MD needs to play | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MD needs to play

I like a starting lineup of BS OB MD TB and FH with mixing the combinations to having JC and EH together coming in. Also if EH is on the wing I prefer Carey up top as well because he covers a lot of space and has been the most active guy up top. When PC is in the game, EH on the wing is a problem. His defense is subpar and leaves PC alone a lot and his lack of foot speed has hurt us a lot when teams attack EH's side. BS gets into position a lot better.

I also think that JC or FH with Battle Hughes MD and BS is our best off/def balanced lineup overall.

They're all thin but MD is listed as 50lbs lighter than PC and 25lbs lighter than Sidibe. That's significant. Howard, Hughes, Buddy, Braswell and Battle all weigh more than MD. Hell, Autry Jr weighs more than him.

I love MD and I think he has good insticts on defense and is no doubt our best option at the 5 as far as that goes. But at 180lbs he can't play significant minutes there vs. ACC teams. He can do it for a few minute spurts but for 20+ minutes vs. an ACC team we'd get pounded on the boards and in the paint

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for that information.

he can functionally fill in at 3 positions, he does all the little things that you need to be successful, but he can also score so he can't be left undefended. he's like a trusty jack knife
imho he was much more than a role player in last years run. yes he can shoot and score when allowed to. he does not even look to shoot this year. at msg he never even looked at the hoop, he was passing automatically. --- he is not being allowed to play.

Doubt it. That’s just how he plays.

Even when he became a “force” last year he was still very selective with his shots.
so selective he rarely shoots such as at msg. he does not even look at the basket.

The starting 5 made the sweet 16. They start. Hughes for either forward.
Carey for either guard.
Sid for Chewyg
Marek for Center
Buddy HW Bras only if injury foul trouble or blow out.

MD can pull the the other 5 out and open the lane for drives to the basket or kick outs. I know Jimmy has this thing about people shooting from the free throw line on D...does he also have a thing against it on O? I think MD is as good as SU has had in that spot.

I like what MD brings to the team but he's not gonna play over Brissett, and Hughes is much better on the offensive end. I think with our scoring issues the past year and early this season, Boeheim prefers offense oner defense in that second forward position. Can't argue with what Hughes has been giving us. He has legit 3 point range which MD has not shown. Also, MD can give us valuable minutes at center so he has a couple positions he can contribute.

I really liked the lineup of Howard, Carey, Hughes, OB & Dolezaj. That's our best scoring lineup when Battle is off the floor. I think splitting minutes at the 5 with Sid is a good idea. You can also put MD at the 4 when Sid is in the game and go big with OB at the 3.

he needs to shoot more. he became a force last year, and he has been obviously told not to shoot. i was at the garden and he did not even look at the basket when he had open shots. we are missing the boat with him. if he becomes a scoring threat outside it creates multiple opportunities for everyone. the kid is a baller. he seems to have lost all the confidence he had at the end of last year. shame on jb
Shame on JB? Pretty sure Dolezaj hasn't been told to not shoot. If anything, JB has probably told him to be more aggressive offensively, as he was at times at the end of last season. Frank should be able to set him up better now that he is back. Be patient.

shame on jb
hyI9ItE.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom