N Florida Game Thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

N Florida Game Thread...

Bizarre half. Seems like we havent scored in an hour. Now this is a game where you blame the players. Cant make any shots and have been actually good looks
The players were the reason we lost the last 2 as well, no?

Yeah, our offense, even against cupcakes now, is just passing the ball around until we get it to White for a catch-and-shoot 3.

Hey, we might break 50 points against this juggernaut North Florida team!

We have a bunch of spazs out there. Like 5 terrence roberts out there at once.

Nice ball movement on that AW3 three... Great job by DC to look opposite in the high post there

Happy for Tyler he hit that. Maybe that'll take the lid off for him.

ball movement! Yay. Passing and sharing and sharing and passing.

No excuse that this team can't play consistent ball for 40 minutes.

Left a lot of points in the paint.
AWIII is as close to 'money' (when open) as we've ever had.
Isn't this the kind of game where you want to get Chukwu some time? We can't have given up on him already...

Isn't this the kind of game where you want to get Chukwu some time? We can't have given up on him already...

I kinda did.

I can't see how he can help us against better teams. :( Who knows though. He'll probably get some run in the next half, we weren't exactly winning by a comfortable margin at any point in the first half today.

This is going to be a 3 point shooting team. Nothing wrong with jacking them up when we can get open looks. That's why I'm extremely suprised (in a good way) that we went with this lineup. Add in Gillon/Roberson and Thompson as 2.5 off the bench and that should be our team this year.

Let them figure it out, might be rocky for a bit but at least those rotations have the talent and potential to become a good team at some point this season with players who actually play the position they should occupy.

How about we get some mo with the guys that can actually play right now? We need a rotation that works. We can't afford another OCC loss. Monday and G-town are must wins if you look down the road to selection Sunday. Get the team ready to win those games. There will be games for PC. Probably in this one a little later.

This is going to be a 3 point shooting team. Nothing wrong with jacking them up when we can get open looks. That's why I'm extremely suprised (in a good way) that we went with this lineup. Add in Gillon/Roberson and Thompson as 2.5 off the bench and that should be our team this year.

Let them figure it out, might be rocky for a bit but at least those rotations have the talent and potential to become a good team at some point this season with players who actually play the position they should occupy.

Agreed - the rotation today is better. I could go either way on whether Roberson starts or Coleman.

I really keep hoping to see some more explosiveness from Battle. It'd be nice to see him do something off the bounce...

How about we get some mo with the guys that can actually play right now? We need a rotation that works. We can't afford another OCC loss. Monday and G-town are must wins if you look down the road to selection Sunday. Get the team ready to win those games. There will be games for PC. Probably in this one a little later.

+1

I couldn't agree more. I was thinking about how to fix this team and no kidding, I came up with the same except moves jb made.

I've kind of given up on him.

I will not believe in this team until they get a few quality wins. The zone was cut up like swiss cheese the 2 losses. Until this team can figure out how to steal away interior passes the defense is not good. And the top of the zone has to be better at defending against 3 point shots. The offense is too rigid. Not enough off the ball movement. And some of the shot selections are odd. Players need to feed the hot hand more.

I've been watching BB for 60 years. Coached BB, officiated games. Never have I seen a team miss so many layups, year after year, as SU.

Lots of problems. PG play, rebounding, no interior scoring. Poor shooting against a nothing team. Staff needs to get Battle to be more aggressive. Looks like a scared freshman afraid to handle the ball or take a shot. Can't wait to unload the hot potato. Thought this kid had skills but he isn't showing anything. MR was instant impact. He's no MR (at least now).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom