Morgan is raising the floor of our QB play | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Morgan is raising the floor of our QB play

yes but so is the talent around each QB. That’a even more apples and oranges
I agree with both of what was said. Also, my memory isn't what it once was, but I recall McNabb's first game starting was against a very good NC team on the road. We won. He also had a pretty good WR to throw to, who McNabb beat out for QB, from NJ. Both of them played in the NFL. I know I feel 100% better today than I did last week!

That's because we don't have any players much beyond the first 30-35 that he trusts to play. He's kind of like Boeheim; he doesn't play people to develop them, you don't create O line depth by only playing 7 guys and cross-training them for other positions. In fact, teaching guys multiple positions on the O line probably hinders their development.
I think that is only part of it.

Very encouraged, especially by three plays.

The throw to Nykeim rolling right that got called back unfortunately.

The throw rolling to the left where he hit Queeley for about twenty yards.

Finally, scooping up the bad snap and patiently finding Hackett for the touchdown.

Terrific pocket presence other than two or three typical freshman plays. Lots of tools to work with. Excited for the rest of the year.

yes but so is the talent around each QB. That’a even more apples and oranges

That has nothing to do with my point. You knew from day 1 McNabb was going to be a superstar. Put him on the field today and he still would have been a superstar. Again, nothing against Morgan, it's just easy to tell when you have a game changer at the position.

seriously, w t f is your problem?

Seriously, his dad didn't say he was 100% coming back, he said the line play sucks and has to get fixed, and he said he's not crazy about the offense and all it's "Mickey Mouse" throws, I think he called them. Something like that.

So W T F is your problem? He might leave, seriously. Then what?

Very encouraged, especially by three plays.

The throw to Nykeim rolling right that got called back unfortunately.

The throw rolling to the left where he hit Queeley for about twenty yards.

Finally, scooping up the bad snap and patiently finding Hackett for the touchdown.

Terrific pocket presence other than two or three typical freshman plays. Lots of tools to work with. Excited for the rest of the year.
Can’t forget about the ball to Taj that was a cm away from a TD

That has nothing to do with my point. You knew from day 1 McNabb was going to be a superstar. Put him on the field today and he still would have been a superstar. Again, nothing against Morgan, it's just easy to tell when you have a game changer at the position.
McNabb never played as a true frosh, so hard to know what he would have looked like in the same position, however I get what you mean and agree the true stars are quite apparent early on. Those types are rare players.

Best thing about Morgan is that there is zero panic in the kid, you can't teach that. He's not a dual threat qb, but I was concerned when I didn't see a single scramble play in 10 minutes of Hudl highlights. Think that's why he didn't get a lot of offers; slow foot speed, pocket passer with quirky throwing motion.

Are people really not impressed with Morgan? Seriously? That’s absolutely SILLY. This reminded me of Dungey against Rhode Island. The difference? BC is WAY better than Rhode Island. I’m not saying that Morgan is our savior, but this outing deserves quite a bit of respect.

Best thing about Morgan is that there is zero panic in the kid, you can't teach that. He's not a dual threat qb, but I was concerned when I didn't see a single scramble play in 10 minutes of Hudl highlights. Think that's why he didn't get a lot of offers; slow foot speed, pocket passer with quirky throwing motion.

He is far from a dual threat but he can make plays with his feet. Moving around the pocket and even the TD (shoulda been) run. He is a true frosh so he could add size and a be a Robin Anderson like runner. But he isn't going to be more than a keep you honest runner.

Eric didn't run like Ben Roethlisberger.

is this an insult? As a Bengals fan, Roethlisberger is as tough as coffin nails.

There was someone posting that he was beating out td next year.
Honestly? He might. Morgan made some throws and had some plays that I haven’t seen TD make since the FSU game.

You guys keep bringing up a transfer Qb
Any Qb worth a salt isn’t coming I said it multiple times there no sales pitch
Yeah a scrub who wants a chance to play
That’s it
I'm just talking about if your son leaves.

Honestly? He might. Morgan made some throws and had some plays that I haven’t seen TD make since the FSU game.

How dare Morgan look good without a strong run game, an impenetrable OL, WRs who go up and catch every ball, and awesome play calling. If only he had those things he could be decent.

How dare Morgan look good without a strong run game, an impenetrable OL, WRs who go up and catch every ball, and awesome play calling. If only he had those things he could be decent.

I hope we’re on the same page . . . Otherwise, you’re threatening me with a good time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom