my god this week sucks | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

my god this week sucks

Well if the football program makes the improvements you mention it seems likely that the ACC would reconsider, especially if Notre Dame is forced to go all in. UConn would be the logical partner. You probably follow the realignment more than I do but with UConn so close to making it last time, a strong football program might put them over the top.

Your football program is a disaster right now, it has a long way just to be a competitive program. The big ten isn't taking Uconn.

Your football program is a disaster right now, it has a long way just to be a competitive program. The big ten isn't taking Uconn.

Going back to when I lived in Syracuse and was told the 1990 was a "flash in the pan" and would never happen again and later when I was told it would be a couple decades before we could be competitive in FB against SU let alone win, to the death of UCONN basketball recently...there is one thing I know for certain.

SU fans are just terrible when it comes to predicting how UCONN will do.

Going back to when I lived in Syracuse and was told the 1990 was a "flash in the pan" and would never happen again and later when I was told it would be a couple decades before we could be competitive in FB against SU let alone win, to the death of UCONN basketball recently...there is one thing I know for certain.

UConn basketball was never going to "die"; but in about 3 years your best case scenario is Memphis (unless you get to the B10).

Don't let a 2nd round win over Nova with the best player in the country on your team disillusion you into thinking "we're not going anywhere"

A low seed should not be placed in a region that could lead to a home court situation if they win. It's not fair to UVA, Michigan St, and ISU who earned their protected seed with regular season performance.
Was it fair to Oklahoma in 2003 when we played them in Albany? None of us were crying foul at that.

This is one of the UConn idiots CTO singled out as a nice guy who adds flavor to the board. Yup. Here he is hijacking a thread on the SU board during our worst week, even though his team has advanced. He has plenty to be happy about, yet he needs to be here reveling in our misery. Epitome of a troll and a complete ass. Thanks for all the flavor.

Was it fair to Oklahoma in 2003 when we played them in Albany? None of us were crying foul at that.
Not the same thing. There is a big difference between giving accommodation to a #3 seed vs. a #7 seed. #3's are also viewed as in the protected category.

Not the same thing. There is a big difference between giving accommodation to a #3 seed vs. a #7 seed. #3's are also viewed as in the protected category.
If you want to go by the rule, high seeds are only supposed to be protected for the first weekend, so your belly aching about UConn is invalid. If higher seeds are supposed to be protected regardless of round, we shouldn't have been allowed to play Oklahoma in Albany in '03. Yes, we were a high seed as a 3, but Oklahoma was the higher seed as a 1. You can't logically argue that a 3 seed deserves more "protection" than a 1 seed.

The ACC doesn't want us. We know that.

UCONN is on track to be in the AAU - our president is making it a priority. Delaney has said that contiguous is not a requirement. I think Diaco is going to completely change the image of UCONN football. Edsall won some games but didn't sell the program. Diaco is selling the program/university hard. Fantastic hire. No way it happens if we didn't feel so desperate.

Thank you for your interest in Syracuse Basketball.

(Isn't that what the idiots on your board say?)

You're worse off overall than anyone here minus UEO could've imagined.

We were a 3 seed. They're a freaking 7.

Orange Barrel said:
This is one of the UConn idiots CTO singled out as a nice guy who adds flavor to the board. Yup. Here he is hijacking a thread on the SU board during our worst week, even though his team has advanced. He has plenty to be happy about, yet he needs to be here reveling in our misery. Epitome of a troll and a complete ass. Thanks for all the flavor.

And he won't get banned, unlike me who got banned for calling a virginia troll an abbreviated bad word after they beat us and was talking s.hit

We were a 3 seed. They're a freaking 7.
Exactly. As a 3 seed we were more likely to reach the Elite 8 and have a home court advantage over a 1. As a 7 seed they were expected to lose early. The committee can't predict everything.

You can't complain about Syracuse playing Cal in San Jose, or Uconn playing in MSG, and then say its fine that Wake Forest or Oklahoma could potentialy play a lower seeded Cuse team in Albany. We just happened to luck out because Wake choked and Oklahoma wouldn't have beaten us anywhere.

You can't complain about Syracuse playing Cal in San Jose, or Uconn playing in MSG, and then say its fine that Wake Forest or Oklahoma could potentialy play a lower seeded Cuse team in Albany. We just happened to luck out because Wake choked and Oklahoma wouldn't have beaten us anywhere.

They could have played that game in Norman and Hollis Price would've still had that deer in the headlights look vs. SU's zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom