Nate Oats and Alabama | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats and Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entitlement of that fanbase is unreal. Its a shame that house of cards won't come crashing down. All that money being spent on a program representing a dirt poor state.
It’s not “dirt poor”. There are places in Alabama that are very poor, just like there are in upstate NY. It has a higher standard of living than most of Europe.

The entitlement of that fanbase is unreal. Its a shame that house of cards won't come crashing down. All that money being spent on a program representing a dirt poor state.
Ever been to Oswego, Jefferson, or St. Lawrence county?

Ever been to Oswego, Jefferson, or St. Lawrence county.

It’s not “dirt poor”. There are places in Alabama that are very poor, just like there are in upstate NY. It has a higher standard of living than most of Europe.

It's a reference. I've been all over the state it's very poor and is one of the poorest states in the country. Not sure what your post is getting at. As someone who grew up very poor in PA- I have a pretty solid reference point.

Those communities in Europe don't have amateur sports coaches as the highest paid govt employees... their corruption is different.

This story is not going away.

"And it’s our job to make sure that Alabama’s season, as long as it goes, cannot be separated from the reality that the school’s administration has proceeded all along as if there was nothing to see here and its best player did nothing wrong."

Agree. I'm not going to say I didn't do some dumb stuff when I was college age, but I'm pretty sure I had at least enough basic respect for human life to not mock a situation like this.
He's either stupid or as the kids say, he's on "demon time" and is truly a sociopath.

I don’t know why I bother. If it’s not written by 23 yo gender studies grads at NY Times you won’t believe it but try this. You may learn something.

Assuming you haven't read the whole thing. It does not say what you were hoping it did.

I almost posted this just to point that out.. but why bother... predictable lol. This is what someone who doesn't understand living in poverty would post as well as someone googling for headlines.

I don’t know why I bother. If it’s not written by 23 yo gender studies grads at NY Times you won’t believe it but try this. You may learn something.

This article is comparing disposable, post-tax income… citizens of Germany and Sweden don’t have to use an absurd amount of their disposable inome for things like healthcare and higher education.

This article is comparing disposable, post-tax income… citizens of Germany and Sweden don’t have to use an absurd amount of their disposable inome for things like healthcare and higher education.

Don't waste your time.. plus he is only going to get this thread locked. Drops a headline without reading the content that doesn't come close to landing a point... a point that was never once relevant to my original point about university spending in poor states.

I don’t think self defense will wait for someone else to bring you your weapon.

Who was it who said nothing good happens after midnight? That should be in every teams code of conduct.
My dad said that when I asked for a later curfew in high school. I don't think he was the first or most famous person to say it.

Local law enforcement, local attorneys.. family of the slain girl is upset about how Oats and the University is handling Miller... I don't know how anyone can give Miller the benefit of the doubt in terms of literally having zero impact to his playing status while this is ongoing.

I’m not in favor of firing/suspending employees for not being involved in a crime.

If I did what Miller did and my boss fired me or (if I worked in a field where suspension was a thing), suspended me, I’d be filing a lawsuit.

If you live in NY I don’t think that would go anywhere. And we have more protections then most states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom