Nats just announced they signed a 4 year extension... | Syracusefan.com

Nats just announced they signed a 4 year extension...

...with the Syracuse Chiefs, meaning they will continue to be the AAA affiliate through at least 2018.
I am tempted to drop a fiery virtual megabomb on the new Chiefs GM and their board of directors but will wait until they explain why they would do this.

To be fair to them, I believe that when the Chiefs talked to the Mets a few years ago, the Mets were willing to sign an agreement with the Chiefs and make them their AAA franchise, but only if the Mets were allowed to buy the Chiefs as part of the agreement.

If the Mets really demanded this then and or now, I have no problem with moving on to someone who was/is willing to accept leaving the Chiefs as a locally owned entity.

I am tempted to drop a fiery virtual megabomb on the new Chiefs GM and their board of directors but will wait until they explain why they would do this.

To be fair to them, I believe that when the Chiefs talked to the Mets a few years ago, the Mets were willing to sign an agreement with the Chiefs and make them their AAA franchise, but only if the Mets were allowed to buy the Chiefs as part of the agreement.

If the Mets really demanded this then and or now, I have no problem with moving on to someone who was/is willing to accept leaving the Chiefs as a locally owned entity.
Well, I'm a Nats fan so I love having my franchise associated with Syracuse. So I'm thrilled with this, especially since apparently the Nats typically only sign 2 year deals, so they obviously really like working wth the Chiefs.

Well, I'm a Nats fan so I love having my franchise associated with Syracuse. So I'm thrilled with this, especially since apparently the Nats typically only sign 2 year deals, so they obviously really like working wth the Chiefs.

Probably this plus the idea of improving the stadium in Richmond must be dead. For a while they were talking about having their AAA team in Richmond because it would allow having rehab assignments there instead of at the AA team in the outer DC suburbs and, obviously, faster emergency call-ups.

The Chiefs aren't really Syracuse's team until they get back with the Yankees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom