More brutal officiating in the Heat/Celtics series | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

More brutal officiating in the Heat/Celtics series

Do you remember Chris Childs? I remember as I was growing up he was one of the first guys who complained about every call. So annoying. There were definitely lots of "interesting" calls last night. How about the one where Wade ran into Pierce, took the ball out of his hands, and there was no call?

You mean a 7th foul if you get into OT, or just in general? The extra foul in OT would be pretty crazy. I'm not saying I'm against it. IF that happens then Miami probably goes for a 2 last night at the end, if they can get Lebron back in there with another OT.

I'm rooting for Miami in this series, no question. But I'll say what i said after the first 2 games; reffing NBA games is really tough. They definitely missed some calls, going in both ways. It happens. (Lots of props to KG; I don't like him but he is an awesome player and still going strong in his mid 30's).
I just say 7 in general. Would adding another official make a difference? I dont know how to remedy it. Every game has officiating as a part of the story, especially when Miami/Boston are involved. Both teams flop, cry, exaggerate every time down the floor. Miami moreso, which is why I loathe them. Battier makes great plays and I would probably love him if he was on my team but all he does is run around looking to take a charge or flop. Hes Lebron and Wade's Yoda.

I just say 7 in general. Would adding another official make a difference? I dont know how to remedy it. Every game has officiating as a part of the story, especially when Miami/Boston are involved. Both teams flop, cry, exaggerate every time down the floor. Miami moreso, which is why I loathe them. Battier makes great plays and I would probably love him if he was on my team but all he does is run around looking to take a charge or flop. Hes Lebron and Wade's Yoda.

Adding another ref might help. but at the same time, it's just a tough game to officiate. It's tough without guys flopping, trying to buy calls, etc. You can't call a foul every time there is contact, you need to, to steal a quote from Van Gundy (who btw is really awesome) "manage the contact".

There is a part of me that really doesn't like the fact that some guy makes a move to get to the hoop and you just give your body up and you get a charge.

Gmac used to do this all the time.

When it's the team you root for, I don't think it's as noticeable. It's not like NO ONE who wears green is guilty of the same thing (oh hi Kevin Garnett).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom