Micron - Let’s try this again | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Micron - Let’s try this again

There are traffic issues though with access to highways around Baldwinsville. West from Radisson , the village of B’ville is a huge bottleneck with only one way, Route 31 turning into route 370 to get to 690 or the thruway. It’s the only real way to get across the river. East of Radisson, Route 31 is a traffic nightmare through all the commercial areas past route 57 to access rte 481 or even further East to rte 81.
A toll road running north of Rte 31 from I-690/rt 48 to I-81 would really help.

I say toll road because it can be built in under a decade.

I think the logical thing to do would be to convert Lamson, which runs from I90/Route 48 west to east all the way across the Oswego River into the village of Phoenix.

Probably divert it to cross the Oswego River south of the village and connect to I-481 where the existing exit is for Phoenix.

Not a lot of development in these areas. A new bridge would be expensive but the value this would bring to the area is immense.

Lamson Road Extension.png

Would have to go North of Hencle/Radisson and the Micron site. Probably could get the backing with the amount the northern suburbs are growing.

Last edited:
I think the logical thing to do would be to convert Lamson, which runs from I90/Route 48 west to east all the way across the Oswego River into the village of Phoenix.

Probably divert it to cross the Oswego River south of the village and connect to I-481 where the existing exit is for Phoenix.

Not a lot of development in these areas. A new bridge would be expensive but the value this would bring to the area is immense.

View attachment 228090
On the rare occasions I’m driving home around 5pm I drive up to the Phoenix exit instead of driving down 31. The issue for the Micron site is 31 heading east from Lysander and Clay Going to need at least 4 lanes all the way through

On the rare occasions I’m driving home around 5pm I drive up to the Phoenix exit instead of driving down 31. The issue for the Micron site is 31 heading east from Lysander and Clay Going to need at least 4 lanes all the way through
The easy button might be a big expansion of verplank

View attachment 228090

I noticed that you drew your little highway running right into the Phoenix OTB.

Anything we need to talk about?

There are a lot more cars in them. More people are golfing now that say 5 years ago. Considerably more.
I know. The way it was worded is that the REAL action was happening in the lots.

There are a lot more cars in them. More people are golfing now that say 5 years ago. Considerably more.
This is 100% correct- private and public courses are packed these days. Even some local private clubs that had trouble filling out membership 6-7 years ago are packed today- with wait lists. I know that a number of them have raised initiation fees as well to help with capital improvements...with no impact on demand.

The easy button might be a big expansion of verplank
That would work well on the east side of I481 but I didn't want to run a highway through Radisson. Verplank seems a lot more developed and populated that Lamson as well.

But it would be a lot closer to R31 and probably a lot more convenient for a lot more people. At least for a while.

Our builder still won’t build on spec. Real estate agent keeps pushing but nothing yet. Planned 72 patio homes 14 built, 2 more under construction and 12 occupied with two more sold.

They are trying to get a change approved that will enable them build some larger single family units in Phase 3 of the development

A couple of weeks ago, I found myself talking to a guy who works for Micron. He said Micron is full steam ahead for this plant, and one of the biggest hurdles remaining is creating an infrastructure to have enough child care to go around.

A couple of weeks ago, I found myself talking to a guy who works for Micron. He said Micron is full steam ahead for this plant, and one of the biggest hurdles remaining is creating an infrastructure to have enough child care to go around.
This is really exciting and I hope the next generation of CNY'ers can truly enjoy it.

That was a problem before micron