Mobile Tickets | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mobile Tickets

Yep, no doubt this is the case. For the 20% of people who've used mobile tickets in the past and for probably a lot of other people, this is an enhancement or at least a wash.

But some minority of people will fall through the cracks because of this, and for what? The hybrid model seemed to work well enough for 100% of the fanbase.

For a place that pushes out a lot of blah blah inclusivity virtue signaling, this policy is anything but.
rule out Citi Field too.

this is the new norm people...

This has probably been answered ten times but… no problem using mobile tickets, but we have a ticket wall in the basement from every event we’ve/I’ve ever been to… will we still get our booklets?

I’m assuming no.

the issue isnt going mobile.. the issue is implementing a bad mobile solution with no other easy option for people.

mobile solves some problems but creates other and its more expensive. as people have said its been around for a long time, case in point getting on planes.. But they still dont use it as the 100% solution..

if you go mobile and start seeing 90% usage, great. but given 20% usage and probably mostly people of a certain demographic, why force it until you need to. it was available 2 yrs ago at SU and it sounds like most people here didnt jump right out and use it?

This has probably been answered ten times but… no problem using mobile tickets, but we have a ticket wall in the basement from every event we’ve/I’ve ever been to… will we still get our booklets?

I’m assuming no.
tickets no, not sure on the booklet thing that came with tickets last year

if you go mobile and start seeing 90% usage, great. but given 20% usage and probably mostly people of a certain demographic, why force it until you need to. it was available 2 yrs ago at SU and it sounds like most people here didnt jump right out and use it?
They were still sending a ticket book so STH's used that. I used all mobile and kept my book intact when I was a STH. Also, where are you getting that number?

as long as you enter at the same time
Seems like maybe that shouldn't need to be said. It's no different than having your buddy's ticket in your back pocket when you enter. If he's not there with you, it's not really helpful for him.

They were still sending a ticket book so STH's used that. I used all mobile and kept my book intact when I was a STH. Also, where are you getting that number?
i remember the university posting something like 20% of ticket entry for football in 2019 was mobile but that was also something that wasnt publicized or announced as it was a way to get extra reward points for stuff besides the trivia so ony the diehards heard about it

actually i called them because i spent weeks and weeks trying to get logged into ticket master and spent several hours with multiple people at SU trying to resolve it and thats one of the discussions I had with them. you spend enough hours on the phone with people and you get to talking about stuff and info comes out. tickets/parking/concessions/quad issues lots of stuff you can find out if you call. .

Just a point worth noting I have been to golf tournaments, car races, baseball games and concerts this summer making up from missed out events last year, and I always used a screen shot to get in and I see where SU on their own website said they will allow for that this year. As long as you can get a signal to text we all will be fine.

My parents have tickets and they told me you can take a picture of the ticket and get that scanned. Is that true? That would probably be helpful for some people here.

Here is a question, I know I remember last I read (and it was a while ago) the Dome was promoting "Cashless purchases" at the concession stands and such. They are hoping people pay without cash and use Apple pay, Google pay, debit/credit cards. Did they go totally cashless for this season? Or are they phasing that in over time?

I know at least one other stadium now (I believe Hard Rock in Miami) won't let you pay with cash and a few others are transitioning to cashless payments inside the venue for all purchases. Did SU go totally cashless this year? Or will they accept cash in the store for appeal and to purchase food in 2021?

Here is a question, I know I remember last I read (and it was a while ago) the Dome was promoting "Cashless purchases" at the concession stands and such. They are hoping people pay without cash and use Apple pay, Google pay, debit/credit cards. Did they go totally cashless for this season? Or are they phasing that in over time?

I know at least one other stadium now (I believe Hard Rock in Miami) won't let you pay with cash and a few others are transitioning to cashless payments inside the venue for all purchases. Did SU go totally cashless this year? Or will they accept cash in the store for appeal and to purchase food in 2021?
I don’t think there’s any stadium or arena left in the US that takes cash.

I beleive that is the plan to go cashless this year.

I think SU should have vending machines in the aisle way for dispensing "Boomer Coins" to use too. Locate the machines at the skinniest corners in the Dome so 300 Luddites can line up to buy their coins.

Dome Foam 5 Coins, Soda 2 Coins, Nachos 5 Coins. What could go wrong...well until OburgOrange brings his Canadian Quarters and Loonies and jams up the coin dispenser.

s-l300.jpg

My parents have tickets and they told me you can take a picture of the ticket and get that scanned. Is that true? That would probably be helpful for some people here.

I think if they screenshot the ticket on their phone, it should still work as long as the code is easy to scan.

I think SU should have vending machines in the aisle way for dispensing "Boomer Coins" to use too. Locate the machines at the skinniest corners in the Dome so 300 Luddites can line up to buy their coins.

Dome Foam 5 Coins, Soda 2 Coins, Nachos 5 Coins. What could go wrong...well until OburgOrange brings his Canadian Quarters and Loonies and jams up the coin dispenser.

s-l300.jpg
He told me there are literally hundreds of Loonies at the Fine Mess Tailgate but unfortunately not legal tender in Canada or anywhere else.;)

I think if they screenshot the ticket on their phone, it should still work as long as the code is easy to scan.

I think that is a good option for some people less comfortable with mobile ticket tech.

s-l300.jpg
that is what i was told that the plan was to be cashless but witgh everything covid they havent did a release yet , maybe something with the parking passes will have it?

i wonder also how those shuttle busses will work this year from Manley to the Dome. They used to pack those bad boys and cram a ton of people on top of each other on each bus. With COVID I can't see them continue to do that. Thinking there has to be some social distancing on the shuttle busses or no shuttle busses or I'm not sure how they will do that?

i wonder also how those shuttle busses will work this year from Manley to the Dome. They used to pack those bad boys and cram a ton of people on top of each other on each bus. With COVID I can't see them continue to do that. Thinking there has to be some social distancing on the shuttle busses or no shuttle busses or I'm not sure how they will do that?

Plan on masks being required on the busses.

sounds like a nice reason to take the short walk from Manley. one reason I moved to the closer lots was just to eliminate the bus completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom