my god this week sucks | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

my god this week sucks

Bill Guthridge won a lot with another guys players too.

Well, From Calhoun's last year, Ollie lost a NBA all star calibre player is Drummond, another solid NBA player in Lamb, 2 starters on a NC team in Smith and Oriakhi...

He brought in 3 star players.

And the team got better. Won more. Achieved more.

I like the direction.

Metro North is adding trains for Friday night.

What you are seeing is outpouring of emotion of the last couple of years of being on the wrong end of CRE and the whole APR witch hunt.

I think if we win on Sunday, I would put that up there with winning NC's in terms of how much it will mean.

Seeing UCONN on the national stage and knowing that Ollie is the real deal? Priceless.

You're playing with kids that signed up for something a lot different. Give it time.

And why are you posting here about the BiG?

Well, From Calhoun's last year, Ollie lost a NBA all star calibre player is Drummond, another solid NBA player in Lamb, 2 starters on a NC team in Smith and Oriakhi...

I like the direction.

Three star players sounds a little hyperbolic

Because now that the APR witch hunt is over, Kevin Ollie is going to take their football team to the promised land. Yay!

When it was time to penetrate the tri state market the BiG looked at UCONN with its national titles, Fiesta Bowl, and basketball coach who knows Lebron, and invited Rutgers.

Because now that the APR witch hunt is over, Kevin Ollie is going to take their football team to the promised land. Yay!

I have to admit, I think Diaco is going to take UCONN football to new heights. I expect to have a top 10 season in the next 4 years.

Unfortunately, unless we are invited to the B1G by then, he'll leave for greener pastures.

I have to admit, I think Diaco is going to take UCONN football to new heights. I expect to have a top 10 season in the next 4 years.

Unfortunately, unless we are invited to the B1G by then, he'll leave for greener pastures.

Top ten in what?

You're playing with kids that signed up for something a lot different. Give it time.

Well, there is little doubt that Ollie is bring in a ton of talent into Storrs. Turns out the AAC is a pretty good conference at the top and UCONN is without a doubt the AAC program that ESPN wants to feature.

The guys coming in next year will be on ESPN more than any other UCONN class. I think that's important.

The B1G is our life raft to a power 5 conference. We'll need the money in 4 or 5 years.

I'm excited for the rest of the country to see UCONN represented in the biggest media market in the world.

AP poll. Like what Kelly did at Cincy. Or RR did at WVU. Or PP did at SU.

He is really amazing. I can't believe how lucky we are to have him.

You're making this week even worser.

AP poll. Like what Kelly did at Cincy. Or RR did at WVU. Or PP did at SU.

He is really amazing. I can't believe how lucky we are to have him.

That is hilarious, good luck with that.

Well, there is little doubt that Ollie is bring in a ton of talent into Storrs. Turns out the AAC is a pretty good conference at the top and UCONN is without a doubt the AAC program that ESPN wants to feature.

The guys coming in next year will be on ESPN more than any other UCONN class. I think that's important.

The B1G is our life raft to a power 5 conference. We'll need the money in 4 or 5 years.

I'm excited for the rest of the country to see UCONN represented in the biggest media market in the world.

Will Louisville repeat? They seemed to win that conference by a lot.

If you're so excited why are you here?

sdhusky said:
Friday Night at MSG is going for 25% more than the FF. Wow.

Just think, if it had been SU instead, they would be 50% more.

I like the direction.
That team was a mess and you know it.

Ollie can recruit.

But I think people (even UConn fans) are underestimating Bazz's importance. Great players make coaches look good. The real test for Ollie will be when he doesn't have Napier there.

They've won 2 tournament games and are the Sweet 16 with Dayton, Stanford and Tennessee; it's not like they're in the Final 4 yet.

I'm just confused why UConn fans are talking when we went to the Elite 8 and Final 4 the last 2 years; in those same yeras UConn had a 1st round loss and were banned from the tournament. They make it to the Sweet 16 and all of sudden they're kings of March again. Please.

PS. I do think Brimah will be a stud and Samuel will be a very good college player for 3 more years; Facey has nice ability as well. Not sold on Nolan at all though.

Will Louisville repeat? They seemed to win that conference by a lot.

If you're so excited why are you here?

Some of the numbers guys think UofL has the best chance. We'll see.

Just think, if it had been SU instead, they would be 50% more.

We only know what happens if UCONN plays in MSG in the second weekend. With SU its conjecture only.

Maybe you are right.

Its the Syracuse allure and the home crowds there. Uconn may have great results... but certainly not the same mystique.

I guess it comes down to what mystique is about
The SU fans already had the tickets. Guess who they are selling them to for a ferocious markup?

I'm ok with that :)

I'm curious, how is the B1g your life raft over the ACC? UConn isn't AAU, doesn't have a good football program and isn't a contiguous state to another B1g member. ACC or even Big 12 seem more likely.

I'm curious, how is the B1g your life raft over the ACC? UConn isn't AAU, doesn't have a good football program and isn't a contiguous state to another B1g member. ACC or even Big 12 seen more likely.

The ACC doesn't want us. We know that.

UCONN is on track to be in the AAU - our president is making it a priority. Delaney has said that contiguous is not a requirement. I think Diaco is going to completely change the image of UCONN football. Edsall won some games but didn't sell the program. Diaco is selling the program/university hard. Fantastic hire. No way it happens if we didn't feel so desperate.

The ACC doesn't want us. We know that.

UCONN is on track to be in the AAU - our president is making it a priority. Delaney has said that contiguous is not a requirement. I think Diaco is going to completely change the image of UCONN football. Edsall won some games but didn't sell the program. Diaco is selling the program/university hard. Fantastic hire. No way it happens if we didn't feel so desperate.
Well if the football program makes the improvements you mention it seems likely that the ACC would reconsider, especially if Notre Dame is forced to go all in. UConn would be the logical partner. You probably follow the realignment more than I do but with UConn so close to making it last time, a strong football program might put them over the top.

And now I can hear the guy in the next room snoring. Dear Lord I hate this city!

Okay, this is making me feel a little bit better. Nicely done.

missouri-mule-cans.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom