Micron - Let’s try this again | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Micron - Let’s try this again

I just wrapped up a project with them 5 years after a local housing development they built was completed. It took 5 years of threats and holding securities to get NVR/Ryan to fix all of the road, drainage and homeowners association problems they caused.

Sounds like a developer issue. My wife was an executive (Regional VP of Sales & Marketing) for NVR/Ryan Homes when she left a few years back in her early 50's. She was employed there for about 30 years. NVR/Ryan Homes is usually not the land developer, etc., and aren't typically responsible/performing the preceeding infrastructure, roads, sewage, draining, parcel partitioning, etc. Their MO is erecting the structures/dwellings under contract.

NVR's current stock price is $5833/share. Yeah, that figure is correct.

Last edited:
That's a pretty aggressive suggestion. You can GC it, but you need the expertise of knowing the ins and outs of construction, lots of available time to be able to manage and supervise the process of hiring your subs and securing your product, and last but not least, a cast iron stomach to not end up in jail when the people you hire don't show up or have a completely different timeline than you.

Most of these companies can't hire good people, and the ones that are the most reputable are so far backlogged that they might not be interested in a single home project.

Indeed.

And, getting a GC license is not a walk in the park, it's a bit involved. And, good luck as your own (no name) GC getting the trades to adhere to your time frame, schedule, etc., not to mention any significant incentive to do a top notch quality job.

Sounds like a developer issue. My wife was an executive (Regional VP of Sales & Marketing) for NVR/Ryan homes when she left a few years back in her early 50's. She was employed there for about 30 years. NVR/Ryan homes is usually not the land developer, etc., and aren't typically responsible/performing the preceeding infrastructure, roads, sewage, draining, parcel partitioning, etc. Their MO is erecting the structures/dwellings under contract.

I know the Founder of NVR very well. Their business model is best in the space.

I know the Founder of NVR very well. Their business model is best in the space.

No doubt. Built to order, under contract, no specs, no carry of $$$ inventory, total streamline production, etc.

My wife had spent some time back in the day with Mr. Dwight Schar.

No doubt. Built to order, under contract, no specs, no carry of $$$ inventory, total streamline production, etc.

This Dwight?

Season 3 Wow GIF by The Office

Sounds like a developer issue. My wife was an executive (Regional VP of Sales & Marketing) for NVR/Ryan Homes when she left a few years back in her early 50's. She was employed there for about 30 years. NVR/Ryan Homes is usually not the land developer, etc., and aren't typically responsible/performing the preceeding infrastructure, roads, sewage, draining, parcel partitioning, etc. Their MO is erecting the structures/dwellings under contract.

Strange to me they've never done any splits. 3 million free float is very small for a company with valuations just under $20B.

Strange to me they've never done any splits. 3 million free float is very small for a company with valuations just under $20B.
they might be keeping their stock price high to deter certain investment (i.e. only certain shareholders can buy $5800 stock)

Just make a huge artificial lake in the center and build around it
Turns out they bought Caughdenoy Links. Middle of nowhere but a lot closer to ans better suited for development.

they might be keeping their stock price high to deter certain investment (i.e. only certain shareholders can buy $5800 stock)
Envestnet owns over 1/3rd of the company, and it appears they have done so for a very long time. I think they are an asset pooling firm? Never heard of them before honestly

Envestnet owns over 1/3rd of the company, and it appears they have done so for a very long time. I think they are an asset pooling firm? Never heard of them before honestly
Only 6% owned by anyone besides mutual funds, institutions, and insiders. Should pull back to $5200 shortly. Executives sold bits up at the top here. ROI and margins well above their peers though.

I actually just put money down on a new dev they are doing in SC

Exactly. Only capital down is essentially the land option deposit. They’ve streamlined the process to the point construction debt isn’t even necessary.

I executed a $3.5B privately held deal that Dwight was a major part of to pivot a publicly traded real estate Company. I’m intimately familiar with him and his family. Great guy.

Only 6% owned by anyone besides mutual funds, institutions, and insiders. Should pull back to $5200 shortly. Executives sold bits up at the top here. ROI and margins well above their peers though.

Keep trying. You apparently don't know that much about this company, et al. This stock, in all probability, will continue to rise long term. Check out its history, especially the last 10 years. If it were to fall back to $5200 as you opine, it would be short term and only because of the current state of the housing market in general, economy issues, etc.

My bet...it will be well above $6k once we get out of this Fed monetary policy tightening early/mid next year or so and when the next growth phase occurs. The focus should be on the later part highlighted.

Last edited:
I actually just put money down on a new dev they are doing in SC

I'll presume the Greenville, SC area. NVR, Inc. is having/has had a tremendous amount of success/growth there. Greenville, SC is beautiful, the city/downtown area is quaint and so nice. It has grown incredibly the past two decades.

They have recently tapped into the vastly growing Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Summerville, SC area, so perhaps there. :)

Keep trying. You apparently don't know that much about this company, et al. This stock, in all probability, will continue to rise long term. Check out its history, especially the last 10 years. If it were to fall back to $5200 as you opine, it would be short term and only because of the current state of the housing market in general, economy issues, etc.

My bet...it will be well above $6k once we get out of this Fed monetary policy tightening early/mid next year or so and when the next growth phase occurs. The focus should be on the later part highlighted.
I'm not knocking the company at all. Short term price fluctuation based off volume weighted standard deviations is where I'm basing my opinion. Add to it how often patterns (double tops) end up playing out both intraday and on much larger timeframes and I see a short term pullback then a breaching of new all time highs.

As I stated the fundamentals are well above their industry peers. No knock on NVR at all!

That was once a really nice course with awesome views. Sad it is gone forever but it is good to see that the property, which is a horrible overgrown mess now, is going to finally get developed into something.
Agree. Played in a league there for a number of years sometime between 2007-2011 before it was completely run into the ground. Great track and it's a shame it's gone, but given where we are now- nice to see a gem of a property get redeveloped.

The number of golf courses in the area has been shrinking rapidly over the last decade.

The number of golf courses in the area has been shrinking rapidly over the last decade.

LaFayette
Brooklawn
Liverpool
Pope's Grove
The one Weitsman bought in Central Square.

I would expect Hickory Hill to sell soon too.
Northern Pines has been for sale for at least a decade. Being on Route 31, like Hickory Hill, it's future as a golf course seems uncertain.

The Greens at Beaumont (on Route 11 between Route 31 and Brewerton) is also very close to the Micron campus and I would considered it endangered as well.

Last I knew, Tanner Valley was also for sale.

Where are all these Micron employees going to golf?

Northern Pines has been for sale for at least a decade. Being on Route 31, like Hickory Hill, it's future as a golf course seems uncertain.

The Greens at Beaumont (on Route 11 between Route 31 and Brewerton) is also very close to the Micron campus and I would considered it endangered as well.

Last I knew, Tanner Valley was also for sale.

Where are all these Micron employees going to golf?
All the private clubs are full too