McDonald to Cohen | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

McDonald to Cohen

In the video interview with Shafer after the game - looked like Cohen showed up late to ask another QB question. Shafer gave him a quick "You missed it because you were late..."

Reminds me of the ACC meetings when the PS guys made a big deal about Shafer being late...

Might very well be a pointed comment. I love this staff.

I was the one who originally tweeted what Cohen had said to GM. I for one am glad that they are reacting he way they are. This cheap would never happen at another ACC school.

You are so right about it not happening at other ACC school. The more that SU athletics controls the message and what is put out for public consumption the better with this current PS staff.

Can you imagine if Cohen did this as a beat writer for an Alabama paper?

tarred.jpg

McDonald hitting out at a beat reporter on a public forum is unprofessional.

They are two of the most visible people from two of the most visible institutions in the Syracuse-area.

It's not like they aren't going to cross paths. If there's beef, McDonald (or Shafer) and Cohen need to work it out behind closed doors.
completely disagree...we have our freaking beat reporter putting out news that our top recruit might be forced to switch positions...our top recruit who is ALL ABOUT TWITTER. Our top recruit who is also still a kid..and could react differently than most of us would. McDonald was right to shove cohen's foot in his mouth immediately about it because we cant afford to piss off recruits anymore.

Cohen needs to be fired. His absent mindedness/ineptitude seems to constantly put in jeopardy our status with recruits. How can this moron not understand he's not just being followed on twitter by his buddies from college? I want Rahme and/or Webb back. Maybe the coaching staff can appoint an insider from this site as a beat writer that can compete with, and immediately crush, the horrible football coverage of the PS.
Ill do it. I took 4 communications classes at OCC and could blow Cohen and the rest of them out of the water without being awake. These guys piss me off.

And then there is this, "But like Hunt, most of his completions came on slant passes, swing passes or screens, and there were no completions in which the ball traveled more than 25 yards in the air."

So what

Move the chains and I don't care how it happened.

completely disagree...we have our freaking beat reporter putting out news that our top recruit might be forced to switch positions...our top recruit who is ALL ABOUT TWITTER. Our top recruit who is also still a kid..and could react differently than most of us would. McDonald was right to shove cohen's foot in his mouth immediately about it because we cant afford to piss off recruits anymore.

i believe this is a generational thing -people over 35 dont have the same view as kids do -
you go to a restaurant and 8 teens will be at a table and not a word is spoken,all heads down fingers going bat snit crazy-once every so often the group will all gasp or laugh together -its kinda creepy imho

I was shocked by the fact that Cohen responded to GM trying to defend himself. Humble yourself and chalk one up to a learn experience. His job is based on the information he gets from the team, he shouldn't get under their skin. Shoot, the season hasn't even started yet!!

This recruit also leads twitter recruiting for other recruits!

This recruit also leads twitter recruiting for other recruits!
Exactly...This kid has been the biggest Cuse fan since signing that we have ever seen in a recruit..its a wonderful idea to piss him off. Im not a conspiracy theorist by any means..but i swear Cohen is trying to hurt the program on a daily basis..ive never seen anything like it.

I don't think Cohen needs or should be a cheerleader, that's not his job. Just be fair, accurate and responsible.

And if you make a mistake, be humble.

His tweet was speculation and didn't belong on his twitter account.

What made it worse was that it was negative information that he implied was not from good sources.

On the flip side, if Mike Waters speculates that Kaleb Joseph may commit this weekend, Waters would only due so with solid info - it appears Cohen did not.

I don't think Cohen needs or should be a cheerleader, that's not his job. Just be fair, accurate and responsible.

What made it worse was that it was negative information that he implied was not from good sources.

On the flip side, if Mike Waters speculates that Kaleb Joseph may commit this weekend, Waters would only due so with solid info - it appears Cohen did not.

I see what you did there ;)

I don't think anyone is asking for Cohen to be a cheerleader at all. We are asking for him to stop pissing off people within the program and the entire fanbase. We would like him to give accurate information that is unquestionable. We would like him to stop making people in the area who may not be fans yet..think that this program is a piece of trash. He is negatively influencing people's perceptions of the program.

You start a true Frosh QB on a team with a new play book, there are going to be many "Oy vey" moments.

When you have a three- year, proven starter coming back under the same coaching staff and O, the expectations and performances tend to be higher.

Cohen is the former, Waters the latter.

Cohen will be fine and will learn. He is a damn kid that has actually accomplished a lot at a young age and before he even graduated. His maturity issues and the like are due to the realities of the newspaper business model moreso than anything else.

He definitely is frustrating at times, but he is what we got.

if someone serves you a ham sandwhich..and the bread is moldy..do you look at your plate and say.." well this is what i got so im going to eat it"...or do you ask for a new freakin sandwhich? There is also a 3rd option..dont eat the freakin sandwhich. Noone wants to eat Cohens bullshit sandwhich is the point.

if someone serves you a ham sandwhich..and the bread is moldy..do you look at your plate and say.." well this is what i got so im going to eat it"...or do you ask for a new freakin sandwhich? There is also a 3rd option..dont eat the freakin sandwhich. Noone wants to eat Cohens bullshit sandwhich is the point.

U lifted my twitpic? LOL

You start a true Frosh QB on a team with a new play book, there are going to be many "Oy vey" moments.

When you have a three- year, proven starter coming back under the same coaching staff and O, the expectations and performances tend to be higher.

Cohen will be fine and will learn. He is a damn kid that has actually accomplished a lot at a young age and before he even graduated. His maturity issues and the like are due to the realities of the newspaper business model moreso than anything else.

I think his personality is a large part of the problem, and that's not something you can learn.

I don't think anyone is asking for Cohen to be a cheerleader at all. We are asking for him to stop pissing off people within the program and the entire fanbase. We would like him to give accurate information that is unquestionable. We would like him to stop making people in the area who may not be fans yet..think that this program is a piece of trash. He is negatively influencing people's perceptions of the program.
It sounds like we're asking him to stop being a blogger and start being a journalist, an actual beat writer. I don't think that's too much to ask.

That's why you don't push the starter out before the freshman is ready. They could have replaced Nolan Weidner with Cohen and kept Dave Rahme as a mentor to learn the ropes from.