More brutal officiating in the Heat/Celtics series | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

More brutal officiating in the Heat/Celtics series

Ha, I had forgotten about this.

After Game 1, what did Rondo say? Celtics needed to make the Miami guys hit the deck, not let them get to the bucket so easily. So they do that, now they complain about all the foul shots Miami took.

Old guys chasing the two best slashers in the game = lots of fouls

How the hell can Paul Pierce expect to stay in front of Lebron James? I imagine if he covers him the entire game, he will foul out again.

I've always found it interesting that people have this notion that the foul discrepency for a given game HAS to be equal.

Especially since this is an SU message board, and we almost never commit as many fouls as our opponents.

There was a jump ball late in regulation (or OT) in which Lebron was fouled about 5 times. Where's the outrage for that?

It's where the same people are who weren't posting when KD disappeared in the 4th quarter.

44cuse

I've always found it interesting that people have this notion that the foul discrepency for a given game HAS to be equal.

Both teams always take the same types of shots. Didn't you know that?

44cuse

If the NBA was fixed, why did Dallas win last year...why are two of the smallest market teams winning out west? Wouldn't the Knicks be better, if the NBA was fixed? Biggest market draws TV viewers.

1. I don't think the NBA is fixed.

2. Dallas is a top 5 media market (or close). Plus, if the second team in is LeBron James and the Olympians, well, it doesn't matter so much who else is in the game. Not sure what your point is tbh about Dallas winning last year. Plus, you get the bonus of keeping the LeBron storyline alive (no titles!!!! Oh no!!!!).

3. If it was fixed they could only do so much fixing before it became obvious. I'm sure if they started calling the other team for fouls during halftime people would notice something was up.

4. Nobody could help the Knicks - Isaiah was a human wrecking ball. Plus, with the Celtics/Heat as monsters who cares - the Knicks will get ratings regardless.

5. San Antonio is probably annoying, but they're too well run and Duncan is too good. Unstoppable force. OKC has 2 young stars, there are worse things than having them get exposure.

How can any "discrepency" be equal? Do you mean that people are saying that fouls and/or FT attempts have to be equal?

If so, who is saying that?

Personally, I find it odd that James has been whistled for more than 4 fouls only once this post-season, and Wade twice. In fact, only 8 fouls were called on James during the entire Pacers series (in 6 of the Heat's 13 playoff games, James has ended the game with either 0 or 1 fouls). Is it that only the Heat attack the rim, and every other team settles for jumpers? If so, do James and Wade rarely, if ever, commit offensive fouls on their drives?

I cant stand Miami so I understand all the "haters" but what I dont get is the Miami "nuthuggers". For people who dont even root for Miami, some people are REALLY passionate about defending them.

Maybe us haters are annoying about about a non-call on Rondo where Wade clobbered him upside the head and foul differential but the nuthuggers are just as annoying when they act like clutch shooting isnt important and try to tell us Lebron got fouled 5 times on a jump ball. Clearly Rondo getting hit in the face on a layup is more blatant than what would be a ticky tack foul on a jump ball call.

I cant stand Miami so I understand all the "haters" but what I dont get is the Miami "nuthuggers". For people who dont even root for Miami, some people are REALLY passionate about defending them.

Maybe us haters are annoying about about a non-call on Rondo where Wade clobbered him upside the head and foul differential but the nuthuggers are just as annoying when they act like clutch shooting isnt important and try to tell us Lebron got fouled 5 times on a jump ball. Clearly Rondo getting hit in the face on a layup is more blatant than what would be a ticky tack foul on a jump ball call.

Your continually calling people "nuthuggers" who aren't in any way disparaging you (and sometimes complimenting you) is starting to get a little old.

What most everyone here is doing is pointing out when people are wrong. I have not seen a single person here who gives a SH%$ if the Heat win the championship.

44cuse

Your continually calling people "nuthuggers" who aren't in any way disparaging you (and sometimes complimenting you) is starting to get a little old.

What most everyone here is doing is pointing out when people are wrong. I have not seen a single person here who gives a SH%$ if the Heat win the championship.

44cuse
Its not meant to be that serious man. Sorry if it offended you, its a joke. I guess the way me and my friends rip each other when we debate doesnt translate as well to a messageboard via text lol.

One thing I do hate is Wade's flapping his arms anytime he drives down the lanes

How can any "discrepency" be equal? Do you mean that people are saying that fouls and/or FT attempts have to be equal?

If so, who is saying that?

Personally, I find it odd that James has been whistled for more than 4 fouls only once this post-season, and Wade twice. In fact, only 8 fouls were called on James during the entire Pacers series (in 6 of the Heat's 13 playoff games, James has ended the game with either 0 or 1 fouls). Is it that only the Heat attack the rim, and every other team settles for jumpers? If so, do James and Wade rarely, if ever, commit offensive fouls on their drives?

Umm, you did when you were whining about Lebrons FT numbers vs the entire Celtics team.

I understand that you have to cling to the Lebron v Carmelo narrative as tight as you can but at least show some intellectual honesty.

Van gundy had a funny line when Lebron got whistled for a foul; Breen mentioned the stat about how infrequently he got called for foul and Van Gundy mentioned that 29 other teams thought he was getting whistled enough or something. It wasn't hilarious or anything, but it doesn't seem like the type of comment you'd hear on an NBA telecast.

Star perimeter plays don't usually get in foul trouble. Whether that is right or wrong is a different story, but that is definitely not something unique to the Miami guys.

Refs definitely missed the call on Rondo. It happens. If the refs call the away from the ball foul in game 6 of the Atlanta series correctly maybe Boston isn't even in this series.

Umm, you did when you were whining about Lebrons FT numbers vs the entire Celtics team.

I understand that you have to cling to the Lebron v Carmelo narrative as tight as you can but at least show some intellectual honesty.

Wow...that went right over your head.

Sorry if the numbers offend your delicate sensibilities.

I never said anything about FTs/fouls having to be equal, or about Melo vs. Lebron. You should make more up, though.

One thing I do hate is Wade's flapping his arms anytime he drives down the lanes

He is a massive flop artist, but without him, the Heat don't beat the Pacers in 6 and aren't up 2-0 vs the Celts.

Are we allowed to criticize Wade on this form, or is only Lebron exempt from criticism?

I really don't know how that was missed. Makes you wonder...

Meanwhile, James with 24 FTs, and the entire Celtics team had 29. Wade chipped in with 11 FTs.

Oh yeah I was way off.

Then explain to me how yu meant something totally different from what you typed.

Take a breath before you do...you seem to be taking differing opinions personally.

Are we allowed to criticize Wade on this form, or is only Lebron exempt from criticism?

Where were you when Durant disappeared in the 4th quarter?

You see that's the issue: your issue is to grind against LeBron without paying that same criticism at the feet of other players who have the same performances.

It's called an agenda.

44cuse

The NBA owned New Orleans franchise wins the lottery with a 13.7% chance.

Right. Because Anthony Davis in New Orleans makes more money for the NBA than Anthony Davis in Brooklyn.

Some of the stuff on this board is amazing.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom