mlb floating "arizona plan" | Syracusefan.com

mlb floating "arizona plan"

moqui

generational talent
quarantine players & essential staff in arizona in may, begin play soon after using the cactus league facilities

arizona plan

the sooner you get your pieces isolated the better for these teams.

I know they are desperate to restart the revenue streams, but this seems delusional.
I heard people talking on the radio this morning and my 1st thought was why risk it. It would be desperation.

Heard this is pretty real. Through a friend of a friend but sounds like this is what the focus is on

I'm not sure why this is considered such a non starter by some. Yes, its extreme. But if you quarantine everyone, and then check everyone's temp regularly, and keep them isolated throughout the season, it is the only sport through lack of contact and being outdoor that is practical.

The ONE thing I think is excessive- dont try to get 162 games in. Thats excessive. If you tell these guys...we are quarantining for an, i dont know, June through September 80 day regular season with a shortened playoffs to follow...i think that is far more in line with reality than saying from May through October.

I'm not sure why this is considered such a non starter by some. Yes, its extreme. But if you quarantine everyone, and then check everyone's temp regularly, and keep them isolated throughout the season, it is the only sport through lack of contact and being outdoor that is practical.

The ONE thing I think is excessive- dont try to get 162 games in. Thats excessive. If you tell these guys...we are quarantining for an, i dont know, June through September 80 day regular season with a shortened playoffs to follow...i think that is far more in line with reality than saying from May through October.
I agree. From what I have read, the plan is reasonable and I think it will work.

If nothing else, this provides the country with some hope things are going to get better and return to normal someday. It can also serve as a laboratory other sports and activities can copy and learn from.

But most importantly, I think a lot of us desperately need a distraction to keep us occupied and perhaps a little entertained.

There is a limit to how much COVID information someone can take and remain sane.

It is a non-starter because it is unrealistic. Imagine all of the staff involved (e.g., hotel, stadium, team support, broadcast, food service) that would need to be completely cut off from the outside world. Also, people keep boasting about it not being a contact sport, but they ignore that they are all touching the same baseball that was thrown by a pitcher who just put his hand in his mouth.

I am not surprised that these ideas are being explored. Both sides are motivated to start earning money again. I suspect that after they fully assess the feasibility, they will decide that it is not worth it.

It is a non-starter because it is unrealistic. Imagine all of the staff involved (e.g., hotel, stadium, team support, broadcast, food service) that would need to be completely cut off from the outside world. Also, people keep boasting about it not being a contact sport, but they ignore that they are all touching the same baseball that was thrown by a pitcher who just put his hand in his mouth.

I am not surprised that these ideas are being explored. Both sides are motivated to start earning money again. I suspect that after they fully assess the feasibility, they will decide that it is not worth it.

This would all have to be scaled back dramatically. Robotic cameras. Games called from remote locations. MLB rents hotels from chains that are currently at 12% occupancy. No hotel staff there, its used strictly for housing. Food service would be a need. If everyone is quarantined and then isolated, then there is a significantly reduced risk that touching the same ball or equipment transmits anything

I'm not saying it is or is not doable. And honestly...I suspect it won't happen because really all if takes is one party to get cold feet (see UFC) for it to all fall down. But its not, IMO, completely off the table.

you know whats not feasible? taking 3 small wooden ships, putting a few 100 men on each and sailing the Atlantic to the discover new lands.

whats also not feasible is putting a man on the moon with 1960s technology.

this can be done and it will be done.

you start with an a possible unrealistic time-frame of Memorial Day and go from there. you keep pushing back the date till it becomes 'not worth it'.

but you most certainly dont stick your head in the sand or close the blinds and say fluck it.

even if this runs lets say August through early December. have them play mon-fri with weekends off for football.

Owners and players should continue considering possibilities and the public should continue pointing out when those possibilities are unrealistic.
then the public should shut the Fluck up.

the pro leagues are exploring all opportunities, as they should.

1586540957797.png

you know whats not feasible? taking 3 small wooden ships, putting a few 100 men on each and sailing the Atlantic to the discover new lands.

you start with an a possible unrealistic time-frame of Memorial Day and go from there. you keep pushing back the date till it becomes 'not worth it'.

but you most certainly dont stick your head in the sand or close the blinds and say fluck it.

even if this runs lets say August through early December. have them play mon-fri with weekends off for football.
This a classic UEO post and take, and I'm here for it.

so you are saying the ACC plays all its games this winter in the Dome thur-sat and since kids are all scholling remotely they all live in SU dorms is a solid plan?

How many of the Arizona stadiums are covered? I know the Diamondbacks one is, but I'm pretty sure the rest are all open air stadiums. Good luck playing baseball in 120 degree heat. You are going to have players drop out from heat exhaustion or stroke. Bad idea. Very bad.

And good luck getting 20 something year old athletes to stay isolated.

1586545605043.png

How many of the Arizona stadiums are covered? I know the Diamondbacks one is, but I'm pretty sure the rest are all open air stadiums. Good luck playing baseball in 120 degree heat. You are going to have players drop out from heat exhaustion or stroke. Bad idea. Very bad.

And good luck getting 20 something year old athletes to stay isolated.

Bigger rosters, 7 inning games. Still a challenge.

Point taken re the staying isolated thing. would take extraordinary committment

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom