McDonald to Cohen | Syracusefan.com

McDonald to Cohen

anomander

Living Legend
In fairness he was replying to a tweet someone sent him

Yeah, but it's not the first time I've seen McDonald take things excessively personally on Twitter. MadNY, for example, had a really weird misunderstanding with him on Twitter a couple of months ago.

I know he was trying to clear up a point. I just don't think Twitter is the way to do it.

But in fairness to McDonald, Cohen did start it.

A coach can be grouchy. I'm ok with that. A reporter can't misquote, that's literally their whole job.

I'm normally pretty twitter savy... but what? Am I missing something that Cohen said to start this?

Cusetroop is confused, and hungry :(

Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13@DevonHeinen I've heard rumblings that Long will be converted to another position when he gets here, so who knows.
Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13@DevonHeinen Just rumblings. I haven't heard anything concrete. It could be nothing. My guess is A.J. wouldn't be happy about it.
Michael Cohen@Michael_Cohen13@DevonHeinen He looks good on film. I've never seen him play in person. But he looks a bit small to me at 180.

It's poor form on both counts.

But Cohen is still a douche.

Yeah, but it's not the first time I've seen McDonald take things excessively personally on Twitter. MadNY, for example, had a really weird misunderstanding with him on Twitter a couple of months ago.

I know he was trying to clear up a point. I just don't think Twitter is the way to do it.

But in fairness to McDonald, Cohen did start it.
Cohen publicly stated that our prized QB recruit may be switching positions once he gets to campus.

McDonald did nothing wrong nor unprofessional.

I love twitter, but this thread makes me kind of hate it. Our beat writer, tweets that he's heard "rumblings" that one of our most important recruits may be moved from QB. Source? Who cares.

Our OC, who would probably like to ring his neck, feels compelled to post something about it. As if he needs to deal with that right now, of all times.

Where have you gone, Donnie Webb, Orange Nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Siiiiiiiiigh.

I love twitter, but this thread makes me kind of hate it. Our beat writer, tweets that he's heard "rumblings" that one of our most important recruits may be moved from QB. Source? Who cares.

Our OC, who would probably like to ring his neck, feels compelled to post something about it. As if he needs to deal with right now, of all times.

Where have you gone, Donnie Webb, Orange Nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Siiiiiiiiigh.

He can't be speculating like that. SU should cut him off, now.

F' that guy.

Cohen publicly stated that our prized QB recruit may be switching positions once he gets to campus.

McDonald did nothing wrong nor unprofessional.
McDonald hitting out at a beat reporter on a public forum is unprofessional.

They are two of the most visible people from two of the most visible institutions in the Syracuse-area.

It's not like they aren't going to cross paths. If there's beef, McDonald (or Shafer) and Cohen need to work it out behind closed doors.

They are two of the most visible people from two of the most visible institutions in the Syracuse-area.

It's not like they aren't going to cross paths. If there's beef, McDonald (or Shafer) and Cohen need to work it out behind closed doors.
I would agree, save for one scenario. Perhaps McDonald's tweet was for AJ's benefit.

Cohen is confusing his brain f@rts as "rumblings". Maybe he won't listen to them henceforth. Or at least publish them in a forum where the public is privy to them.

Cohen spouting off like that with nothing to back it up is unprofessional as well. He needs to shut the hell up and not try to constantly be disruptive, as is apparently his goal.

I would agree, save for one scenario. Perhaps McDonald's tweet was for AJ's benefit.
Could be. I just hope he'd you know, call, text, visit, write, signal, smoke signal directly to the kid instead of make it so public.

Cohen spouting off like that with nothing to back it up is unprofessional as well. He needs to shut the hell up and not try to constantly be disruptive, as is apparently his goal.

No disagreement there.

It's one thing to be someone who ruffles feathers by asking the tough questions. It's another to be, well, Michael Cohen. I don't know if it's all a schtick or if he is just kind of a dick on a personal level. Thinking it might be the latter.

McDonald just needs to close the door when Conehead shows up for a scoop

So let me get this straight. Anybody in the world, including a beat reporter, can do whatever they want to damage, misrepresent, accuse, etc anybody via twitter. And, to be fair use it positively as well. But when that same accuser, misrepresenter, damager gets called out, ambiguously at that, by the accused, damaged and misrepresented that person should be bigger? And not confront publicly?

The public forum is the public forum. We are in the midst of a paradigm shift whether we like it or not. I'd rather, if I'm AJ Long, have McDonald reach out publicly than behind closed doors. It removes any shadow of a doubt.

I understand the point that as an employer Syracuse may not be happy with McDonald but in my opinion it's fair game. And, frankly, it was nice to see Cohen try to squirm away from his statements like a coward. At some point he's going to have to find his identity, and in that process, grow a backbone.

Kudos George, set it straight.

Clown Cohen can't even get basic terminology right.

He called each possession a series. Hey dope, it's a series of downs. One or more series = a possession.

Pretty basic stuff.

And then there is this, "But like Hunt, most of his completions came on slant passes, swing passes or screens, and there were no completions in which the ball traveled more than 25 yards in the air."

So what

I am still guessing that the "rumblings" Cohen was feeling was a combination of his own opinion, and the fact that Rivals, Cohen's go to site, had Long listed an athlete for a while. Otherwise I have no idea where that could have came from? Just being logical you can figure out he was recruited as a qb. I mean we did stop recruiting almost every other qb in the class since AJ committed back in March. That's quite a give a way right there.