Nassib apparently backup in 2 position again!! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Nassib apparently backup in 2 position again!!

I can think of scenarios where Ryan gets a chance in NY. If the Giants were struggling and Eli went down for a few games and Ran did well, who knows. But you are right - it is far more likely the Giants trade him for a first or second round pick down the road.

I was thinking it's more likely Ryan's plays out his deal and signs with a team interested in giving him a shot to start. Very very few people are traded for upper round draft picks, in fact I think only 4 QBs in the past 10 years have been traded for first or second round picks in the past decade. Jay cutler (2 #1s) Matt Schaub (a 2nd) Alex Smith (2 2s) and Carson Palmer (1 and a 2).

All 4 were out of favor with their current squads and only in the case of Cutler was he in high demand. The Carson Palmer trade was considered an insanely gross overpayment the minute it happened.

I was thinking it's more likely Ryan's plays out his deal and signs with a team interested in giving him a shot to start. Very very few people are traded for upper round draft picks, in fact I think only 4 QBs in the past 10 years have been traded for first or second round picks in the past decade. Jay cutler (2 #1s) Matt Schaub (a 2nd) Alex Smith (2 2s) and Carson Palmer (1 and a 2).

All 4 were out of favor with their current squads and only in the case of Cutler was he in high demand. The Carson Palmer trade was considered an insanely gross overpayment the minute it happened.
Good points. The Palmer trade was insane. The guy had $80 million in the bank, wasn't going anywhere and wasn't going to play for Cincy.

Good points. The Palmer trade was insane. The guy had $80 million in the bank, wasn't going anywhere and wasn't going to play for Cincy.

Yup. It's like Al Davis made one last insane move from the grave.

Cassell?

Cassell?
I thought Cassell ended up being traded for a pair of 3rd rounders. I could be wrong though.

Edit : I was wrong, it was Cassell and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick. So I don't know if that counts exactly...

Last edited:
I thought Cassell ended up being traded for a pair of 3rd rounders. I could be wrong though.

Edit : I was wrong, it was Cassell and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick. So I don't know if that counts exactly...
Vrabel was at the end of the road.

Only tangentially related - in my 12 team, 16 round fantasy draft last night, Eli Manning went undrafted.

I am honestly a little stunned typing that sentence out. I didn't anticipate seeing that for at least a couple more years.

Only tangentially related - in my 12 team, 16 round fantasy draft last night, Eli Manning went undrafted.

I am honestly a little stunned typing that sentence out. I didn't anticipate seeing that for at least a couple more years.
Eli is one of the most underrated QB's in the history of the NFL and he can win games without having fantasy type stats. I would love to see him get one more ring before he hangs it up. BTW, where did Mr. Overrrated (Tony Romo) get drafted.

Eli is one of the most underrated QB's in the history of the NFL and he can win games without having fantasy type stats. I would love to see him get one more ring before he hangs it up. BTW, where did Mr. Overrrated (Tony Romo) get drafted.

I have never met bigger enigma in sports than Eli Manning and the New York Giants. Made the playoffs 5 times in ten years and only two times of those 5 did they win a play off game and both times a superbowl. Only one play off appearance in five years but was a superbowl run and prevented the patriots from immortality. I honestly don't even know what to think of Eli Manning in the Giants. If they won six games this year I wouldn't be surprised if they won the Super Bowl I wouldn't be surprised.

I have never met bigger enigma in sports than Eli Manning and the New York Giants. Made the playoffs 5 times in ten years and only two times of those 5 did they win a play off game and both times a superbowl. Only one play off appearance in five years but was a superbowl run and prevented the patriots from immortality. I honestly don't even know what to think of Eli Manning in the Giants. If they won six games this year I wouldn't be surprised if they won the Super Bowl I wouldn't be surprised.
Andy North - three career wins - two US Opens.

tempJET_9712--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

tempJET_9868--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

#6 is Corey Washington. Learn his name now.

tempJET_9604--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

5th round for Romo. Personally, I grabbed Brees in the 1st and Brady in the 4th (for trade purposes).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom