More brutal officiating in the Heat/Celtics series | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

More brutal officiating in the Heat/Celtics series

no posts about how this game is rigged for Boston?

Then explain to me how yu meant something totally different from what you typed.

Take a breath before you do...you seem to be taking differing opinions personally.

Actually, people seem to take it personally when someone has the gall to criticize (even indirectly) James. I don't really put much stock in other people's opinions - if someone wants to say that James is better than Jordan, Magic, Bird and Robertson combined, then good for them.

I'm not going to dissect every comment you've made in this thread, but it's pretty clear that you're putting your own spin on my comments.

As far as the game tonight - even you have to admit that Miami's theatrics were a bit pathetic.

Where were you when Durant disappeared in the 4th quarter?

You see that's the issue: your issue is to grind against LeBron without paying that same criticism at the feet of other players who have the same performances.

It's called an agenda.

44cuse

Isn't Lebron ("King", "The Chosen One") James supposed to be the best player in the game? A generational talent? Why should Durant, a guy who's criticized as being one-dimensional, be held to the same standards as someone who's supposed to be one of the all-time greats?

Do people who constantly defend James, regardless of whether he deserves to be defended, while criticzing Wade, have an agenda too?

And why do you have your user name at the end of your posts?

Isn't Lebron ("King", "The Chosen One") James supposed to be the best player in the game? A generational talent? Why should Durant, a guy who's criticized as being one-dimensional, be held to the same standards as someone who's supposed to be one of the all-time greats?

Do people who constantly defend James, regardless of whether he deserves to be defended, while criticzing Wade, have an agenda too?

And why do you have your user name at the end of your posts?

I don't know why I have my user name at the end of my posts. That's a good question.

Your other questions...make no sense. But your first point, exceptionally well taken. Something I have not thought about in 10+ years of posting on these boards. Maybe the best point anyone has ever made to me here. Kudos.

The rest...not worth it.

44cuse

no posts about how this game is rigged for Boston?

Funny. Air France grabbed a Heat player around the waste and pulled him backwards. But no one is talking about the fact that that call was not made.

44cuse

Where were you when Durant disappeared in the 4th quarter?

You see that's the issue: your issue is to grind against LeBron without paying that same criticism at the feet of other players who have the same performances.

It's called an agenda.

44cuse
Durant has proved he can hit clutch shots. I think he hit 2 game winners in the series prior. When is the last time LBJ hit a big shot/game tying/game winner? Thats why people give Durant a pass if he disappears, with Lebron its a "here we go again" commentary.

Durant has proved he can hit clutch shots. I think he hit 2 game winners in the series prior. When is the last time LBJ hit a big shot/game tying/game winner? Thats why people give Durant a pass if he disappears, with Lebron its a "here we go again" commentary.

Durant has had more recent game-winners because his team has played more close games. LeBron has been playing at such a high-level that his team hasn't needed any late game heroics because they've routinely been winning by 10 or 15.

I'm going to do something that samspann is biologically incapable of and give credit to the the Celtics. They're unselfishness and team defense were really fun to watch last night.

I don't whine about officiating either, even when Syracuse appears to be on the bad end of it. it's a compout.

This is a part of the problem: people just make statements without looking up or knowing the actual stats.

They both shoot the exact same percentage on game tying/game winning shots in the playoffs on their careers: 40%.

In terms of regular season and playoffs in the clutch (under :24 shooting to tie or take the lead):

LeBron: 60 Games, .355
Durant: 57 Games, .281

So LeBron has proven he hits a better % of clutch shots.

44cuse

Lebron is averaging 30, 9, and 6 on 50 percent shooting in this years playoffs.

His PER is 32 in this postseason.

Lebron is averaging 30, 9, and 6 on 50 percent shooting in this years playoffs.

His PER is 32 in this postseason.

Yep, exactly. It's this SportsCenter mentality of only seeing highlights and not really watching games that drives these weird (or just wrong) statements. LeBron and Durant are both incredible players (top 2 IMO, but I know that's debated as some could/would say Dwight) but to just...whatever. You get the point.

44cuse

miami is one more legit post threat(through the draft ) from being a team that can go on a tear. james and wade are getting to the point where they are impossible to guard.. i will admit i am not a fan of the put 3 stars on a team and push play mindset- it detracts from the team concept of the game.. i am also not a fan of the theatrics of james and wade and they do get a few calls a game using this.. but they have been attacking non stop all season and really should be getting more free throws as they are gettin fouled.. it pains me to say it but it is what it is. when boston plays tough defense and teams contain bron and wade they then have to shoot a lot of improbable shots that they often make...but solid clean defense slows down miami- like it should any team.

if miami had a true brainchild of a coach leading them they wouldnt have been the 2 seed..

Man, Sam Spann hates Lebron so much, he watches his every move :)

I bet he even waits in line to buy his new kicks when they come out..

Carmelo interview gets posted...ZERO replies. Lebron topic...900 replies. Classic

its a funny series to watch.. flopping and grabbing galore..

I'm going to do something that samspann is biologically incapable of and give credit to the the Celtics. They're unselfishness and team defense were really fun to watch last night.

I don't whine about officiating either, even when Syracuse appears to be on the bad end of it. it's a compout.

Haha, yeah I'm the one that's taking this personally.

I assume that you think that those who are unhappy with tonight's officiating are using the officiating as a "comp out"?

Ah, the poor, persecuted Miami Heat. I think that they're legitimately shocked that some 50/50 calls don't go their way. They never seem to think that they've committed a foul - arms outstretched, palms upwards, looking incredulously at the refs.

Props to Rondo for calling them out.

Joel Anthony (my apologies to the countless Joel Anthony fans on this board) pushes Garnett in the back as a shot caroms off the rim, and he appears shocked that he's been called for a foul. Good stuff, Joel.

I agree with Van Gundy that players should get 7 fouls, at least until referees are capable of not making stupid calls every game. Pierce got shafted on his 6th foul when Battier threw himself like a rag doll onto the ground and LBJ got screwed when they called a double foul (What) and on the Pietrus play that fouled him out (I know they have to call something but I wish in that sitch it could have been a play-on turnover since both players just got tangled). The series is tough because Miami is like Duke x10000 and Boston has those veteran tricks.

Haha, yeah I'm the one that's taking this personally.

I assume that you think that those who are unhappy with tonight's officiating are using the officiating as a "comp out"?

No, I just don't have an agenda that I make painfully obvious...and I'm capable of objectivity.

I also don't have to resort to "poor grammar/spelling" smack.

Ah, the poor, persecuted Miami Heat. I think that they're legitimately shocked that some 50/50 calls don't go their way. They never seem to think that they've committed a foul - arms outstretched, palms upwards, looking incredulously at the refs.

Props to Rondo for calling them out.

Joel Anthony (my apologies to the countless Joel Anthony fans on this board) pushes Garnett in the back as a shot caroms off the rim, and he appears shocked that he's been called for a foul. Good stuff, Joel.
Lol, then when Rondo was asked to clarify his statements he just reiterated them. I'd say both teams are getting killed by strange officiating but Miami seriously never thinks they committed a foul, especially Wade who has an instant "wahhhhh/arms raised/but but refffffff crying face" everytime he misses a shot.

No, I just don't have an agenda that I make painfully obvious...and I'm capable of objectivity.

I also don't have to resort to "poor grammar/spelling" smack.

Just curious - are you a James/Heat fan?

No "smack" here...I'm just wondering if you're as critical of those who are unhappy with the officiating in last night's game as you were of those who thought the officiating was bad in Games 1 & 2.

Lol, then when Rondo was asked to clarify his statements he just reiterated them. I'd say both teams are getting killed by strange officiating but Miami seriously never thinks they committed a foul, especially Wade who has an instant "wahhhhh/arms raised/but but refffffff crying face" everytime he misses a shot.

Do you remember Chris Childs? I remember as I was growing up he was one of the first guys who complained about every call. So annoying. There were definitely lots of "interesting" calls last night. How about the one where Wade ran into Pierce, took the ball out of his hands, and there was no call?

You mean a 7th foul if you get into OT, or just in general? The extra foul in OT would be pretty crazy. I'm not saying I'm against it. IF that happens then Miami probably goes for a 2 last night at the end, if they can get Lebron back in there with another OT.

I'm rooting for Miami in this series, no question. But I'll say what i said after the first 2 games; reffing NBA games is really tough. They definitely missed some calls, going in both ways. It happens. (Lots of props to KG; I don't like him but he is an awesome player and still going strong in his mid 30's).

lol...double foul...

Man, the refs are having a hard time figuring out what to call in these physical games.. its been bad both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom