mlb floating "arizona plan" | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

mlb floating "arizona plan"

George couldn’t stop revenue sharing. He hated that more than anything. He wouldn’t get this deal done unless he would have paid his fellow owners more money.

Owners don’t care about the long term health of their sport. They want to minimal losses this season.

As a Yanks fan, it makes me sad because it could have meant a WS for Mattingly. Also, Expos were in first in the NL!

I'll always wonder if the Braves would've rallied and extended their division title streak. (I know, I know technically, this didnt break the streak)

I'll always wonder if the Braves would've rallied and extended their division title streak. (I know, I know technically, this didnt break the streak)
That Expos team was loaded.
Braves would have made the playoffs as at least a wild card.

Expos had Pedro Martinez, Larry Walker, Moises Alou, Cliff Floyd, Marquis Grissom they were the best team IMO in the regular season.

The American League was weaker that year outside of the Yankees and I don’t think that Yankees roster was loaded. NL champion would have been the favorite IMO.

Expos had Pedro Martinez, Larry Walker, Moises Alou, Cliff Floyd, Marquis Grissom they were the best team IMO in the regular season.

The American League was weaker that year outside of the Yankees and I don’t think that Yankees roster was loaded. NL champion would have been the favorite IMO.

You don't think the AL West was strong that year with the Rangers leading the division at 10 games under .500?

This boggles my mind. Of all the major sports that seem amenable to being played in this pandemic, baseball can't pull it together?

This boggles my mind. Of all the major sports that seem amenable to being played in this pandemic, baseball can't pull it together?

And the sport itself seems to be one of the least risky as far as possible spread of the virus. It’s a shame.

Well, it wouldn’t be baseball without a good ol’ fashioned union vs management battle.

I’m guessing for NHL and NBA since they’re moving right to playoffs, it’s a little less complicated. But it does seem as if the league just said this is how we’re going to do it (after many deliberations of course).

Well, it wouldn’t be baseball without a good ol’ fashioned union vs management battle.

I’m guessing for NHL and NBA since they’re moving right to playoffs, it’s a little less complicated. But it does seem as if the league just said this is how we’re going to do it (after many deliberations of course).
This is all about owners greed.
They want players to lessen their losses for one season when a player’s career vs. Owners span owning teams are completely different.

Billionaires want millionaires to lessen their losses. When the billionaires are crying poverty without showing their books to prove it.

I wouldn’t trust these owners. John Henry wanted to fire all his employees in England with Liverpool and put them on the government dime to pay their wages until he was shamed by the media and had to reverse course and not put them on taxpayer funds.

These owners like the Cubs ownership have spent hundreds of millions of dollars turning the areas around their stadium into cash cows for their businesses. It’s very easy for the big market teams to cook their books and claim they are losing money. They don’t want to open their books.

Thus players shouldn’t do anything more than agree to play for their contracts at prorated status.

If players were smart they stay quiet and let the owners try to ram thru a bad idea and just not play.

Also, those sports have a set % of revenue that each side gets, so there's nothing to bargain for there.

Agreed, the Expos were loaded. And maybe I am clouded because just the year before, the Braves chased down the Giants.

Baseball ref isnt loading for me right now, I think the Expos were like 5-6 games up about 50 to go? Would definitely have been a big ask for the Braves. They were a pretty loaded team as well though

I don't see it that expos team was loaded.

If the players unions in the other sports had the leverage the mlb union does ... they’d all have the same issues mlb does

Baseball reference works!

I was right, the Braves were 6 back. So, it would be a big ask.

Im just saying, the Braves were pretty good too. Nice little starting rotation. Braves and Expos were 1-2 in the league in runs allowed.

Owners want a 48 game season.
Lol this sport is in big time trouble.

Just cancel the season. Good job owners.

I'm a little confused. I thought the CBA didn't expire until Dec 1st, 2021.

I'm a little confused. I thought the CBA didn't expire until Dec 1st, 2021.
Yes but if this season is getting cancelled because owners don’t want
to lose Money in a GD pandemic good luck getting a new CBA done After next year and fans even coming back Like they did.
Baseball is already trending old with viewers and this season not happening would hurt it even more.

Shame. As a spectator baseball is the sport, of the ones I care about, that I would feel most comfortable attending if allowed.

The NBA is going to clean up in terms of TV ratings and good will with sports fans.

Shame. As a spectator baseball is the sport, of the ones I care about, that I would feel most comfortable attending if allowed.

The NBA is going to clean up in terms of TV ratings and good will with sports fans.
This will be worse than 94. They better have more than a couple of roided up players hitting 70 home runs to draw fans back because they won't forgive them for this.

This will be worse than 94. They better have more than a couple of roided up players hitting 70 home runs to draw fans back because they won't forgive them for this.
That was when they lost me. Never went back. Don't care.

But it drives some clicks to the site, so I hope they find a resolution.

If the owners give player deferrals to the other 25% of the players 2020 salaries I think this deal gets done.
That should be the obvious compromise from owners.
Pay the players the other 25% 10 years from now in deferrals.

You don't think the AL West was strong that year with the Rangers leading the division at 10 games under .500?
What the hell? That real? Haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom