Too many people? unsavory characters? strippers?

Did Adam have to sign a non-disclosure? He's like one of the most transparent person around.

This is where I am at too and I think Red does two things right away to sort of chart his own path - brings in a non-alum recruiter and plays man-to-man at least half the time.

Pushing someone out never ends well. Syracuse Fan doesn't speak for the general base. If you think someone getting forced out ends well, you have another thing coming. This is the diehards of the base. Most adults don't care.

Yeah, just ask Mike Hopkins!

Then I think the Athletic Department better get comfortable with 10,000 attendance next year, and should start thinking about which sports programs to cut.

That is certainly not a good thing for SU athletics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom