Naes Howard | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Naes Howard

Not only did this kid throw away a promising football career, he threw away multiple scholarships at other schools, he threw away a free education at SU.

And if his mom actually works at SU, he still threw away an education that he could have had without playing football.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

He wasn't a teammate. More than likely, he was never going to play for SU.

Howard was recruiting class of 2014. Corey and Chauncey were 2013. I'm not saying recently a teammate but he was one at one point.

Sausage patty or sausage link?

AAM62/RI...the lesson learned I am calling out on the guys is pretty simple...guaranteed that there was a fair amount of back and forth between these kids before it went down...probably some puffing and show respect b.s. as well...highly doubt everyone was playing tiddlywinks when things happened...sure low probability everyone was an angel...likely not...likely there were exchanges given their ages and things went south...have seen it lots of times before...just how those things go...so that's where I was coming from...

2 counts aggravated assault with a weapon...10 to 25 ticket to Attica or Dannemora

RICuse44 said:
Howard was recruiting class of 2014. Corey and Chauncey were 2013. I'm not saying recently a teammate but he was one at one point.

No problem. I get it.

The big question now is whether or not he was at the apartment on good terms or bad terms before all of this happened.
huh? how is that the big question right now?
I'm guessing he wonders if he was there just hanging out with friends and something went horribly wrong, or is this some kind of Movie of the Week plot where he went after his perceived competition for a spot on the roster.

I'm guessing he wonders if he was there just hanging out with friends and something went horribly wrong, or is this some kind of Movie of the Week plot where he went after his perceived competition for a spot on the roster.
Maybe this is a dumb question...even figuring logic into it, not street logic...but when is it justified to pull out a knife and not only threaten other individuals but stab them repeatedly?

I don't give a rat's ass what happened previously, short of someone pulling a gun threatening your life, this should never happen. Ever.

Unless of course you are a card carrying idiot.

I would much rather take a beating and a bad one at that than do a 10-25 year bid in Lewisburg Penn.

AAM62/RI...the lesson learned I am calling out on the guys is pretty simple...guaranteed that there was a fair amount of back and forth between these kids before it went down...probably some puffing and show respect b.s. as well...highly doubt everyone was playing tiddlywinks when things happened...sure low probability everyone was an angel...likely not...likely there were exchanges given their ages and things went south...have seen it lots of times before...just how those things go...so that's where I was coming from...
Understand your point, I do, but there's a lot of assumptions in there.

Nobody knows how it went down, except those who were there. The rest is just rumors. And FWIW, the rumors I heard don't follow that line.

Regardless, a 20 year old full of testosterone shouldn't have to worry about being stabbed if he has a disagreement.

Instead of "imagining" what did or didn't happen you should just wait and see what comes out. And I am with Finwad32 from what I have heard your scenario isn't what happened at all.

I don't care what transpired before the actual event. I also don't care what Howard is dealing with or what has happened to him as a child that has lead to this incident. You don't stab your (possible future) teammates. It is inexcusable. He needs to be held accountable for his actions. I believe in giving kids second chances, but he burnt that bridge down to the ground. I am sick and tired of people making excuses for people (even teenagers) that commit violent acts on society. Yes, I was his age once also, however, I never did anything close to being that dumb and I did some pretty dumb things.

stabbing doesnt always equal knife. for all we know, it could be a stabbing with a plastic tool or even a pencil that caused some minor cuts or it could be a butcher knife where the victims are lucky to be alive.

yes. yes. lets bend over backwards assuming the best case scenario. he deserves it based on his impeccable record of contribution to society.

yes. yes. lets bend over backwards assuming the best case scenario. he deserves it based on his impeccable record of contribution to society.
Yes. Let's jump to the worst case scenario or just assume all rumors are true. That works lots better.

He's a bad seed. Will never be any different. Anything he's accused of must be true. It's easy and justifies lots of fun societal behaviors.

I can imagine a scenario where self-defense turns into overreaction (like self-defense often does). I doubt it but why condemn without good information?

Don't be so sure...can't help
agreed can't help. two steps forward (DeVito) one step back. Ugh.

Now before I can hammered for talking recruiting in this thread, this is far less important than the health of our players. Just responding to how frustrating it is to have some momentum and then have this happen.

not sure if you read my post all the way through. if you did, you certainly didnt read it accurately.