National Title Game - UNC vs Gonzaga | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

National Title Game - UNC vs Gonzaga

This is Gonzagas game IMO. Still feel like they're playing 6 on 5. The 6th guy for UNC being Stephens.

C8iL3DFXsAAzBi5.jpg

Meeks has done a good enough job bodying him to throw him off his rhythm a little. He was better on the boards during the stretch where UNC closed the gap a bit. Got Kratos in foul trouble with 2 and 3 turnovers.

Finally!!!! One other mof* who can see what I see. Thank you for making me feel sane!

Thankfully. I thought 6 officials were given FF assignments and 3 who officiated Saturday did tonight's game. One thing for certain is they aren't chosen by merit. It's kind of a joke that Higgins/Valentine/Eades even got a FF assignment. It really makes me question how much the NCAA cares about the integrity of the game.
Michael Stephens is not exactly Mr Impartial nor Mr Shy To Get His Name In Print!

I disagree, the guy has a deeper team than certain other coaches (cough cough) like to have. The results speak for themself.
They wouldn't be down at halftime without that stretch. I don't care how deep they think they go. They have four players who are significantly better than anyone else on the team (Berry, Jackson, Hicks, Meeks) and he sat them all simultaneously for an extended period. It was beyond stupidity. Overcoaching 101.

They wouldn't be down at halftime without that stretch. I don't care how deep they think they go. They have four players who are significantly better than anyone else on the team (Berry, Jackson, Hicks, Meeks) and he sat them all simultaneously for an extended period. It was beyond stupidity. Overcoaching 101.

It's possible that you're correct, but also very possible that you're not. :) It's really that simple, what we're saying is conjecture.

Pat Driscoll and DJ Carstensen are locals who do D1 games and are consistent that you rarely here anything bad about.
Idk how anyone thinks a group of Eades/Stephens/Valentine/Higgins is good for the FF. That's like 4 of the 10 worst officials in D1.
Eades is a new name to me. In what game did he screw us or another poor team?

Finally!!!! One other mof* who can see what I see. Thank you for making me feel sane!

lol Karnowski is missing very easy shots inside three feet. Never has so much been made of so little. He can big boy some low post players in the WCC but he's been exposed here at the F4.

It's possible that you're correct, but also very possible that you're not. :) It's really that simple, what we're saying is conjecture.
Better players are better than worse players and are more valuable on the court than on the bench. That's conjecture? :)

Did I see that correctly? Texas getting the final 4 twice in 3 years!?

Hicks? If they doubled the circumference of the basket I'm not sure he could make an open eight footer.

I still say Meeks is alterring the shot, whether folks refuse to believe it or not. Maybe it will change in the 2nd half, but the results speak for themself. It's not like Karnowski suddenly forgot how to shoot...

I watched two of them just hit the back rim. Most annoying miss there is in basketball.

Better players are better than worse players and are more valuable on the court than on the bench. That's conjecture? :)

Better is an opinion. Better for a certain situation is even more of an opinion. The point differential during each stretcg was roughly equal, was it not?

His "overcoaching" may pay off in the second half.

May.

For sure. Telling when Melton was open in the corner for a three and Raftery moaned "oh don't leave him alone"
What a shame. He was awesome with Bilas&McDonough. Sell out

What a shame. He was awesome with Bilas&McDonough. Sell out

Those three did have very good chemistry but it also led Raftery to think that college hoops fans preferred a stand-up routine over low key analysis. Long time ago they tried the comedic routine in the booth with Dennis Miller. It doesn't work.

I can't root for Few. He attacked the big east and Jimmy B years ago. I know they are friends now, but I just can't do it.

Go Heels!
He was pleasant enough to me in Maui. The Baylor coach was reality nice though. Good manners.

Those three did have very good chemistry but it also led Raftery to think that college hoops fans preferred a stand-up routine over low key analysis. Long time ago they tried the comedic routine in the booth with Dennis Miller. It doesn't work.
Raftery isn't overboard at all, he'll talk about the actual game (that's being played at that time), and knows what he's talking about. He's not Vitale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom