National Title Game - UNC vs Gonzaga | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

National Title Game - UNC vs Gonzaga

Those three did have very good chemistry but it also led Raftery to think that college hoops fans preferred a stand-up routine over low key analysis. Long time ago they tried the comedic routine in the booth with Dennis Miller. It doesn't work.

Bill Walton(and his fans, like me) may have something to say about that. But otherwise, I agree that few can come close to my man, Walton.

Didnt Raftery do some old school Cuse vs Georgetown games?

Raftery isn't overboard at all, he'll talk about the actual game (that's being played at that time), and knows what he's talking about. He's not Vitale.

First off , three guys on the call usually makes for a tough listen imo. With that in mind there usually isn't enough airtime to constantly be making jokes and having meaningless banter with your colleagues. That said, I agree with you that he knows his stuff. I'd rather hear some more of that knowledge and a little less of the Henny Youngman routine.

First off , three guys on the call usually makes for a tough listen imo. With that in mind there usually isn't enough airtime to constantly be making jokes and having meaningless banter with your colleagues. That said, I agree with you that he knows his stuff. I'd rather hear some more of that knowledge and a little less of the Henny Youngman routine.
Yeah well I don't agree at all that he 'tries' to be too funny and does it too much. Not what so ever.

That wasn't a foul at the end of the Oregon vs. UNC game.....just saying.

Michael Stephens AGAIN??????????????????????????????????????

He really must have money on UNC.

Those three did have very good chemistry but it also led Raftery to think that college hoops fans preferred a stand-up routine over low key analysis. Long time ago they tried the comedic routine in the booth with Dennis Miller. It doesn't work.
You need the chemistry to be right. I listen to the Mets radio broadcasters and their banter is amazing. Not jokes per se but they just are like brothers who are smart, funny and like each other. Therefore they know exactly what the other is going to say about EVERYTHING.

Mets TV guys are good too but you don't get Keith and Ron in the booth together on the road anymore. Howie Rose and Josh Lewin are together most games once hockey season is over.

Raftery knows the game but he is always trying to make his partner(s) laugh and give the audience inside baseball comments.
I am glad he has gotten a chance as the number one broadcaster but I wouldn't mind somebody like Steve Lavin and Chris webber being the new #1 team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom