My Game Thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Game Thoughts

Watched game finally.

Bad:
Foy missed 2 to 3 blocks. Gully 2 drops. Lynch with chance to pick bats down ball. Smith fumble. Bad snap on punt. Holding call on punt gave PSU extra 8 yards when they kicked 35 yard fg. Plays coming in, players not getting to the line until 15 seconds or so. Allen/receivers not quite in sink. Reddish not scoring. Allen not reading D and holding ball for runs. Burned for 2 long pass plays. The freakon constant tripping/sliding over/on the turf, what is the deal with that. Wales with one catch. Still not sure we can stop that 3/4 wide screen.

Good:
Inside defensive holding the line. Getting turnovers. Great vs run. Welsh all around plus showing some pretty good hands. Flemmings hands. The punters. Desir's hands on that punt interference that wasn't called. Morris on kickoffs. Broyld with the ball. Reddish strip and picking up the ball. Active lb's, especially Lynch. Played hard start to finish and didn't look winded even though hot as hell.

I saw a lot of good things in this game and considering all the new moving parts they weren't nearly as bad as it sounded like on the radio. A lot of teaching moments for all involved,...players and staff. Allen throws a nice ball and once he gets the timing down with these receivers this offense will be very good. Allen threw a Nassib to AB on a slant that yes could have been caught but should have been thrown softer. Some growing pains with Robinson/Foy and at this point I have more faith in Robinson improving. Interior d-line didn't get a lot of push but they didn't get pushed around either so holding their own against a solid o-line was impressive.

I like this team a lot, they are going to have a good year.

Obviously there is something lost in translation. I certainly wasn't trying to insult you. If it came out the wrong way, I apologize. There are only two people on this board who I would insult and mean it. You're not one of them.
i thought you were-my bad-and apologies

One positive was that we executed well from a technical standpoint. Long past are the days of whiffed and missed tackles. We didn't get penalized too often as in the past which means we are pretty disciplined. Also like how we didn't have too many long runs against us.

One positive was that we executed well from a technical standpoint. Long past are the days of whiffed and missed tackles. We didn't get penalized too often as in the past which means we are pretty disciplined. Also like how we didn't have too many long runs against us.

I thought the refs let them play.

I just don't understand the GRob era comparisons. First of all, under GRob we were so incredibly inept on both sides of the ball that the we generally weren't even competitive in any facet of the game.

Second, the offense was totally out of sync today, but again this wasn't GRob-level dysfunction--it was a new QB who didn't have starts under his belt and wasn't on the same page with a pedestrian group of receivers. Poor execution: yes, but they can get better.

That's more than you could say for any GRob coached team.
his

This was no GRob team. A GRob team would have shown flashes. It would have had "want to."

Obviously there is something lost in translation. I certainly wasn't trying to insult you. If it came out the wrong way, I apologize. There are only two people on this board who I would insult and mean it. You're not one of them.
1 has to be bees, ;) whos the other??

I envy those who compare this game with the GRob era- they have apparently forgotten what that was like and I wish I could too.

GROB era... slow, divison III level LBs like Flaherty who run a 5.6 40...
Shaf era... nothing close to that. end of story

GROB era... slow, white LBs like Flaherty who run a 5.6 40...
Shaf era... nothing close to that. end of story
What does being white have to do with it?:noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom