Micron - Let’s try this again | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Micron - Let’s try this again

Northern Pines has been for sale for at least a decade. Being on Route 31, like Hickory Hill, it's future as a golf course seems uncertain.

The Greens at Beaumont (on Route 11 between Route 31 and Brewerton) is also very close to the Micron campus and I would considered it endangered as well.

Last I knew, Tanner Valley was also for sale.

Where are all these Micron employees going to golf?
they are all going to play Pickleball.

I grew up at Lafayette Country Club.

My parents got married there.

I was there during the summer playing golf, at the pool, hanging with my friends and my family - especially my grandfather, who played golf every day with his crew.

It was an essential part of my youth.

I still cannot believe that the Club died. So many reasons why that happened.

To see it now - desolate - is heartbreaking.

So, the development of the property is a good thing - I guess - though it ends any hope I had that the golf course might be restored.

I was there during the summer playing golf, at the pool, hanging with my friends and my family - especially my grandfather, who played golf every day with his crew.

So, the development of the property is a good thing - I guess - though it ends any hope I had that the golf course might be restored.
Will be interesting, from what I heard that land was not suitable for building.

After COVID hit, golf got a major boost in interest that continues to this day. At least based on what I see in golf course parking lots...
With the aging population and to make it more women friendly a developer should buy one of these courses and redevelop it as an executive course and build housing among the holes. Have trails for golf carts in the summer and cross country skiing in the winter.

Tillinghast course. Real shame it fell apart

Pope's Grove is where I got my first birdie. I belief it was a Bob Ross design, beautiful tract of land. That drive down State Fair Blvd reminds me of Magnolia Lane at Augusta National.
Walter Pope designed it. It assume it was his plot of land; hence the name. Opened in 1961. I bet there are some good stories about him and the land. Anyone know any?

I think I played it twice. All I can remember about it is that there was a short par 3, maybe 60 yards, with a tree directly in front of the green.

Here is a picture of one of the holes.

pope-p1-16688-04072020.jpeg

Correct, no public sewer.
Hoping those Texas investors are not able to sell the land to developers, lose their shirts on it and end up selling it cheap to someone who turns it back into a golf course.

Hoping those Texas investors are not able to sell the land to developers, lose their shirts on it and end up selling it cheap to someone who turns it back into a golf course.
You gotta build housing first. The city could use some tax revenue.

A homerun would be to build houses and retain at least 9 holes though

I assume it never got fully built out. Should be prime land. Just add some modern updates and open up some new neighborhoods
Last I knew it was 80% complete and Eldan, Merle, Mark Antony, and Milback were still building there.

Heritage is also in the process of adding at least 3 new neighborhoods in the Baldwinsville/Liverpool area.

Last I knew it was 80% complete and Eldan, Merle, Mark Antony, and Milback were still building there.

Heritage is also in the process of adding at least 3 new neighborhoods in the Baldwinsville/Liverpool area.
Sounds good.

Master Plan communities are big in Florida.

Hopefully a new one gets built in Syracuse with modern amenities. Florida allows developers to access CDD fees to pay for parks, trails, swimming pools, gyms, water slides, paddle launches and pickleball courts.

I live here and it is considered one of the better ones in Florida. Syracuse really needs something like this.

There are traffic issues though with access to highways around Baldwinsville. West from Radisson , the village of B’ville is a huge bottleneck with only one way, Route 31 turning into route 370 to get to 690 or the thruway. It’s the only real way to get across the river. East of Radisson, Route 31 is a traffic nightmare through all the commercial areas past route 57 to access rte 481 or even further East to rte 81.

There are traffic issues though with access to highways around Baldwinsville. West from Radisson , the village of B’ville is a huge bottleneck with only one way, Route 31 turning into route 370 to get to 690 or the thruway. It’s the only real way to get across the river. East of Radisson, Route 31 is a traffic nightmare through all the commercial areas past route 57 to access rte 481 or even further East to rte 81.
I live on the northwest side of the village and it takes me 45 minutes to get to Cicero. You're better off taking Hencle if you live anywhere on the north side of the village(which I do). Traffic is only going to get worse as currently the town of Lysander is the fastest growing area in the county.

Why I live in Marcellus

You gotta build housing first. The city could use some tax revenue.

A homerun would be to build houses and retain at least 9 holes though
Looks like the course is about 50% on city property and 50% in the Town of Onondaga. Both were involved in the tax dispute with the former owner that ran the property into the ground. There is the big hill topped by the clubhouse but most of the rest of the land is relatively flat. Scenic rolling hills, some big relatively old trees.

A good designer could retain some of the open space and the natural beauty of the area. Hope that happens if this area does get developed.

Hard to believe there are areas in the city limits that still have no sewer service. Assume they stopped at the course because there was no need for it at the time.

Is this the only area that doesn‘t have sewer service in the city?

Looks like the course is about 50% on city property and 50% in the Town of Onondaga. Both were involved in the tax dispute with the former owner that ran the property into the ground. There is the big hill topped by the clubhouse but most of the rest of the land is relatively flat. Scenic rolling hills, some big relatively old trees.

A good designer could retain some of the open space and the natural beauty of the area. Hope that happens if this area does get developed.

Hard to believe there are areas in the city limits that still have no sewer service. Assume they stopped at the course because there was no need for it at the time.

Is this the only area that doesn‘t have sewer service in the city?

Some random blocks in the Valley also are on septic. And if I'm not mistaken there are a couple small portions of other peripheral neighborhoods that were annexed kind of late in the game that also weren't connected to public sewer.

It's a big surprise to a lot of people.

After COVID hit, golf got a major boost in interest that continues to this day. At least based on what I see in golf course parking lots...
What’s happening in the parking lots?