Melo | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it doesn't go in Melo's favor, what does that mean? Done for the year?
Can Jake, bees or anyone else in the know answer this? It would be most appreciated...

seems to be a lot of assumption on this board. Everyone assumes this is an all or nothing deal.

If he himself wasnt implicated, but only suspected with no proof along with some others then why would he be held out of the ND and Cinci game? If he truly didnt cheat isnt that pretty unfair? Just let him do the work or re-take the test and then pass judgment. Imo, he must have done something wrong and is being given another chance to be held out of games as some kind of mini punishment.

If he had an 'I' and had failed other classes the incomplete may have been the difference between being above or below a 2.0.

does the university have different academic min than ncaa??2.0 for syracuse but 1.7 for ncaa??

im hoping the bb sources are being led to believe this is close in order to send message to university that bb program is taking this seriously and not that they feel like they can bully professors to change grades or allow players to make up work

Man you have to actually TRY to get a GPA that low.. that is pathetic

Is this a JRB issue? I thought they were pretty lenient with him with the incident last year, and if he has to go before them again, I think it's sayonara big guy.

does the university have different academic min than ncaa??2.0 for syracuse but 1.7 for ncaa??
22.1 ELIGIBILITY
Eligible means a student-athlete is in compliance with the standards stated in this section and is allowed to participate in intercollegiate athletics without restriction.
22.1.1 First-Year Eligibility First-year eligibility requires the following criteria to be met: The student-athlete must meet the admissions criteria for the specific school or college at the University; must be in compliance with all NCAA initial eligibility requirements; and must be matriculated on a full-time basis (12 credits constitutes a minimum full-time load).
22.1.2 Second-, Third-, and Fourth-Year Eligibility Second-, third-, and fourth-year eligibility requires that the student-athlete must be enrolled on a full-time basis in one of the schools or colleges of the University and must have satisfactorily met all NCAA requirements for normal academic progress toward a degree.

man it would be great to know what, exactly, he's appealing and to whom, exactly, he is appealing it. but apparently the folks here who are hearing things either haven't heard that info or aren't willing to share it.

man it would be great to know what, exactly, he's appealing and to whom, exactly, he is appealing it. but apparently the folks here who are hearing things either haven't heard that info or aren't willing to share it.

You mean you're not having fun with the endless answer-less speculation?

22.1 ELIGIBILITY
Eligible means a student-athlete is in compliance with the standards stated in this section and is allowed to participate in intercollegiate athletics without restriction.
22.1.1First-Year Eligibility First-year eligibility requires the following criteria to be met: The student-athlete must meet the admissions criteria for the specific school or college at the University; must be in compliance with all NCAA initial eligibility requirements; and must be matriculated on a full-time basis (12 credits constitutes a minimum full-time load).
22.1.2Second-, Third-, and Fourth-Year Eligibility Second-, third-, and fourth-year eligibility requires that the student-athlete must be enrolled on a full-time basis in one of the schools or colleges of the University and must have satisfactorily met all NCAA requirements for normal academic progress toward a degree.
are SU undergrad classes generally worth 4 credits apiece, as they are at most universities? so then I would guess that bball players generally take 3 classes per semester to be enrolled full-time.

"Lost" pissed me off so much. I didn't mind the ending really. It was just that they explained all the unexplainable by chalking it up to the myserious powers of the island. Total cop-out. I will not put another dime in JJ Abrams' pocket. That show was brilliant the first two seasons and really started jumping the shark after a while.

are SU undergrad classes generally worth 4 credits apiece, as they are at most universities? so then I would guess that bball players generally take 3 classes per semester to be enrolled full-time.

Most classes are 3 credits, some are 4, such as calculus. The lab component of classes is often 2 credits.

Usually, students take 4-6 classes each semester, with the majority around 15 credits. I'm just throwing it out there, I doubt Fab was enrolled in calculus 3 or physics lab..

Indeed, "Lost" = fitting title for this whole Fab situation

Most classes are 3 credits, some are 4, such as calculus. The lab component of classes is often 2 credits.

Usually, students take 4-6 classes each semester, with the majority around 15 credits. I'm just throwing it out there, I doubt Fab was enrolled in calculus 3 or physics lab..
thx, just trying to gauge how many classes bball players typically take per semester.

thx, just trying to gauge how many classes bball players typically take per semester.

Most likely the minimum-- 4 classes. And most likely they are not studying aerospace engineering and minoring in mathematics..:noidea:

Depends on the class. They're between 3 and 4, usually 4 credits are for foreign languages and lab sciences.

Boone comes back in the last episode and had a fairly significant part, hopefully so does Melo.

Freshman 1st semester- need 12 passing credit hours at 1.75.
Freshman 2nd semester- 24 passing credit hours at 2.0
Soph-senior- 12 passing credit hours at 2.0 each full time semester.
ie. Fab is in 3rd semester he needs 36 credit hours at 2.0. He will need 48 at end of current semester.

That being said, most guys take a summer class or 2 each year to get a jump on the credit hour limits.
most often when the fall semester ends and grades are posted it is too late to sign up for a "winter mini" course.
This is a 2 week course (usually) that meets every day for 3 hours. Thus a full semester crash course in 2 weeks.
If he was indeed ineligible at semester end and needed a "mini" to catch up he could take one at SU or somewhere online.
Depending on when the grades were posted and he found out he was under the limits.
If he took a class online from another school he would have to wait for that class to post grades.
I hope this is the case and he took Portuguese 101.

"Lost" pissed me off so much. I didn't mind the ending really. It was just that they exlained all the unexplainable by saying chalking it up to the myserious powers of the island. Total cop-out. I will not put another dime in JJ Abrams' pocket. That show was brilliant the first two seasons and really started jumping the shark after a while.
I got so frustrated with that show I bailed halfway trough the final season.

I got so frustrated with that show I bailed halfway trough the final season.
So you didn't stick around to find out that the whole thing took place in an Autistic kid's snow globe, but that turned out to all just be a dream inside of the dog, Vincent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom