Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans

They should just call it a season now.. trade Bruce for prospects. Play Nimmo at center, Conforto in right. Smith at first, Rosario at short, Cabrera at 3rd, cechinni at 2nd. See what happens.

This team is really starting to tick me off, Harvey lays an egg today, what a shock.

One of the things I look forward to during the winter is that beautiful spring day when I wash my windows. The house fills with fresh air and sunshine. I take a "whistle-while-you-work" attitude, except that I'm listening to a baseball game on the radio. then i get to look out at the world through freshly cleaned windows, which is even better than looking out at it with no window because it seems to increase the depth of the view. Winter is all behind me and the beauties of spring summer and fall await! :);):cool::p:rolleyes:

Unfortunately the game on the radio is the Mets. :(:mad::confused::oops::vomit::bang::crazy::noidea::bat:

I blame your cousin;)
The injury is strained lat.
I texted her and haven't heard back yet.

I got him on my fantasy team and wanted to know if it's serious. Will report what I find out.

The injury is strained lat.
I texted her and haven't heard back yet.

I got him on my fantasy team and wanted to know if it's serious. Will report what I find out.

On the Sny broadcast they said he should pitch on Sunday, so it doesn't sound bad.

One of the things I look forward to during the winter is that beautiful spring day when I wash my windows. The house fills with fresh air and sunshine. I take a "whistle-while-you-work" attitude, except that I'm listening to a baseball game on the radio. then i get to look out at the world through freshly cleaned windows, which is even better than looking out at it with no window because it seems to increase the depth of the view. Winter is all behind me and the beauties of spring summer and fall await! :);):cool::p:rolleyes:

Unfortunately the game on the radio is the Mets. :(:mad::confused::oops::vomit::bang::crazy::noidea::bat:

Pollen's heavy today, I'm thinking of waiting another week for windows.

Also, those Metsies. Ugh.

Cespedes to dl, Noah hurt, Harvey not told until 10 am that he's pitching at 1, another Mets loss. What a day.

It's getting late early folks.

Cespedes to dl, Noah hurt, Harvey not told until 10 am that he's pitching at 1, another Mets loss. What a day.

It's getting late early folks.

We could be ten games out come Sunday.

On the Sny broadcast they said he should pitch on Sunday, so it doesn't sound bad.
They are getting their info from the Mets though... Mets doctors are slightly above the witch doctor of Africa. I think their next move is to stick leaches on Thor's arm to get the bad humors out.

This franchise is cursed... they Wilpons need to sell the franchise and they need to sacrifice a goat or something in the clubhouse. Where is Jobu when you need him? In 3 to 5 years when the Mets lose each of these pitchers to free agency because of the total mismanagement from soup to nuts this franchise will go back to being a zero.

They are getting their info from the Mets though... Mets doctors are slightly above the witch doctor of Africa. I think their next move is to stick leaches on Thor's arm to get the bad humors out.

This franchise is cursed... they Wilpons need to sell the franchise and they need to sacrifice a goat or something in the clubhouse. Where is Jobu when you need him? In 3 to 5 years when the Mets lose each of these pitchers to free agency because of the total mismanagement from soup to nuts this franchise will go back to being a zero.

That might be too kind, do you remember the Dr. from Family Guy, they might be on par with him.

So I've gone from rooting for a 4-8 football team to a 19-15 basketball team to an 8-13 baseball team, all of which had an unnatural number of injuries. And the Chiefs just got swept. At least we've got SU lacrosse! I just hope they can keep winning those 1 goal games.

SI on the Mets injuries: Mets’ injury mismanagement proves costly as hits keep coming

It still doesn't explain why we get so many injuries to begin with. Howie Rose yesterday was talking about how players train to remove body fat and that could contribute to the type of injuries Cespedes, for example, has. Dan Warthen was written up in SI a couple of years a go as a guy who burned out early as a pitcher and who favors minimal use of pitchers to preserve them. it doesn't seem to have worked.

SI on the Mets injuries: Mets’ injury mismanagement proves costly as hits keep coming

It still doesn't explain why we get so many injuries to begin with. Howie Rose yesterday was talking about how players train to remove body fat and that could contribute to the type of injuries Cespedes, for example, has. Dan Warthen was written up in SI a couple of years a go as a guy who burned out early as a pitcher and who favors minimal use of pitchers to preserve them. it doesn't seem to have worked.

The thing that bothers me about Cespedes, is the fact that he plays golf everyday, that isn't going to help when you have an injury.

The thing that bothers me about Cespedes, is the fact that he plays golf everyday, that isn't going to help when you have an injury.
hes apparently given up golf

Mets issues:
- Their pitchers pretty all rely extensively on hard, high heat which has been proven to cause more issues. Thor's whole off season bullsh!t about throwing it even harder this year is just dumb.
- Their pitchers don't pitch to contact which causes high pitch count
- I've been banging on this drum for a while but every inning ever Mets pitcher throws is a high stress inning because of how bad the offense has been... the pitchers know if they give up more than 2 runs in a game they are probably going to lose. High stress innings cause more strain than low easy stress innings
- Their position player are older, big, bulky bomber types which probably is not the best physique for a game like baseball
- The Mets are stupid about calling up the kids in the farm because they don't want to sacrifice control years
- Wright, Matz, Darnaud are very very unlucky
- Collins has no idea how to manage pitchers or a bullpen

Last of the 9th 1 out...7-5 Mets...bases loaded. Are they going to blow this game?

Much needed win, thank God Terry yanked Familia, he would have choked another big game away.

What the is Familia's problem. I don't think he's ever really recovered from blowing all those World Series games. He was good last year but he was definitely wild and struggled to get clean innings. Seems like this year he has ZERO control. Hopefully he's fine in a month or so because that will be his spring training.

nothing really going all that right, still even in the last 10 game slide, everything came down to the last couple of innings from going 2-8 and 6-4.

if the whole team continues to not hit, they wont win.

cabrera/Travis/bruce are doing enough.

Conforto is showing he needs to play

walker/reyes/grandy are killing them, but they need one of walker/reyes to wake up.

cespedes needs to be cespedes.

Duda showed some signs that he might be able to stay up around .260-275 with power and that would be enough.

If walker/reyes stay at .200 levels they need to bring SS up and play him and move Cabrera between 3rd/2nd and mix and match reyes/walker. Im not sure that if only 1 of them wakes up they still done need to bring the kid up.

Mid may could be interesting.

Rivera is not an answer to anything long term nor is reynolds.

nothing really going all that right, still even in the last 10 game slide, everything came down to the last couple of innings from going 2-8 and 6-4.

if the whole team continues to not hit, they wont win.

cabrera/Travis/bruce are doing enough.

Conforto is showing he needs to play

walker/reyes/grandy are killing them, but they need one of walker/reyes to wake up.

cespedes needs to be cespedes.

Duda showed some signs that he might be able to stay up around .260-275 with power and that would be enough.

If walker/reyes stay at .200 levels they need to bring SS up and play him and move Cabrera between 3rd/2nd and mix and match reyes/walker. Im not sure that if only 1 of them wakes up they still done need to bring the kid up.

Mid may could be interesting.

Rivera is not an answer to anything long term nor is reynolds.

Jose Reyes may be breaking out of it: 4 game hitting streak, 6 of 14 (.429).
Jose Reyes

reyes 2 more hits today and a HR.big game tomorrow with a chance for a sweep

still 5 starters hitting under .250 is pretty scary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors