My Takeaways from the Game | Syracusefan.com

My Takeaways from the Game

newmexicuse

All Conference
1. Worst things was how easy it was early for MCW to penetrate & dish. As they game progressed they adjusted & he didn't & it got tougher & tougher. Don't get me wrong, I love MCW and how he plays, but he just may be a little too caught up in leading the country in assists and as a result he sometimes forces things & gets TOed too often. He needs to learn better how to control a game as opposed to how to control a possession.

2. How have they lost four games ?? They looked awfully solid to me, even before the big run at the end. That kid Anderson has some serious hops. They have two possible first rounders in their squad. I thought their starting 5 matched up well with us, but a big differential in depth.

3. When things were falling apart at the end, I would have liked to have seen a few plays run for CJ & see what he could do in that sort of a situation.

4. I really liked how BMK looked - why only 10 minutes ?

5. Cooney - he seems to be more consistantly effective driving than shooting. I think his 4 minute cameo the previous game affected his confidence and he seemed reluctant to pull the trigger. He needs to do a better job finding seams and spots from where he could score. Also, he needs to work on a higher release point for his shot. As things stands now, he needs room & if he doesn't get that room he can be neutralized.

6. Grant - very impressed on his potential. I have a feeling he will only be a three year player. He seems to play within himself & yet he seems to know when to try and make a play.

7. X & DC2 - both showing improvement, but with a ways to go.

8. James - he came up huge again - improving his all around game to complement his shot. I am pleased to be have my crow dinner on this kid, I simply did not think he would be this good.

9. Jimmy - Firstly, congrats on the big 900. Secondly, this game will not go down as his finest hour, he seemed unable to slow the tide at the end in terms of making adjustments either offensively or defensively. Fortunately,the clock was on our side & they had to foul & MCW came up big at the line.

In summation, we got some sandkicked in our face & this was a W in name only. Temple should be a good test to see if we can bounce back strong & show that we deserve our ranking.

jimmy b. was just keeping it close so there would be more bodies in the dome when he reached the milestone. less echo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom