Mobile Tickets | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Mobile Tickets

Lol! Depends what line you’re in. First line was really backed up. Line beside us was going much faster and had nobody there. So we joined the empty line and soon found out why it moved so fast. The person didn’t ask for proof of vax. She was just happy to see our masks on.
Im guessing this will be addressed by game day and the lines will be horribly backed up
Arrested Development Reaction GIF

Thanks, I'm genuinely curious.

(My assumption, FWIW, some combination of 1) saving staff/mailing/paper resources; 2) desire to adhere to perceived best practices in the industry; 3) incentive from ad partners.)

I would agree with that on it's face, seems logical.

I know baseball games are a different animal but app usage helps a lot with upgrades and food and parking and all sorts of stuff.

Thanks, I'm genuinely curious.

(My assumption, FWIW, some combination of 1) saving staff/mailing/paper resources; 2) desire to adhere to perceived best practices in the industry; 3) incentive from ad partners.)

The biggest reason venues opt for mobile ticketing is that it lets them track the chain of custody of a ticket. Ever since the barcode got added to tickets, they could tell whether a certain issued ticket was used, but not who used it. Since mobile ticketing tracks each ticket transfer, the venue can find out each person that held that particular ticket, and who ultimately used it. This lets them focus and/or expand their marketing efforts.

I have a niece that goes to UCF, and I went down for a football game with my sister two years ago. She transferred a ticket to my email address, and I opened it on my phone. That was my first and only interaction with UCF in any capacity. Ever since, I've periodically gotten emails and text messages advertising UCF season tix and merchandise. So, in theory, mobile ticketing would let SU direct market tickets to people who only have ever bought tickets from StubHub, or used their company's seats, or whatever other third party means they might use.

Getting the sense not everyone has bothered to read this. If you have read it and just don't believe it I apologize.

Student tickets have been 100% mobile since 2018. In 2019 23% of all entry for football and mens basketball were mobile tickets.
There have been significantly fewer issues with mobile tickets than with paper tickets where duplicate print at homes were presented, where people forgot their tickets and had to go to the box office, or where print at home was smudged and bar code reader could not validate.
SU decided to go to 100% mobile at least partially based on these facts. Based on push back (largely from fans that had never used mobile) an internal decision was made to accommodate fans who wanted paper tickets, even to the point of mailing the tickets to those fans. They did not want to publicize this as the desire is to go mobile. There was always the option to go to the Box Office on game day if there was an issue with mobile.
Now I'm going to go order flowers for this dead horse some of you are intent on beating and put this thread on ignore.

If you present the phone with the ticket, excelsior past, why the need for a picture ID?

If you present the phone with the ticket, excelsior past, why the need for a picture ID?

Match your ID name to your vaccination.

I plan on going into the Dome like 40-45 mins before kick because if you wait until 15-20 mins prior you'll get stuck.

Lol! Depends what line you’re in. First line was really backed up. Line beside us was going much faster and had nobody there. So we joined the empty line and soon found out why it moved so fast. The person didn’t ask for proof of vax. She was just happy to see our masks on.
Im guessing this will be addressed by game day and the lines will be horribly backed up

The biggest reason venues opt for mobile ticketing is that it lets them track the chain of custody of a ticket. Ever since the barcode got added to tickets, they could tell whether a certain issued ticket was used, but not who used it. Since mobile ticketing tracks each ticket transfer, the venue can find out each person that held that particular ticket, and who ultimately used it. This lets them focus and/or expand their marketing efforts.
They also use it to punish season ticket holders who sell too many games to opposing fans.

Match your ID name to your vaccination.

I plan on going into the Dome like 40-45 mins before kick because if you wait until 15-20 mins prior you'll get stuck.
So I have a ticket, a pass on the phone, and the worry is I’m faking what? That’s the point why take the time to authenticate what New York State has already done.

So I have a ticket, a pass on the phone, and the worry is I’m faking what? That’s the point why take the time to authenticate what New York State has already done.
You can pull up more than one vaccine record on a phone. At Dead concerts last week many people had their whole family on the same Excelsior app. They just need to make sure the names match.

Finally got an official response from the Dome Box Office

"Hi Seth – thank you for reaching out.

Yes, we have moved to all mobile ticketing and because of that there are no mailed packages this year. Mobile ticketing benefits include contactless entry; enhanced convenience and efficiency with quicker movement through venue entry points; improved security against counterfeit or stolen tickets; and the ability to transfer tickets electronically to family and friends and in the ever-changing situation with Covid-19, it provides a Quick and easy contactless entry into the venue.

The university is in the process of offering a memorable package for fans that would want to save that memory from the game. However, that is still in the works but please keep an eye out for emails in regard to memory ticket packages. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out or call 1.888.DOMETIX to speak to a representative."

The NCSt AD was on this morning. They play tonight and he said that they have gone to digital tickets. He said that some people aren’t happy with it and were complaining. His response to that was “bring it on”.

The NCSt AD was on this morning. They play tonight and he said that they have gone to digital tickets. He said that some people aren’t happy with it and were complaining. His response to that was “bring it on”.

There's your customer-friendly attitude!

I've got no problem with the mobile tickets, but was wondering if there's a company or service that will make a commemorative ticket for a game of your choosing. I've got a stack of paper ticket stubs from 1995-2015 that I'll thumb through once and awhile for nostalgia.

I've got no problem with the mobile tickets, but was wondering if there's a company or service that will make a commemorative ticket for a game of your choosing. I've got a stack of paper ticket stubs from 1995-2015 that I'll thumb through once and awhile for nostalgia.

SU Athletics referenced an opportunity for a commemorative ticket type thing. I would imagine after the season they'll have more info. I prefer paper tickets only because I like to collect them.

I got my Wake Forest game tickets from Ticketmaster (Stubhub at purchase) and they let me add them to apple wallet. I assume you can always just screenshot them though, it’s the same thing.

It is unfortunate for those who like to collect their paper tickets, for that I do sympathize. But because Cuse tickets are so darn affordable, I’m not going to complain.

Last edited:
<from this Old Man On The Porch> Well, I've downloaded my tickets and got the cashless wallet thing. I just hope my phone doesn't crash this weekend. :oops:
You have to be around Steve and my age I"m 75, and Steve is probably a few years younger, so all the old guys are set.
I have an android, and just followed instructions from all the helpful people on here. And to all out there, thank you.

So I just tried to transfer a ticket to my son. Went fine on my part. But he can’t add it to his Apple wallet for some reason. So I have a notification on the app that there is a transfer pending and waiting on my son to claim it. But he can’t claim it because he can’t add it to his wallet! And this kid is as techy as they get. So there is one of my tickets out there floating around somewhere.

Awesome!

So I just tried to transfer a ticket to my son. Went fine on my part. But he can’t add it to his Apple wallet for some reason. So I have a notification on the app that there is a transfer pending and waiting on my son to claim it. But he can’t claim it because he can’t add it to his wallet! And this kid is as techy as they get. So there is one of my tickets out there floating around somewhere.

Awesome!
Has to accept ticket and set up his own account first. Once he does that you will get a message that the transfer is complete. He can then add to his wallet - an optional step but recommended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom