my god this week sucks | Syracusefan.com

my god this week sucks

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
cant really complain too much about a season if you make the 2nd weekend of tourny. the few days leading up to a s16 or hopefully elite 8 game are so exciting. for this team to bow out in the 2nd round playing a virtual home game against an 11 seed dayton team that started 1-4 in the freakin atlantic 10 is a joke.

its pissing me off listening to wfan about how hot a ticket friday nite at msg is and how all the uconn fans will fill up the building and what an atmosphere it will be and first time in 50 years the garden is hosting an ncaa tourny game and ahhhhhhh!!!! i cant believe we choked away msg and couldnt make a jump shot. from 25-0 to this. ughhhhhhhh

not gonna be able to watch 1 second of any of the msg games this weekend.

cant really complain too much about a season if you make the 2nd weekend of tourny. the few days leading up to a s16 or hopefully elite 8 game are so exciting. for this team to bow out in the 2nd round playing a virtual home game against an 11 seed dayton team that started 1-4 in the freakin atlantic 10 is a joke.

its pissing me off listening to wfan about how hot a ticket friday nite at msg is and how all the uconn fans will fill up the building and what an atmosphere it will be and first time in 50 years the garden is hosting an ncaa tourny game and ahhhhhhh!!!! i cant believe we choked away msg and couldnt make a jump shot. from 25-0 to this. ughhhhhhhh

Friday Night at MSG is going for 25% more than the FF.

Wow.

Nice how the NCAA is now giving home court advantage to #7 seeds. Committee is clueless. Let's go ISU.

Nice how the NCAA is now giving home court advantage to #7 seeds. Committee is clueless. Let's go ISU.

It would have worked in Nova's favor if they didn't lose to freaking UConn, but unfortunately they did and now UConn is now reaping the benefits. Let's Go Cyclones!

If seeds 2 and 3 take care of business, UConn is watching us from home. No one to blame but ourselves... and Villanova.

If seeds 2 and 3 take care of business, UConn is watching us from home. No one to blame but ourselves... and Villanova.
Thanks cpt. obvious... doesn't take away the hurt/embarrassment we as a fan base feel right now. It still really frosts me too that we lost MSG and Uconn got a shot as a 7 seed. :crazy:

Plenty of what ifs to go around but besides x's and o's, I don't think there was ever that emotional leader this year on the team, that would get on guys when they were slacking or making mistakes, a guy that would lead with his intensity. Baye was that last year, but this year there was no steadying force. Emotion plays a huge role in the college game, and it was sorely lacking from our team at the end of the year. might be the most single reason besides injury that we went into the tank.

Thanks cpt. obvious... doesn't take away the hurt/embarrassment we as a fan base feel right now. It still really frosts me too that we lost MSG and Uconn got a shot as a 7 seed. :crazy:

Plenty of what ifs to go around but besides x's and o's, I don't think there was ever that emotional leader this year on the team, that would get on guys when they were slacking or making mistakes, a guy that would lead with his intensity. Baye was that last year, but this year there was no steadying force. Emotion plays a huge role in the college game, and it was sorely lacking from our team at the end of the year. might be the most single reason besides injury that we went into the tank.
You're welcome. The committee had to put them in one of the 4 regions. They assumed, based on seeding, they wouldn't make it to MSG. They won two games to get there, so there's no point in crying about it. If things played out as the seeds were given, Virginia was going to see Villanova, so they're the only team with any right to complain here.

You're welcome. The committee had to put them in one of the 4 regions. They assumed, based on seeding, they wouldn't make it to MSG. They won two games to get there, so there's no point in crying about it. If things played out as the seeds were given, Virginia was going to see Villanova, so they're the only team with any right to complain here.
A low seed should not be placed in a region that could lead to a home court situation if they win. It's not fair to UVA, Michigan St, and ISU who earned their protected seed with regular season performance.

I always hope that Syracuse hoops takes me right up to (or past) Opening Day. Then I can transfer my attention right into baseball. April 1st feels like it's a decade away. :(

A low seed should not be placed in a region that could lead to a home court situation if they win. It's not fair to UVA, Michigan St, and ISU who earned their protected seed with regular season performance.

It's not fair that Villanova had to play a team that played like a 4 but was seeded 7.

Don't watch. It will be excellent therapy. I subscribe to that myself. There's enough hoops around to root on Louisville over Kentucky.

LOL at the thought of the B1G inviting UConn. I'm sure the NYC Big Ten alums are just begging to make annual trips to Storrs.

what bothers me most about the loss to dayton is we missed a matchup w stanford to go to elite 8. an opportunity that golden only comes around once a decade imo and we whiffed on it, in msg no less

LOL at the thought of the B1G inviting UConn. I'm sure the NYC Big Ten alums are just begging to make annual trips to Storrs.

The B1G wants a presence in NYC. UCONN helps Rutgers achieve this.

The Final Four will seat 70,000. MSG seats just over 19,000. No surprise that the seats are more expensive with a local team. They would have been just as insane if we were there as well.

But think of this - the UCONN-Iowas St ticket is hotter than the KY vs. UofL ticket.

Wow. I really hope some university presidents are noticing.

Living in Connecticut, this week and the tournament can't end soon enough.

I'll also add, expensive tickets are nice for scalpers but the real $$ is in the TV ratings. UConn - Iowa State is going to be the dud on Friday night's lineup. Everyone in the country is talking Kentucky - Louisville, Tennessee and Michigan are two of the biggest names in college athletics and then tourney favorite Michigan State takes on 1 seed Virginia in MSG. The top action is on Friday night and that doesn't include UConn.

But think of this - the UCONN-Iowas St ticket is hotter than the KY vs. UofL ticket.

I'm sure you do. Good luck with that. Hopefully for you, this will somehow create some sort of football history/brand.

Lucas Oil is sold out. A 70,000 seat football stadium is sold out for basketball. That equates to a hotter ticket in almost everyone's eyes. The whole country is talking about UL UK, not UConn and Iowa State.

The Final Four will seat 70,000. MSG seats just over 19,000. No surprise that the seats are more expensive with a local team. They would have been just as insane if we were there as well.

I was talking about the big ten taking notice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom