mlb floating "arizona plan" | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

mlb floating "arizona plan"

Agree. If you are going to experiment this is the season to do it. I guess they don't want to tax pitchers too much, but that's not baseball!

If that’s the reason, I wish they just let teams carry extra pitchers rather than going this gimmicky route.

If that’s the reason, I wish they just let teams carry extra pitchers rather than going this gimmicky route.
A tie is better than this stupid gimmick. It would make strategy different as well.
Play 10 innings if nobody wins then you tie. This season is a joke already putting a runner on second is such an advantage for the home team it’s not baseball.

A tie is better than this stupid gimmick. It would make strategy different as well.
Play 10 innings if nobody wins then you tie. This season is a joke already putting a runner on second is such an advantage for the home team it’s not baseball.

Agree. I'd rather call it a tie after 10 innings and see how that affects strategy. Might as well have some strategy with the universal DH now in play

I also think the Rays at 18-1 and Blue Jays at 75-1 to win it all are pretty good value bets.

I am good with ties too. If the runner on second scores, is the pitcher charged with an earned run ? I would hope that he is an inherited runner. Also, I don’t think a pitcher should take a loss if that run scores (not that anyone should pay attention to wins and losses).

I am good with ties too. If the runner on second scores, is the pitcher charged with an earned run ? I would hope that he is an inherited runner. Also, I don’t think a pitcher should take a loss if that run scores (not that anyone should pay attention to wins and losses).

The runner will have been deemed to have reached second via an error, but no error will be charged to a team or player. If the runner scores, it will not count as an earned run against the pitcher, but the runner would be credited with a run in his stats.

Universal DH for the 2020 season and extra inning games will start with a runner on second base.

This season is not legitimate whoever wins it gets a *.
For sure... but if the Yankees win you're damn right I am taking it. Not like every team is not playing by the same rules. In fact the universal DH makes it literally the exact same!

I like the runner on second rule. It's a very interesting strategy. What determines the runner? Can you pick someone from your bench? Is it the batter who made the last out prior inning? Tons of strategy. You think it would mean many batters would try to just bunt that runner over immediately but today's game is different. I am looking forward to it.

So 10 games against all your division rivals and 4 games against the Interleague division you play in.

It’s stupid to play interleague play when it’s 60 games and 1/3 of the season is against opponents that aren’t in your league.
How is that fair for determining playoff teams.

Just play 15 games against your division. It’s more fair. Than 20 games against the other league.

So 10 games against all your division rivals and 4 games against the Interleague division you play in.

It’s stupid to play interleague play when it’s 60 games and 1/3 of the season is against opponents that aren’t in your league.

Just play 15 games against your division. It’s more fair. Than 20 games against the other league.
Divisional play after a while gets boring they need to switch it up a little.

Divisional play after a while gets boring they need to switch it up a little.
I see both sides. Reality is you are truly fighting to win your division so why not just face all divisional opponents? If they wanted interleague it should have just been a series or two (like Yanks/Mets).

I see both sides. Reality is you are truly fighting to win your division so why not just face all divisional opponents? If they wanted interleague it should have just been a series or two (like Yanks/Mets).
Your playing over half of your games against your divisional rivals isn't that enough?You play every team in your division 19 times in a 162 game schedule. That's too much.

I agree on the interleague, I assume it's just for limiting travel.

Playing your division the whole way is tough too, since the teams competing for the WC would have totlaly different schedules, but I suppose that's inevitable.

I was optimistic for a while, but I am beginning to think the virus will make all this irrelevant anyway

Playing your division the whole way is tough too, since the teams competing for the WC would have totlaly different schedules, but I suppose that's inevitable.

I was optimistic for a while, but I am beginning to think the virus will make all this irrelevant anyway
I get that wild cards would be affected by all divisional play I just think that because divisions are going to be tightly decided I would prefer all games be decided by games within divisions rather one team beating the Orioles 3 times and other team beating the Orioles 4 times.

I was reminded by my brother they have to have interleague play because each league has 15 teams so there has to be atleast 1 interleague series year round.

MLB should have just created 3 divisions of 10 teams by region.
6 games against each of the 9 teams.

This season is going to be flawed anyway.
Eastern division
AL and NL East

Central division
AL and NL Central.

West division
AL and NL West.

Agree. I'd rather call it a tie after 10 innings and see how that affects strategy. Might as well have some strategy with the universal DH now in play
Wouldn't there be a bigger potential for having to extend the season to see who actually makes the playoffs if you have too many ties?

Wouldn't there be a bigger potential for having to extend the season to see who actually makes the playoffs if you have too many ties?
One game playoffs wouldn’t be an issue. I would rather have ties than games be decided because of hokey dokey rules.
Why not give 3 points for a 9 inning win and 2 points for an extra inning win or 1 point for a tie.

Then use points like hockey. This season is a joke anyway.

Let's get weird MLB, I don't even care.

I think it’s a crazy rule...but I don’t really care either. I just want to watch a sport that I care about, again.

And if the Dodgers win it, I’ll be arguing hard that there’s no asterisk.

You don't think they finish the season is what you mean?

Entering the stretch run with everybody in baseball in a tie for first. Every game will matter. Intensity should be high. It’s a shame from an atmosphere standpoint that there’s no crowds, but we’ll take what we can at this point.

You don't think they finish the season is what you mean?
I would agree with him. As I expect the curve to go back up because people have stopped really living inside.
Not to get political but politics has broken people from being smart.

I don’t expect team sports till we get a vaccine and I wouldn’t take the vaccine that is going to come out at first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom