Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2017 - Calling all Mets fans

they should just give up.. 8-8 its over..

the cubs are rolling at 8-7
st is rolling at 6-10
the dodgers are super hot at 8-8
SF is rolling at 6-10 and the stud pitcher is out for 2 months

had Familia played last week they probably win 2 more games and would be right there with Wash. And this is with no one hitting, half the team now hurt and the stopper in the pen out..

the whole league is basically .500 or under except for 3 teams.

too early to be worried.. just keep it with 5-6 until end of may..

they should just give up.. 8-8 its over..

the cubs are rolling at 8-7
st is rolling at 6-10
the dodgers are super hot at 8-8
SF is rolling at 6-10 and the stud pitcher is out for 2 months

had Familia played last week they probably win 2 more games and would be right there with Wash. And this is with no one hitting, half the team now hurt and the stopper in the pen out..

the whole league is basically .500 or under except for 3 teams.

too early to be worried.. just keep it with 5-6 until end of may..
Agreed... they had their chances.

They need to do something about Reyes tho... he seems like he's toast.

Agreed... they had their chances.

They need to do something about Reyes tho... he seems like he's toast.

Reyes is killing this team and embarrassing himself, bring up Rosario for heavens sake, I can't look at Reyes anymore.

quote-these-are-the-times-that-try-men-s-souls-thomas-paine-140944.jpg

We can't win cuz we're losin'.

I agree that reyes is the issue thats is just killing them.. Convince him to go down and get it fixed

Wash. has 2 guys hitting, but Harper wont hit .400 all year

Sucks to see decent pitching so many nights and just no runs being scored.

Comforto needs to be playing now even when Cespedes comes back.

It usually takes more than 3 weeks for the entire team to get injured. I'm impressed

I agree that reyes is the issue thats is just killing them.. Convince him to go down and get it fixed

Wash. has 2 guys hitting, but Harper wont hit .400 all year

Sucks to see decent pitching so many nights and just no runs being scored.

Comforto needs to be playing now even when Cespedes comes back.
Go down? Does he even have minor league options or would the Mets have to DFA him first? Not that any other team in baseball would take him right now.

Mets issue is that they are so relcutant to dl their players and call up the kids. I don't understand why Sandy is so willing to go short handed.

Go down? Does he even have minor league options or would the Mets have to DFA him first? Not that any other team in baseball would take him right now.

Mets issue is that they are so relcutant to dl their players and call up the kids. I don't understand why Sandy is so willing to go short handed.

Can't send reyes down without his permission.

Why the Mets insist on playing shorthanded, I have no idea.

Getting no hit again, this team is hopeless.

There were post like this in each of the previous two years and we wound up in the playoffs.

Last edited:
remember this at the end of May when they are in first place

Love the optimism, but what have you seen from this team that makes you think they will have a complete turn around in one month's time? I know it's only been 18 games but being behind the Phillies in the standings is unacceptable. I know there are injuries, but still, the offense has been a complete mess. It has to be incredibly frustrating for guys like Syndergaard, Harvey and deGrom who get little to no run support at all.

So Wheeler barely touched a guy with a pitch. Cabrera injures himself on a grounder and can't make the play. After a single, Harper hits a 408 foot home run on what was actually a pretty good pitch. Wheeler then pitches 6 scoreless innings. Collins goes to his bullpen while Baker sticks with Scherzer. Smoker comes in and gets smoked for a 418 foot two run homer and the Nationals are about to sweep.

They said the Mets are making an average of 4 pitching changes a game when starting pitching is supposed to be their strength.

Kiss the division goodbye, the bp sucks, they can't score a run unless they hit a hr, I am tired of looking at Reyes and him swinging for the fences on every swing, cut him already.

So Wheeler barely touched a guy with a pitch. Cabrera injures himself on a grounder and can't make the play. After a single, Harper hits a 408 foot home run on what was actually a pretty good pitch. Wheeler then pitches 6 scoreless innings. Collins goes to his bullpen while Baker sticks with Scherzer. Smoker comes in and gets smoked for a 418 foot two run homer and the Nationals are about to sweep.

They said the Mets are making an average of 4 pitching changes a game when starting pitching is supposed to be their strength.

I don't think thats exactly fair. Wheeler is coming off an injury, and Scherzer is one of the biggest workhorses in the game.

Everything else; yeah. Not good right now, was really hoping they could at lest avoid a sweep

This is just a poorly conceived team. I'm not sure what Alderson, an early money ball practicioner, was thinking when he put this team together. You don't need Bruce, Duda, Cespedes on the same team... they are basically all the same player. Not to beat a dead horse but letting Murphy go is becoming more and more indefensible. Betting on old guys who were already fading like Wright, Grandy, and Reyes is biting them in the ass. Walker just has not done diddly.

I'll give the Mets credit, they know how to develop pitchers, but the position player portion of the franchise needs a complete overhaul from ground up, starting with Alderson. Unfortunately with the Wilpons in charge that will never happen and the Mets will lose all these pitchers to free agency and the window will be shut.

My prediction for the season is still the same... Mets make the wild card and lose it 1-0 when Familia gives up a run after coming in at the beginning of an inning. Terry retire, Harvey is traded in the off season.

They absolutely should have looked to move Bruce or Duda or even Granderson (he can at least fake center though) They needed to find a spot for Conforto. Sandy, for better or worse, is stubborn, and when they didn't meet his asking price for Bruce, I guess he didn't want to budge.

They absolutely should have looked to move Bruce or Duda or even Granderson (he can at least fake center though) They needed to find a spot for Conforto. Sandy, for better or worse, is stubborn, and when they didn't meet his asking price for Bruce, I guess he didn't want to budge.

They wouldn't have got anything for Bruce, and he has been one of the better players we have, I like the idea of playing Bruce at 1b, that way Conforto plays everyday.

This is just a poorly conceived team. I'm not sure what Alderson, an early money ball practicioner, was thinking when he put this team together. You don't need Bruce, Duda, Cespedes on the same team... they are basically all the same player. Not to beat a dead horse but letting Murphy go is becoming more and more indefensible. Betting on old guys who were already fading like Wright, Grandy, and Reyes is biting them in the ass. Walker just has not done diddly.

I'll give the Mets credit, they know how to develop pitchers, but the position player portion of the franchise needs a complete overhaul from ground up, starting with Alderson. Unfortunately with the Wilpons in charge that will never happen and the Mets will lose all these pitchers to free agency and the window will be shut.

My prediction for the season is still the same... Mets make the wild card and lose it 1-0 when Familia gives up a run after coming in at the beginning of an inning. Terry retire, Harvey is traded in the off season.

Disagree about Walker, who put up good numbers last year before he got hurt:
Neil Walker Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

And Bruce was the National league RBI leader when we got him last year. He pressed too much when the trade was made but has certzinly been productive this year:
Jay Bruce Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

I have some criticisms of Alderson. I want a balanced offense that does't just rely on home runs to score. But how much hope did this organization have when he took over? We've been to the playoffs twice in a row and got to the World Series. That's pretty darn good.

And I'd like to see what a fully healthy met team would be like.

Last edited:
They wouldn't have got anything for Bruce, and he has been one of the better players we have, I like the idea of playing Bruce at 1b, that way Conforto plays everyday.

Yeah Bruce has been good, which makes me look like an idiot for saying they should have moved him, but that's never stopped me before. I also think bruce is a terrible RF, so putting him at first isn't terrible. But Duda was hitting as well.

I'm not going to get too down on the team right now; a sweep really hurts though. They need to get somewhat healthy though.

Disagree about Walker, who put up good numbers last year before he got hurt:
Neil Walker Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

And Bruce was the National league RBI leader when we got him last year. He pressed too much when the trade was made but has certzinly been productive this year:
Jay Bruce Stats | Baseball-Reference.com

I have some criticisms of Alderson. I want a balanced offense that does't just rely on home runs to score. But how much hope did this organization have when he took over? We've been to the playoffs twice in a row and got to the World Series. That's pretty darn good.

And I'd like to see what a fully healthy met team would be like.

That was basically the Mets from August-2015 to the end of the season, and it looked pretty good. I think the Mets were the best team in the 2015 playoffs. That was a hell of a roster.

Yeah Bruce has been good, which makes me look like an idiot for saying they should have moved him, but that's never stopped me before. I also think bruce is a terrible RF, so putting him at first isn't terrible. But Duda was hitting as well.

I'm not going to get too down on the team right now; a sweep really hurts though. They need to get somewhat healthy though.

That was basically the Mets from August-2015 to the end of the season, and it looked pretty good. I think the Mets were the best team in the 2015 playoffs. That was a hell of a roster.

I'm not a Duda fan at all, I have no problem sitting him, I would do anything to get Conforto in the lineup everyday. The problem is we already 5.5 games behind the Nats, we can't afford to lose anymore ground, and we play them again this weekend.

I'm not a Duda fan at all, I have no problem sitting him, I would do anything to get Conforto in the lineup everyday. The problem is we already 5.5 games behind the Nats, we can't afford to lose anymore ground, and we play them again this weekend.

7 of the next 10 are against the Braves. If the Mets can't beat Dickey and Colon(whose combined age is 85)on back to back days, then they really are in big trouble.

7 of the next 10 are against the Braves. If the Mets can't beat Dickey and Colon(whose combined age is 85)on back to back days, then they really are in big trouble.
Colon dominated them. These guys can't hit and freeman is a wrecking crew against them.

Colon dominated them. These guys can't hit and freeman is a wrecking crew against them.

It was his first start of the season and the first time facing his old team. His adrenaline was probably through the roof. I'm not expecting the same this time around.

It was his first start of the season and the first time facing his old team. His adrenaline was probably through the roof. I'm not expecting the same this time around.

I don't have much faith in us hitting him, or tehran who owns us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom