Movies you are embarrassed to say you liked | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Movies you are embarrassed to say you liked

I like 'Love, Actually'. Good cast, and enough humorous moments to offset the mush. Alan Rickman is someone I would watch read the phone book. He had me at Die Hard, and sealed the deal in Dogma.

I like 'Love, Actually'. Good cast, and enough humorous moments to offset the mush. Alan Rickman is someone I would watch read the phone book. He had me at Die Hard, and sealed the deal in Dogma.

I agree. I believe it was Jekelish who said we didnt have to be embarrassed about Love, Actually anymore.

Simon Birch. Havent seen it in years, but I used to love it.

The Paranormal Activity movies - I know a lot of people that hate these movies
The two Scooby Doo movies - I'll watch Scooby Doo whenever it is on. All time favorite cartoon. Also know a lot of people that say it's horrible.
National Treasure movies - Love the premise of them, and the history.
Alien v Predator movies. First one was the better one, but the second had more action.
I am pretty sure I will catch some hell for this one but Freddy v Jason - loved the two horror icons together in the same movie. Acting wasn't all that perfect, and dialogue was a little off, but the action was there.

Go ahead and give it to me...

The Paranormal Activity movies - I know a lot of people that hate these movies
The two Scooby Doo movies - I'll watch Scooby Doo whenever it is on. All time favorite cartoon. Also know a lot of people that say it's horrible.
National Treasure movies - Love the premise of them, and the history.
Alien v Predator movies. First one was the better one, but the second had more action.
I am pretty sure I will catch some hell for this one but Freddy v Jason - loved the two horror icons together in the same movie. Acting wasn't all that perfect, and dialogue was a little off, but the action was there.

Go ahead and give it to me...

I'm embarassed I own AVP. My old PS2 chewed up the DVD though so I don't have to worry about accidentally watching it again in entirety some day.

I haven't seen the others (maybe freddy vs jason way back when) but I imagine AVP os the worst of that group.

I'm embarassed I own AVP. My old PS2 chewed up the DVD though so I don't have to worry about accidentally watching it again in entirety some day.

I haven't seen the others (maybe freddy vs jason way back when) but I imagine AVP os the worst of that group.
I do own the second one...:( ...thought for sure I had the first. Might have grown legs and walked away, not sure.

I can stomach chick flicks if they are fairly well done, e.g., Notting Hill, Pretty Woman, While you were Sleeping, Mystic Pizza, Steal Magnolias, Terms of Endearment.

Ok now that we are all completely enbarrassing ourselves here is a movie that I actually bawled my eyes out watching.

My life with Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman. Very depressing. I was home one day during the week back in the mid 90's and caught it on HBO. Literally was bawling. My wife came hone and asked me why I was crying. I had no answers.

I don't know why, but the "I had no answers" line has me literally lol'ing. Well done.

Mean Girls is my favorite movie all time. Embarrassing.

I like it too - although I'll watch anything with Lacey Chabet, and I never even watched Party of Five. I find her oddly attractive - or at least more attractive than 99% of the population probably find her.

th_Chabert__Mean_Girls_007.gif

Reactions: MCC
Volcano w/ Tommy Lee Jones. I can watch that over and over again.

The Replacement w/ Keanu Reeves.

I can stomach chick flicks if they are fairly well done, e.g., Notting Hill, Pretty Woman, While you were Sleeping, Mystic Pizza, Steal Magnolias, Terms of Endearment.
Return to Me

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mars attacks - Loved the way martians were defeated
someone to watch over me - real chick movie
lionheart - with jean claude loved the action
predator 2
under siege - love when girl popped out of the cake - sucker for fake boobs
independence day - took my 82 year old mother to see it with me because my wife refused. Have probably seen it at least six times more on tv.

I like it too - although I'll watch anything with Lacey Chabet, and I never even watched Party of Five. I find her oddly attractive - or at least more attractive than 99% of the population probably find her.

She's hot, at least in the gif you posted. What am I missing here, and if it's representative of her full body of work then I conclude 99% of the population needs to head over to LensCrafters.

She's hot, at least in the gif you posted. What am I missing here, and if it's representative of her full body of work then I conclude 99% of the population needs to head over to LensCrafters.

lol...I think ppl probably like her in a "oh, I remember her from Party of 5 or Mean Girls" kind of way. I'm just not sure ppl consider her being in a film enough to make viewing that movie a "must see event."

I'll default to chick flicks because I'm not really embarrassed about any b rate movies I enjoy and go with:

"PS I Love You" - Was a pretty good movie that I watched with my wife (while she was pregnant) and she will not watch again because it was "so sad". The brave King Leonidas apperently has a softer side.

"Defenitely, Maybe" and "The Proposal" are 2 other movies in this genre that I found enjoyable.

In for this... I'm a CPA and in busy season (working 16 hr days/nights - 6 days a week), my ritual was to come home from work, grab a beer, put Definitely Maybe in the blu-ray player and turn the computer back on...

Funny(embarrassing story) - Moved in August 2011. In January 2012, started busy season and noticed that we had tossed the DVD player which had the disc in it.. I lost my to the point my girlfriend hysterically laughed at me.. I'm not talking for one day here.. I ordered the blu-ray online, so I had to wait 3 days... :bat:

Almost without exception (Rocky V, Stop or My Mom Will Shoot), any movie that Stallone does. Including "Over The Top", which I have seen far too many times.

Any "high school tyring to get laid" movie, i.e. Can't Hardly Wait, Just One of the Guys, Sixteen Candles, etc.

There's nothing odd about how attractive Lacey Chabert is.

I'll echo Van Wilder. Also American President with Michael Douglas and Annette Benning. I'm so ashamed.
Annette is hot in that movie, in that Annette way.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

bugsy-malone-2.jpg

Hate to say it as I have been laughed at several times about it, but I will watch this movie any chance I get, lol.

I like the movie Airborne. It was out in 1993 it is a gleaming the cube spin off I guess. It has 2 known actors in Seth Green and Jack Black.

I like the movie Airborne. It was out in 1993 it is a gleaming the cube spin off I guess. It has 2 known actors in Seth Green and Jack Black.

Ha total cheeseball movie that I have watched probably a dozen times. Good call!

That's one of those so astoundingly awful movies that I just can't NOT watch. I mean, it's literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but as soon as I see it on TV, I immediately turn to that channel.

I also admit that, along those lines, I love a lot of the horrible SyFy movies. The very, very best EVER is a movie called Abominable, which has a guy (whose name I can't remember, but was in one of the Police Academy movies and also had a minor part in LA Confidential) in a wheelchair at a cabin up in the mountains, and some "sexy" young girls are in the next house over and he watched, Rear Window style, as a sasquatch begins attacking and killing them. My very favorite part, other than all of the parts, is that when he and the lone surviving "sexy" young girl are trying to escape from the sasquatch, the dude launches into a monologue explaining why he's in the wheelchair.

Best. Movie. Ever. I only wish MST3K was still around to lampoon it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom