McCullough to the NBA | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

McCullough to the NBA

No, I'm not. I'm asking them to stop trying to have babies. This mentality is just stupid. That one decision (to not wear a condom) is the difference in MILLIONS of dollars for him. Honestly, it's not that hard a decision.
th

If I'm Mike Hopkins, I'm going over to the football facility and having a nice long chat with Jamal Custis. Not that Custis would come in and be any sort of star...but why couldn't he provide depth and become a poor man's Tony Gonzalez (who averaged 6.8 ppg and 4.5 rpg at Cal)?

I saw Custis play on TV when he was in high school. I was watching Neumann Goretti to see the PG that we were recruiting [who ultimately chose to go to Miami when we focused more on Joseph]. I didn't see Custis as a high major hoops prospect.

We are at 10 now. So now it's up to the appeals process what we can do. This changes the dynamics.

Would that have been different if McCullough had waited to declare until after Bryant signed an LOI on April 15th (assuming of course he was willing to sign that LOI)?

Yeah, but if you're Custis, why do that unless you absolutely have to play hoops again. He's one of those big, athletic TE's that the NFL loves, so he should really concentrate on football and potentially a pro career there.
I'm not saying he HAS to play hoops again. But he's clearly very interested in it. And he can still concentrate on a pro football career as an athletic TE and still play hoops. Julius Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez...

Would that have been different if McCullough had waited to declare until after Bryant signed an LOI on April 15th (assuming of course he was willing to sign that LOI)?
The answer to which will determine where McCullough will be placed in my personal order of former SU players.

It's a little annoying but let's face it. This kid was considered a head case coming in and would have driven us absolutely crazy with his inconsistency and carelessness if he had stayed.

Just have to hope Richardson is the real deal (although in light of the recent trend he'll probably be just good enough to not help us much as a frosh then bolt after one season when the possibility of being a 2nd round pick is just too much to resist).

I'm not saying he HAS to play hoops again. But he's clearly very interested in it. And he can still concentrate on a pro football career as an athletic TE and still play hoops. Julius Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez...

We could use him just to have enough bodies for practice.

Anyways, I mean no ill will towards him. Hope he blows up in the pros, and I'd be happy if my Bucks took him in the 2nd round. But this seems like a very poor decision unless there is some academic concerns (or the rumored child).

Agreed. And if worst comes to worst, and we're facing some serious foul trouble...would you rather have a walk on who would be MAYBE a solid D3 player, or a legit D1 athlete who was recruited by Larry Brown to play basketball out of high school?

And as a football player, we can hope those will be solid fouls and not the weak ones where the guy scores anyway.

Really? Have you had a child everytime you've had s e x?

Actually the answer to that question is yes. He's terribly ugly and has no game with the ladies whatsoever. What can you expect, he's a writer type.

Really? Have you had a child everytime you've had s e x?
There are so many ways to answer this. Do I go self deprecating and say "well I have one son...so yes" or do I go the other direction and say "you should see the child support bills!"?

I'm a little baffled by the fact that people didn't realize I was making a joke, directed at my buddy here, CuseFaninVT.

It's a little annoying but let's face it. This kid was considered a head case coming in and would have driven us absolutely crazy with his inconsistency and carelessness if he had stayed.

Just have to hope Richardson is the real deal (although in light of the recent trend he'll probably be just good enough to not help us much as a frosh then bolt after one season when the possibility of being a 2nd round pick is just too much to resist).
That 2nd paragraph says it all for the way things have transpired lately.

Does this remotely suprise anyone? After the last few years Im suprised Roberson isnt weighing his options (yes im joking).

Rule of thumb: If the kid is "weighing his options", he's gone.
latest

It doesn't have to make sense.

There are so many ways to answer this. Do I go self deprecating and say "well I have one son...so yes" or do I go the other direction and say "you should see the child support bills!"?

I'm a little baffled by the fact that people didn't realize I was making a joke, directed at my buddy here, CuseFaninVT.

I'm just pissed at the way next season's promise is beginning to look like a season of what the NCAA intended for us when they crafted the sanctions.

Can someone tell me what all these number posts are about?

I'm going out on a limb and thinking you aren't seeing the pics of twitter that Jeremy posted.