MELO Leads Knicks with 41 in WIN | Syracusefan.com

MELO Leads Knicks with 41 in WIN

Melo is very good...he was amazing this game! Way to go Melo....
Outstanding performance. I can't imagine having less help offensively than he had today. Good to see them get one game in this series. I'd really like to see what a healthy Knicks team coached by Woodson could do over a full season.

Can't wait to see the NY wannabe tabloid newspapers try to spin this. "Melo-ball delays the inevitable"...that would be my hater headline. ;)

Game 5...Return of Linsanity? Woodson didnt say no....

Guess its just a coincidence that when another viable offensive threat comes back, that Melo has a huge game?
Lets see how many articles are written about Stat's return & its effect on the Knicks offense...just sayin.:noidea:

That was awesome when Carmelo and Lebron traded threes with the game in the balance. It was the best against the best.

That was awesome when Carmelo and Lebron traded threes with the game in the balance. It was the best against the best.
Yea, the series hasnt lived up to the hype but that game today sure did.

Melo played alot on the perimeter tonight. Didn't think the knicks would go that path, but they did.
With Lin back have to wonder if he will look to do the same.

That one play where anythony hit the game winning three was nuts. The guy was draped all over him in the high post. Couldn't believe JR Smith had the gull to yell at him after it after missing like 3 straight threes in the 4th quarter.

Anthony was a combined 9-for-15 (60.0 percent) when being defended by either LeBron James or Dwyane Wade, but the Knicks forward also had success against Shane Battier, making 6 of his 12 field-goal attempts.

And for those saying Anthony doesn't make those around him better or he doesn't share the ball, he can't make shots for other people. How many times did he drive and kick to guys with WIDE OPEN threes? Baron Davis had at least two, and JR Smith had at least three. They just don't have any guards right now with Lin and Shumpert being out.

And for those saying Anthony doesn't make those around him better or he doesn't share the ball, he can't make shots for other people. How many times did he drive and kick to guys with WIDE OPEN threes? Baron Davis had at least two, and JR Smith had at least three. They just don't have any guards right now with Lin and Shumpert being out.
Jeff Van Gundy had some nice things to say about his passing and defense yesterday. But what does he know?

Jeff Van Gundy had some nice things to say about his passing and defense yesterday. But what does he know?
He absolutely did. And I was pleased to hear that. Now they have to make shots when he gets them those kind of looks.

JVG is awesome. Thank goodness because he balances out Melo hater Breen who acts like Melo kicked his dog on every broadcast.

Also I know this doesnt relate to the topic but I figured I would throw it our there since alot of us Cuse fans are also Knick fans...Baron Davis struggled as the starter, made some infuriating plays but we all know he played hurt, played more minutes than he should have been and pushed himself because the Knicks needed him. That injury was beyond gruesome and it probably ended his career. I just hope he knows how much we appreciated him when he was laying there on the court/stretcher while the entire Garden crowd chanted his name. He has his criticisms and rightfully so but Baron has my respect.

He absolutely did. And I was pleased to hear that. Now they have to make shots when he gets them those kind of looks.
Well to have any kind of chance Wednesday, JR Smith needs to find his shot and Bibby will have to knock down a few because both have to play big minutes. The Heat have effectively silenced Novak and Fields shot is hopeless. Even if Lin can play I think he will hurt more than help. Is Toney Douglas still breathing? I'd give the Knicks about a 1 in 20 chance of winning.

Well to have any kind of chance Wednesday, JR Smith needs to find his shot and Bibby will have to knock down a few because both have to play big minutes. The Heat have effectively silenced Novak and Fields shot is hopeless. Even if Lin can play I think he will hurt more than help. Is Toney Douglas still breathing? I'd give the Knicks about a 1 in 20 chance of winning.
If JR gets hot we go back to MSG for a game 6. If not it will be another grind out game where the Knicks have to keep it close and hope clutch Melo can out do the clutch-bumbling Miami duo down the stretch. If Miami is up double digits in the 4th quarter they will front run the Knicks out of the builiding. Although I thought the same thing when Miami went up 11 but this one was at MSG.

JVG is awesome. Thank goodness because he balances out Melo hater Breen who acts like Melo kicked his dog on every broadcast.

Also I know this doesnt relate to the topic but I figured I would throw it our there since alot of us Cuse fans are also Knick fans...Baron Davis struggled as the starter, made some infuriating plays but we all know he played hurt, played more minutes than he should have been and pushed himself because the Knicks needed him. That injury was beyond gruesome and it probably ended his career. I just hope he knows how much we appreciated him when he was laying there on the court/stretcher while the entire Garden crowd chanted his name. He has his criticisms and rightfully so but Baron has my respect.

God, that Baron injury was so bad. I'm glad they were chanting his name by the end, because at first it was "these refs suck" and I'm sitting at home thinking this guy is writhing in pain with a possible career ending injury, but I think they realized how serious it was.

I also think that play kinda summed up his run with the Knicks. I got the sense that he was still coming to grips with the fact that his body couldn't do what it used to. The old Baron Davis probably would've exploded past everyone for the dunk, but this Baron Davis didn't have the burst and ended up getting tangled with everyone.

If JR gets hot we go back to MSG for a game 6. If not it will be another grind out game where the Knicks have to keep it close and hope clutch Melo can out do the clutch-bumbling Miami duo down the stretch.

I guess I kinda hate being the cold water guy, but I'm not sure the Knicks have shown anything to say they can even play Miami relatively close at Miami. Jr getting hot would help, and he is more than due. (5-24 from 3 in the series). They probably need something like 8 3's from Novak and JR, and since Novak can only get open for about 2 looks per game, JR is going to have to go off.

Obviously the Knicks will shock the sports world if they beat Miami in Miami but if you want to be optimistic just look at the fact that Melo played bad the first 3 games, Amare looks like he can give us solid minutes and so far Chandler has given us nothing, JR nothing, Novak nothing. If Lin comes back maybe he amps up this team...who knows. Will we lose, probably but if you want to be optimistic their is reason to be.

Excellent points about Baron Davis. Obviously he was just a shell of himself as a Knick and that alone was hard to watch. Tough to see him probably go out with an injury like that. I wish him well.

God, that Baron injury was so bad. I'm glad they were chanting his name by the end, because at first it was "these refs suck" and I'm sitting at home thinking this guy is writhing in pain with a possible career ending injury, but I think they realized how serious it was.
quote]

I thought that's what they were chanting, but then they said they were chanting "Baron Davis" and I figured I was just losing my mind. They did kind of suck though tbh.

Feel terrible for Baron. It was ugly watching that injury occur.

Obviously the Knicks will shock the sports world if they beat Miami in Miami but if you want to be optimistic just look at the fact that Melo played bad the first 3 games, Amare looks like he can give us solid minutes and so far Chandler has given us nothing, JR nothing, Novak nothing. If Lin comes back maybe he amps up this team...who knows. Will we lose, probably but if you want to be optimistic their is reason to be.

there is some reason to be, but a lot of the reasons are also related to Miami. A lot of our guys have struggled because Miami has some awesome perimeter defenders.

Lin coming back would be intriguing, but let's also not forget what happened last time he faced Miami. Maybe I just don't want to get my hopes up.

I also think that play kinda summed up his run with the Knicks. I got the sense that he was still coming to grips with the fact that his body couldn't do what it used to. The old Baron Davis probably would've exploded past everyone for the dunk, but this Baron Davis didn't have the burst and ended up getting tangled with everyone.

People who saw Davis play before he ever got riddled with injuries can attest to how explosive he was. Even after his first knee injury at UCLA, he came back in full force. But time and injuries just made him a shell of his former self. I can't even put it into words what it is like seeing Baron Davis not be able to explode and dunk.

I guess I kinda hate being the cold water guy, but I'm not sure the Knicks have shown anything to say they can even play Miami relatively close at Miami. Jr getting hot would help, and he is more than due. (5-24 from 3 in the series). They probably need something like 8 3's from Novak and JR, and since Novak can only get open for about 2 looks per game, JR is going to have to go off.

They haven't. But you are right, outside of Melo scoring 45 points, the second unit needs to hit threes in bunches.

I can't imagine any scenario where the NYK pull out this series, but boy would game 6 be fun at MSG if they can somehow win in Miami.

I can't imagine any scenario where the NYK pull out this series, but boy would game 6 be fun at MSG if they can somehow win in Miami.

Yeah, I was at Game 3 and it was sick. I imagine Game 6 would be even better.

No reason they can't keep winning. Kill Miami down low. Keep attacking and they will be right there. Mike Bibby is better than most give him credit for. He can hit 5 or 6 wide open three's on kick outs.

A healthy Knicks team should be dangerous next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom