My question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

My question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

Could JB be using the Kadary conditioning as a means too keep Buddy but more specifically Joe G in the starting lineup and maintain their minutes. Jb is smart he knows the media and fan game in this town. Btw we should probably be careful what we write on this board and others and what we call up local radio on cause JB said has hinted at past pressers he knows what gets said on message boards and he listens to the local radio shows. He has called into Axe show a couple times when something has been said he doesn't agree with or like.
Why should we be careful? I hope JB does read the board.

It is interesting to me that with all his success, his place in history secure, etc etc - JB still seems to be so thin skinned and insecure. ADJW better have a plan - he is insulting a pretty great fan base with most of this crap that he spews.
Its in the chip.

I think one problem we have is thinking an athletics coach, or any celebrity for that matter, has more power than he does. What is JB going to do if people on here say things he doesn't like, ground us? Put us in time out?

R u a local of Syracuse or Central NY ? I shared a story on here JB kids obviously went to local High School Jamesville DeWitt all athletes there was a big deal a few years ago on a vote for a new field turf for the athletic complex. Jb was in favor of it when some in the community including high school coaches at JD were opposed. Jb showed up to a school board meeting vote on it and spoke in favor a got it to pass. A family friend who's kid was also an athlete at JD at the time was at the meeting and when Jb came in a spoke people feel made the difference just his stature and standing. Just a small example I'm sure others have other similar stories big and small of his pull and power. He has earned it so not trying to take it away from him.

The top rated show in the Boston market spent mostly 4 hours talking about how the Patriots should move on Bill Belichick who has won 6 titles since 2001.
If this was Boston our fanbase would be toxic on steroids.

Nobody says fire JB and if they do they are wrong. I just think the talking to us like we are morons and can’t see where legitimately criticism comes from is a joke.
If he doesn’t listen to the assistants and I believe the poster that said this stuff won’t change.

Could JB be using the Kadary conditioning as a means too keep Buddy but more specifically Joe G in the starting lineup and maintain their minutes. Jb is smart he knows the media and fan game in this town. Btw we should probably be careful what we write on this board and others and what we call up local radio on cause JB said has hinted at past pressers he knows what gets said on message boards and he listens to the local radio shows. He has called into Axe show a couple times when something has been said he doesn't agree with or like.

Dude you gotta stop the shtick. Criticism comes with any D1 job especially a high profile job like the bball coach at Syracuse and after all the success JB has had here in his career. If someone says something he disagrees with JB has never shied away from letting the public know what he thinks.

As for the be careful line I have no idea what your talking about. JB isn't Jon Gotti in 1980, he's a 76 year old bball coach who surely is battling some health issues at this point. He's not gonna show up at your house or at the Gathering Lounge In Liverpool with a lead pipe looking for some guy name CuseRunner.

JB using his CNY bully pulpit for something he believes in is fine.
It’s commendable.

He doesn’t care about the board nor should he.
He probably has a low level intern clip media, clip any radio that is bad, and spends a few minutes reading their report.
He doesn’t read this site.

Btw we should probably be careful what we write on this board and others and what we call up local radio on cause JB said has hinted at past pressers he knows what gets said on message boards and he listens to the local radio shows. He has called into Axe show a couple times when something has been said he doesn't agree with or like.
Or...what?

Is JB going to ban individual posters/callers from games? Call them out by name on his call-in show? Leave flaming bags of dog poop on their doorsteps?

I love Cuse Basketball, I love JB... I don't love Kadary conditioning excuse...

They all practice the same... If he needs game legs, and he's not getting them the way everyone else is in practice, whelp, he's gonna need more game minutes...

Dude you gotta stop the shtick. Criticism comes with any D1 job especially a high profile job like the bball coach at Syracuse and after all the success JB has had here in his career. If someone says something he disagrees with JB has never shied away from letting the public know what he thinks.

As for the be careful line I have no idea what your talking about. JB isn't Jon Gotti in 1980, he's a 76 year old bball coach who surely is battling some health issues at this point. He's not gonna show up at your house or at the Gathering Lounge In Liverpool with a lead pipe looking for some guy name CuseRunner.

Gathering Lounge ? Never stepped foot in that place. Weird reference. But liverpool north syracuse baldwinsville is the right spots to hit now for a night out with the wife or with the buddies.

I ask this sincerely-
Who besides (maybe) Juli and (maybe) Wildhack do we think might have any sway in being "real" with JB? It just seems like such an intervention might be in order. Honestly though, I don't think there is such a person, and it seems the two I mention are just waiting it out like the rest of us.

I ask this sincerely-
Who besides (maybe) Juli and (maybe) Wildhack do we think might have any sway in being "real" with JB? It just seems like such an intervention might be in order. Honestly though, I don't think there is such a person, and it seems the two I mention are just waiting it out like the rest of us.
Scary thought

It might be Buddy and his brother too

Or...what?

Is JB going to ban individual posters/callers from games? Call them out by name on his call-in show? Leave flaming bags of dog poop on their doorsteps?
He called the shiz poop

8E2539FE-0A88-4A7D-ADF2-9326789512A4.jpeg

It is interesting to me that with all his success, his place in history secure, etc etc - JB still seems to be so thin skinned and insecure. ADJW better have a plan - he is insulting a pretty great fan base with most of this crap that he spews.
JB is no different than any other longtime, successful coach. They’re all ridiculously thin-skinned, and carry a weird persecution complex around with them.

Part of that is baked into the personality needed to be a great coach — you must have unshakable confidence, and a willingness to forge ahead with your ideas despite critics coming after you constantly.

And part of it is what happens when anyone is lauded as “great” for long enough, one starts to believe that and acts accordingly.

I’ve seen this dynamic in the corporate world. It often ends ugly.

Or...what?

So what you’re implicitly saying is that there’s a non zero percent chance JB starts reading Joe Girard posts off a printout on one of his call-in shows?

Huge if true imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom