my god this week sucks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

my god this week sucks

cant really complain too much about a season if you make the 2nd weekend of tourny. the few days leading up to a s16 or hopefully elite 8 game are so exciting. for this team to bow out in the 2nd round playing a virtual home game against an 11 seed dayton team that started 1-4 in the freakin atlantic 10 is a joke.

its pissing me off listening to wfan about how hot a ticket friday nite at msg is and how all the uconn fans will fill up the building and what an atmosphere it will be and first time in 50 years the garden is hosting an ncaa tourny game and ahhhhhhh!!!! i cant believe we choked away msg and couldnt make a jump shot. from 25-0 to this. ughhhhhhhh

not gonna be able to watch 1 second of any of the msg games this weekend.

I hear you. But to top it off for me, I'm in Jeff City, MO. This place is SO boring.

what bothers me most about the loss to dayton is we missed a matchup w stanford to go to elite 8. an opportunity that golden only comes around once a decade imo and we whiffed on it, in msg no less
I've never been intrigued by matchups against lower seeds that come about due to an upset.
My formative years following SU, 1977 we rolled the Ernie and Bernie show (#4) and drooled over a matchup vs UNCCharlotte, before anybody knew who they were. Chad Kinch and Cornbread Maxwell whupped us good.
1979, North Carolina and us were on a collision course, Penn had the gall to knock off UNC , making us giddy thinking about a unbridled ride to the FF. What Penn did was double whupp us.
We always do better when we go thru the problem not around it.

Last edited:
NashvilleOrange said:
I'll also add, expensive tickets are nice for scalpers but the real $$ is in the TV ratings. UConn - Iowa State is going to be the dud on Friday night's lineup. Everyone in the country is talking Kentucky - Louisville, Tennessee and Michigan are two of the biggest names in college athletics and then tourney favorite Michigan State takes on 1 seed Virginia in MSG. The top action is on Friday night and that doesn't include UConn.

I feel better now.

Check that, I still feel crappy.

According to an article on Bloomberg, ti is the most expensive ticket ever for a regional.

The combination of UConn's backyard, Virginia not being far away and the first time the regionals have been played in the Garden in 50+ years has sent demand through the roof.

Can you imagine what prices would have been like had both SU and UConn been there? Fugghedaboutit. Take out a mortgage, we going to the game.

According to an article on Bloomberg, ti is the most expensive ticket ever for a regional.

Metro North is adding trains for Friday night.

What you are seeing is outpouring of emotion of the last couple of years of being on the wrong end of CRE and the whole APR witch hunt.

I think if we win on Sunday, I would put that up there with winning NC's in terms of how much it will mean.

Seeing UCONN on the national stage and knowing that Ollie is the real deal? Priceless.

i hear you but i think any true believer before the tourney started would have been delirious to know our path was dayton/stanford to get to elite 8. tough to say on paper theres ever been an easier path.
I've never been intrigued by matchups against lower seeds that come about due to an upset.
My formative years following SU, 1977 we rolled the Ernie and Bernie show (#4) and drooled over a matchup vs UNCCharlotte, before anybody knew who they were. Chad Kinch and Cornbread Maxwell whupped us good.
1979, North Carolina and us were on a collision course, Penn had the gall to knock off UNC , making us giddy thinking about a unbridled ride to the FF. What Penn did was double whupp us.
We always do better when we go thru the problem not around it.

The combination of UConn's backyard, Virginia not being far away and the first time the regionals have been played in the Garden in 50+ years has sent demand through the roof.

Can you imagine what prices would have been like had both SU and UConn been there? Fugghedaboutit. Take out a mortgage, we going to the game.

wow... im really surprised at this.

imagine if Cuse or Duke or St Johns or hell even Michigan was in.

When i think uconn and uva, i certainly dont think MSG.

wow... im really surprised at this.

imagine if Cuse or Duke or St Johns or hell even Michigan was in.

When i think uconn and uva, i certainly dont think MSG.

Yeah, other than win BET championships in 1990, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2011, what has UCONN ever done in MSG?

Yeah, other than win BET championships in 1990, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2011, what has UCONN ever done in MSG?
Don't you have Cuse bashing to do on your own board? If you're looking for converts here, you're not going to find them. Enjoy the ACK.

A low seed should not be placed in a region that could lead to a home court situation if they win. It's not fair to UVA, Michigan St, and ISU who earned their protected seed with regular season performance.

Was it fair to Wake Forest or Oklahoma?

What you are seeing is outpouring of emotion of the last couple of years of being on the wrong end of CRE and the whole APR witch hunt.

I think if we win on Sunday, I would put that up there with winning NC's in terms of how much it will mean.

Seeing UCONN on the national stage and knowing that Ollie is the real deal? Priceless.

APR witch hunt? The delusion and victim mentality all uconn fans seem to have is reason 1 2 and three why their just the worst.

not trying to bash you at all. it's just confusing to me that it is the highest priced regional of all time with 4 schools in which uva and iowa state are in it.

uconn and Michigan st are better fan bases. But maybe im wrong here, Uconn fans seem non-existent to me. Again, not trying to bash you. But I've never really noticed them at games before.

And I dont think its a debate who the king of MSG is. Its the Syracuse allure and the home crowds there. Uconn may have great results... but certainly not the same mystique.

sdhusky said:

Go away.

He is not clearly not the wrong answer a la Matt Doherty but he is also still playing with Calhoun's players.

You really won't know if he is the right guy until the entire package is his.

not trying to bash you at all. it's just confusing to me that it is the highest priced regional of all time with 4 schools in which uva and iowa state are in it.

uconn and Michigan st are better fan bases. But maybe im wrong here, Uconn fans seem non-existent to me. Again, not trying to bash you. But I've never really noticed them at games before.

And I dont think its a debate who the king of MSG is. Its the Syracuse allure and the home crowds there. Uconn may have great results... but certainly not the same mystique.

It is the NYC premium...2nd most expensive regional ticket of all time...regionals at the Prudential center a few years ago...

Add the NYC premium to MSG first-time host in forever plus schools that are reasonably close and it all adds up to explosive demand.

It is the NYC premium...2nd most expensive regional ticket of all time...regionals at the Prudential center a few years ago...

Add the NYC premium to MSG first-time host in forever plus schools that are reasonably close and it all adds up to explosive demand.

I guess uva is close enough. Just seems so southern to me.

They also probably have a 25%+ grads in NYC.

He is not clearly not the wrong answer a la Matt Doherty but he is also still playing with Calhoun's players.

You really won't know if he is the right guy until the entire package is his.

It's not like this team is loaded with talent - based on what is happening on the recruiting trail, Ollie is going to upgrading the talent level shortly.

We don't know everything about Ollie but I will say that in the AAC semi-final, cincy was on the verge of putting UCONN away.

Ollie called timeout and our guards stopped taking jumpers and attacked the rim 10 possessions or so in a row and we took over the game.

I put those adjustments and that win squarely on Ollie.

I really can't image how he could have had any better of a start. He has already beaten Izzo, Boeheim, Cooney & Donovan.

Last edited:
I guess uva is close enough. Just seems so southern to me.

They also probably have a 25%+ grads in NYC.

Hey, if we can get to the Verizon center, they can get to NYC.

Actually, regional tix were already very expensive before the brackets even came out.

I had been following tix prices on Stubhub since February and was already prepared to pay double what I paid for Verizon Center tix last year of comparable quality.

This ticket was already really hot well before UVA and UConn knew they were coming.

It's not like this team is loaded with talent - based on what is happening on the recruiting trail, Ollie is going to upgrading the talent level shortly.

We don't know everything about Ollie but I will say that in the AAC semi-final, cincy was on the verge of putting UCONN away.

Ollie called timeout and our guards stopped taking jumpers and attacked the rim 10 possessions or so in a row and we took over the game.

I put those adjustments and that win squarely on Ollie.

I really can't image how he could have had any better or a start. He has already beaten Izzo, Boeheim, Cooney & Donovan.

You put Shabazz Napier on our team and we run away and hide with the national championship...he's damn good.

And NCAA tournament runs are all about great guard play.

He single-handedly destroyed Nova in the second half.

No, your talent level, where it counts, is pretty good.

We'll see about Ollie. Not saying you're wrong, it is just too early to tell if he can make you not rue the day Calhoun retired.

I really can't image how he could have had any better of a start. He has already beaten Izzo, Boeheim, Cooney & Donovan.

Bill Guthridge won a lot with another guys players too.

Bill Guthridge won a lot with another guys players too.

Well... look at it like this.

Napier has grown as a player and a leader under Ollie. He really struggled as a soph under Calhoun.
The Boatshow is more under control and playing "team-first" more any I ever imagine he would
Brimah is an Ollie recruit and is developing at an insane rate
Samuels was ready when needed against Villanova. Another Ollie guy and has developed immensely this year
Giffey and Daniels are playing the best of their career right now.
Kromah, at UCONN, has exceeded what he did in George Washington

Players are getting better under Ollie. The team is playing like a team. Chemistry is strong.

Is is a one time thing? Is this the only group of players Ollie could impact like this?

Maybe. We'll see.

I like the fact we are still playing right now. There is something to be said for a coach whose team peaks at this time of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom