Melo | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I understand the post above mine by SWC.

Just joking about internet rumors, inside sources, etc.

It would be nice if the "insiders" who know everything will be OK on Tuesday also knew what the heck happened.

The rumor I head is there was an "issue" with a final exam 14 athletes, most from non-revenue sports have been caught up in an inquiry. I would assume that someone got busted cheating and said answers were available. Damn kids today don't know how to cheat. You write the answers down the insole of your sneaker.

The original rumor at syr.com started out with only 4 athletes.

Not surprised that the story gets embellished as it's passed along.

By the end of the day it will involve either the entire Track and Field team, or the entire College of Arts and Sciences. :)

kid got a huge break on the girl friend mess no way he should have put himself at risk again.

It takes most people years to get used to the big city living and faced paced lifestyle of Upstate NY :)

Sau Palo makes Syracuse look like a small village in comparison.
Haha, I dont claim to know the educational system of Brazil but I would imagine its not as stringent and advanced as the American educational system. I could be wrong. They are one of the fastest growing economies so maybe were not as advanced lol?

The original rumor at syr.com started out with only 4 athletes.

Not surprised that the story gets embellished as it's passed along.

By the end of the day it will involve either the entire Track and Field team, or the entire College of Arts and Sciences. :)
The entire city of Syracuse is now under investigation according to my sources.

The entire city of Syracuse is now under investigation according to my sources.
Including areas of NYC, NJ, Philly, Baltimore, Georgia, NC, and Florida where true road games are never played. Word is FBI is involved again because this crosses state lines. Deja Vu.

The rumor I head is there was an "issue" with a final exam 14 athletes, most from non-revenue sports have been caught up in an inquiry. I would assume that someone got busted cheating and said answers were available. Damn kids today don't know how to cheat. You write the answers down the insole of your sneaker.

From stories I've heard about athlete testing facilities (from another major D1 school, btw), there is usually no need to write down answers on the sneaker - depending on the exam proctor, of course. A friend of mine told me a story that a certain proctor had to "take a break" during an exam to attend a coaches meeting. He stated that he would be leaving the room for x number of minutes and would be back precisely at a given time and that under NO circumstances was anyone allowed to look in the folder on the desk that contained the answers to the tests. It was a PAC10 school and it was the 80's, but I would be surprised if this sort of practice isn't widespread, even today.

If he himself wasnt implicated, but only suspected with no proof along with some others then why would he be held out of the ND and Cinci game? If he truly didnt cheat isnt that pretty unfair? Just let him do the work or re-take the test and then pass judgment. Imo, he must have done something wrong and is being given another chance to be held out of games as some kind of mini punishment.

If he himself wasnt implicated, but only suspected with no proof along with some others then why would he be held out of the ND and Cinci game? If he truly didnt cheat isnt that pretty unfair? Just let him do the work or re-take the test and then pass judgment. Imo, he must have done something wrong and is being given another chance to be held out of games as some kind of mini punishment.
I think it is precautionary, because if he was found guilty you risk forfeit and/or punishment that could include post season ban, so not worth the risk, just find out tomorrow to be sure

Have been told from what I consider to be a great source that he will be OK. Very confident of it...

Are you almost never wrong? ;)

We've been told by someone on this board in the know (bees) that this does not involve cheating or an incomplete...

#pause
Ive watched them play a bunch of games but havent seen them if they had to be the post defender and not come off the ball to block shots. Henson has Zeller who guards the opposing teams best post player and Anthony Davis is a freak but he also plays in the weak a$$ SEC. Just wondering how they would fair in the Big East if they were put in Rak/Keita's position as the Center without Fab because I see Keita as an extremely poor mans version of those two and Rak as what he could become in terms of defense.

Ive watched them play a bunch of games but havent seen them if they had to be the post defender and not come off the ball to block shots. Henson has Zeller who guards the opposing teams best post player and Anthony Davis is a freak but he also plays in the weak a$$ SEC. Just wondering how they would fair in the Big East if they were put in Rak/Keita's position as the Center without Fab because I see Keita as an extremely poor mans version of those two and Rak as what he could become in terms of defense.

I think you may have missed the joke in that...

but to respond to your serious question - henson has a marvin williams like butt. he is stronger than people give him credit for. i think he is a pu$$y - but he is still stronger that keita or xmas.

no idea about davis vs a bigger player. Dont think he has been really tested yet. That being said, he is a GREAT defending C.

We've been told by someone on this board in the know (bees) that this does not involve cheating or an incomplete...
True. Melo's situation is NOT related to cheating. However, those I've talked to are far less confident in this being resolved in Melo's favor. 50/50 from what I'm hearing.

True. Melo's situation is NOT related to cheating. However, those I've talked to are far less confident in this being resolved in Melo's favor. 50/50 from what I'm hearing.

ugh

Ouch!

My source had told me that Fab passed out at 31 Flavors the other night, but that obviously wasn't true. Nor was that part about him needing a transplant. He did spend last night at Cameron's house, though.

;)

Oh Shiest...just when I thought it was good to come back on this board :bang:

If it doesn't go in Melo's favor, what does that mean? Done for the year?

But I thought the source of all sources (John Syracuse) said no worries...;)

If it doesn't go in Melo's favor, what does that mean? Done for the year?

I would think yes, done.

It will make Cuse no different than 14 other teams scrapping in the BE. It turns our potential "special year" into mediocre at best. :(

This makes me less than ecstatic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors