My solution to making the ACC happy - | Syracusefan.com

My solution to making the ACC happy -

Jake

Mod
I'm okay putting any home game at MSG that is not named Duke or UNC. Move the Wake game to NYC - I don't care. But Duke and UNC have to come to the dome.

I'm also not sure the rest of the ACC would be happy with Duke or UNC not having to play us in the dome. Seems an unfair advantage.

If you really want a great NYC hoops event. Here's what I do. I book the garden for the Friday after Thanksgiving. I call up the UCONN AD and I offer this deal. Us vs them, split the tickets and put the thing on ESPN at 8pm. Every year. It would become the world's largest cocktail party of the north.

It really really sucks IMO to lose any conference home games for Bball. Especially when we are going into a new conference and one of our advantages will be teams getting used to playing in the Dome and getting used to how well SU bball fans travel.

Even if they do this I have a feeling its a one off kind of thing. The BE once it folds will not be able to keep MSG for their conference torney and then the ACC can get all their teams exposure as well as the marqi matchups every season in the semi's and finals.

I've been thinking about similar ideas. It seems like there is room for some kind of new annual rivalry game between SU and an old Big East team that should be played every year at MSG.

I hope the ACC eventually ends up playing a 16 game league schedule (even though I think its unlikely) because there are a lot more attractive OOC games now that we are out of the Big East than there used to be.

If you really want a great NYC hoops event. Here's what I do. I book the garden for the Friday after Thanksgiving. I call up the UCONN AD and I offer this deal. Us vs them, split the tickets and put the thing on ESPN at 8pm. Every year. It would become the world's largest cocktail party of the north.

Isn't that the day of the Pre-Season NIT final?

Pick another day. Any day. Make it an event...not just a game.

Yep pick a college rivalry sounding name like "The Old Big East Shootout" and give the winner a trophy.

We can do a home and home with Duke or NC. We'll play in MSG if they play us in Charlotte Bobcat Arena.

I'm okay putting any home game at MSG that is not named Duke or UNC. Move the Wake game to NYC - I don't care. But Duke and UNC have to come to the dome.

I'm also not sure the rest of the ACC would be happy with Duke or UNC not having to play us in the dome. Seems an unfair advantage.

I'm think some 2 day doubleheader event. SU and Duke and 2 other BCS teams. Could be a former BE team sometimes or a MSU, Texas, Florida, whomever. Friday night SU and Duke (or UNC) each play one of the 2 teams and the next night flip the opponents.

I'm think some 2 day doubleheader event. SU and Duke and 2 other BCS teams. Could be a former BE team sometimes or a MSU, Texas, Florida, whomever. Friday night SU and Duke (or UNC) each play one of the 2 teams and the next night flip the opponents.

I like this. Cuse/Duke/UNC/Pitt vs. Kentucky/Kansas/Texas/Arizona

Add a Saturday night game against Georgetown to the Friday night game against UConn and now you're talking.

It really really sucks IMO to lose any conference home games for Bball. Especially when we are going into a new conference and one of our advantages will be teams getting used to playing in the Dome and getting used to how well SU bball fans travel.

Even if they do this I have a feeling its a one off kind of thing. The BE once it folds will not be able to keep MSG for their conference torney and then the ACC can get all their teams exposure as well as the marqi matchups every season in the semi's and finals.
The Big East will not fold. It will eventually become a very good conference of basketball only schools that will regularly get 2-3 teams in the tournament every year.

The Big East is not going away. It will become a very competitive conference of basketball only schools that have 2-3 teams that make the tournament every year. Don't see the ACC tournament being played at MSG unless it is a yearly thing. Why would MSG sacrifice a yearly Big East tournament for an ACC tournament that they hold only once every few years. Does not make sense dollar wise.

How 'bout giving a good name ("Return to innocence")to a yearly 4 team current BE/Old BE tournament- SU/Pitt/St. Johns/Uconn. It would be amazing if you could have a tournament with all the original BE teams every year, but don't know if that could be pulled off. Maybe instead of the preseason NIT/Maui etc.

The Big East will not fold. It will eventually become a very good conference of basketball only schools that will regularly get 2-3 teams in the tournament every year.
If that is what BE hoops becomes, they will not have their post-season tournament at MSG.

Speaking of which, I wonder how successful the A-10 will be at Barclay's? I just don't see any strong anchor schools that can fill the place.

I don't get the A-10 move to Brooklyn either. They will be playing at the same time as the BE at MSG. Why be 2nd fiddle and get dwarfed by the MSG coverage?

Here is my idea to make the ACC happy - tell them to go themselves. The Dome outdraws all of they crappy venues. They should consider themselves luck that we let these backwards, racist, inbred sons of whores into the dome.

SU should co-host an annual torney with SJU in NYC. We could be on one side of the bracket and SJU on the other. invite six other schools.

I wonder if the ACC coaches have been asked about moving games from the Dome to MSG? Because I would think the coaches and players from our new league would all want to play in the Carrier Dome.

At the very least, I would think that if say Duke gets to play SU in MSG, that say perhaps Maryland might be a little pissed at having to play in the Carrier Dome. Then again, the rest of the ACC is used to being UNC's and Duke's biotches.

I don't think we'll be playing any (or very few) BE schools down the road. We may want to play them but there will be hurt feelings. How many times have we played Penn St since they joined the B-10? Have we played BC, Miami, VT? BE teams are likely to be pissed at us for leaving and won't be too excited about helping us out with our big plans.

Let the rest of the ACC play the B1G in a conference shootout. SU, Pitt, and BC (sorry VT and Miami, you dont count) should play 3 classic Big East teams every year in some kind of revenge tournament. Would make for great rivalries and great watching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom