McCullough to the NBA | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

McCullough to the NBA

image.jpg
Reminds me a bit of Dontae Green. Back in the day, we used to call this type of kid a "weak sister". Not too bright, lacks loyalty to the university who rehabbed him, and thinks of self before giving his TEAM and TEAMMATES one full year's contribution. I fear he won't last very long wherever he goes.

Lol. Loyalty to the university.

What about McC considering the possibility that he injures his knee again. Then his potential earnings in the NBA are over.

He is hoping the NBA would draft him on his potential. He still has that going for him. You don't always have to show something. If it weren't for the stupid rules he probably could have gone in last years draft, just based on potential.

"Unjustifiable risk"? What about the risk if he injures his knee again? What about the risk that he comes back but plays tentatively and his NBA stock actually drops? What if he is worried about the progress of his knee. What if he is worried about perceived pressure to play before the knee is ready.

IMO, there are a lot of factors that he could on his mind for considering the NBA draft that don't include being academically ineligible.

Yeah, I guess if he's concerned about getting injured, he probably just shouldn't play. At all. :noidea:

Sorry, I'm not a social media guy. Did he actually post this on Twitter or are you joking? I assume you are joking, but I would put nothing past anyone in terms of adding drama to this program at this point.

Coming out after playing unimpressive ball, for a program that had a down year and self-banned from post-season play, not to mention being injured and having surgery? No matter how you cut it, it has to be a better decision to maximize his long term earnings potential to come back, work on his body, gain strength, improve his game for a program that should be on the upswing giving him post-season exposure. Unless there is financial desperation involved this is a no-brainer. Spend one more year at the college level.

Coming out after playing unimpressive ball, for a program that had a down year and self-banned from post-season play, not to mention being injured and having surgery? No matter how you cut it, it has to be a better decision to maximize his long term earnings potential to come back, work on his body, gain strength, improve his game for a program that should be on the upswing giving him post-season exposure. Unless there is financial desperation involved this is a no-brainer. Spend one more year at the college level.

I can't even imagine what he is thinking. Not that nbadraft is everything, but they don't even him in their 2015 mock draft, and in their 2016 mock draft, they have him going 5th.

I can't even imagine what he is thinking. Not that nbadraft is everything, but they don't even him in their 2015 mock draft, and in their 2016 mock draft, they have him going 5th.

well that is probably because they assumed he wasn't declaring for the 2015 nab draft.

and nbadraft is the worst website anyways.

I normally don't have an issue with guys leaving early but McCullough, really? You're one good year away from a lottery pick - guaranteed payday. Are you even going to get drafted coming out this year?
He won't go w/o a promise by a team to pick him.

Long term earning is maximized by getting to the 2nd and 3rd contracts a year earlier, assuming he will be picked in the 1st round.

Reminds me a bit of Dontae Green. Back in the day, we used to call this type of kid a "weak sister". Not too bright, lacks loyalty to the university who rehabbed him, and thinks of self before giving his TEAM and TEAMMATES one full year's contribution. I fear he won't last very long wherever he goes.

Example #1,314,267 of why we need a dislike button...that would take away likes from someone's total...

Back in the day, we didn't have posters like you populating the board with trash like this. And those were much better days.

your_shipment_of_fail.jpg

Losing both McCullough to the NBA and Bryant to another school would be an unfortunate double whammy.

Why are we assuming he's struggling in school?

Because (unlike many other cases) it's a no brainer that he will improve his draft stock if he comes back. He most likely will not make the first round if he enters this year - unlike Nerlens Noel, who was on his way to player of the year consideration before he got hurt.

With McCullough back next year (and Bryant?), we could be a Final Four contender again, get tons of press, be highly ranked, and boom, you are back in the top 10-15 of the draft.

New lineup
Daigne chino centers ( Coleman injured)"
Robertson Lyndon forwards
Kj RichardsoN guards
Silent g. Sf
Coney Howard 2g

That's a Wake Forest kind of lineup right there.

That's a Wake Forest kind of lineup right there.
That's worse...Scoring will be almost impossible with that lineup on the floor. Defense could be bad, too.

This is why I'm really starting to dislike college basketball. its sad to say but I could careless is he goes. He's only hurting himself. By not getting a lottery pick spot. College needs to do something about the one and done rule.

If he goes, i'd much rather start Richardson over Joseph. Run Cooney-Richardson up top and G-Diagne-Roberson on the backline. Richardson's length up top will help mask the lack of size on the backline and gives us three-3 point shooters so Roberson can work mid-range in and Diagne on the block. Then bring in Joseph as sixth man who is able to run point, something we don't have if he starts since our only two pg's will be in the starting lineup and DC2 as backup C. Not really sure who else gets playing time? Maybe Franklin Howard as a G clone 2/3? Chino as emergency backup in DC2 gets hobbled up. That's about it, Lydon probably isn't ready to contribute just yet. Honestly, if this is the lineup we roll with, we could do some damage. Probably not National Champs unless G-Cooney-Richardson become a triumverate of 3 point marksmen, which is possible, but still a very solid Top 20 team, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom