Class of 2014 - Mikale Wilbon, RB (Illinois) offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Mikale Wilbon, RB (Illinois) offered

that's the dumbest thing iv ever heard sounds as like a good plan ... Not who wants a kid that only wants to come to su fer the money and not the love of the school and coaching staff? Nobody!

please translate......

Seeing as zjscuse is a new poster I think it may be in the interest of all SU football fans to tread lightly in their sarcasm and critique. He may be more important to the program on the field someday then any of us. Just a thought.

I envy his post to tee err like ratio...

Gotta be honest I didn't get the joke but it was just a joke lets move on. We all want Wilbon to come to the 'Cuse and be the next in a line of historically great running backs. I hope he comes next weekend to see 36,000+ for a basketball game and gets a chance to talk to one of our great former Running backs, NFL Hall of Famer Floyd Little who will certianly be in attendance saturday before he likely goes down to NYC sunday to see Peyton Manning and his Broncos in the Superbowl. Hope he loves Syracuse as much as we all do.

Nebraska has a good jump on us. We'll need to blow him away and I feel this is doable with a super OV. Let's hope this is not just a shuttle stop to Met Life, rather, a life changing decision in our favor and Mikale's as we'll.

Rovals had him as official visit. 1/31 Not sure if that's been posted or if it's new

rrlbees said:
Now we sound like rutgers

Seriously. This kid would have looked great in an orange helmet, but there's no shame in losing when you're competing for great players. Best of luck to him. Who's up next?

Now we sound like rutgers

That's what's being reported, whether it sounds like Rutgers or not.

And this is the first time I've heard that about a recruit that committed elsewhere this year, if it's coming from the staff, unlikely as it sounds, I believe it.

And this is the first time I've heard that about a recruit that committed elsewhere this year, if it's coming from the staff, unlikely as it sounds, I believe it.
Not surprised MW chose Nebraska, but the commentary about SU backing off is surprising. We did lose our feature RB and Erv was recruited for the slot. Backing off a 4 star RB is strange indeed. I guess we'll need to see how this all plays out with the numbers and all.

Not surprised MW chose Nebraska, but the commentary about SU backing off is surprising. We did lose our feature RB and Erv was recruited for the slot. Backing off a 4 star RB is strange indeed. I guess we'll need to see how this all plays out with the numbers and all.

Erv may have been recruited for the slot but hes getting his first run in the backfield, no way Syracuse goes two years without taking a RB.

I'm just not quick to dismiss it as BS because we've seem other high end recruits go elsewhere, i.e. Nile Sykes and Thomas Holley, and we didn't hear that we backed off when they went elsewhere. Kyron Watson too. And those were guys that officially visited - if you're going to lie to save face why wouldn't you do it for guys you had on campus?

Last edited:

I agree it does kinda suck but I can see where the coach's would back off. Mikales a great player there's no denying that. But we have a greater need at other positions, were pretty stacked in the rb department . Also he's been injured twice (second one he's still recovering from) . Also if where in the mix with a few really really good rb's next year a bloated corps might turn them away. Mikale himself said in an interview one of the big things he was looking at was the amount of rb's at each school and his chances of playing time. I'm sure he is capable of proving himself but if it came between him or an absolute animal next year when we really do need another running back I'll take that kid! Specially if that said person has no history of injury which is were I think the coach's are going with this .

I agree it does kinda suck but I can see where the coach's would back off. Mikales a great player there's no denying that. But we have a greater need at other positions, were pretty stacked in the rb department . Also he's been injured twice (second one he's still recovering from) . Also if where in the mix with a few really really good rb's next year a bloated corps might turn them away. Mikale himself said in an interview one of the big things he was looking at was the amount of rb's at each school and his chances of playing time. I'm sure he is capable of proving himself but if it came between him or an absolute animal next year when we really do need another running back I'll take that kid! Specially if that said person has no history of injury which is were I think the coach's are going with this .
Good comments, makes more sense now. I was thinking about how his potential commit might impact our chances with '15 RB recruits. Good points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom