Navy Game Thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Navy Game Thread...

Halftime thoughts: A tale to two teams-in Orange

Offensively, when the guys are attacking aggressive, they pass quicker and sharper, creating more opportunities. When one guy runs around with the ball for too long, everyone slacks off.

We have no one in the middle on a constant basis. My perception is that when they have a guy moving in or through the middle, the offense is better.

Defensively, Madonna is on his game but cannot win it alone. Defense is not adjusting to Navy quick enough leaving a well disciplined team to take advantage of the mismatches they create.

Credit Navy for not backing down, keeping Madonna out of the transition game, aggressive defense and good goalie play.

Need to to win more at the X. A change in face offoff better wing play, perhaps. Play tighter D. Stay with the aggressive offense.

Navys gotten most of their goals on secondary fast breaks or early offense within the possesion which I think caught SU by surprise. When its been an extended 6-6 SU has done fine

Navys gotten most of their goals on secondary fast breaks or early offense within the possesion which I think caught SU by surprise. When its been an extended 6-6 SU has done fine
Now that you point that out, I have to agree with your assessment.

Halftime thoughts: A tale to two teams-in Orange

Offensively, when the guys are attacking aggressive, they pass quicker and sharper, creating more opportunities. When one guy runs around with the ball for too long, everyone slacks off.

We have no one in the middle on a constant basis. My perception is that when they have a guy moving in or through the middle, the offense is better.

Defensively, Madonna is on his game but cannot win it alone. Defense is not adjusting to Navy quick enough leaving a well disciplined team to take advantage of the mismatches they create.

Credit Navy for not backing down, keeping Madonna out of the transition game, aggressive defense and good goalie play.

Need to to win more at the X. A change in face offoff better wing play, perhaps. Play tighter D. Stay with the aggressive offense.
Agreed on Madonna - kept SU in the game with some huge saves. Personally, I'm happy with FO's - 7-13 works for me, especially playing against his brother. Of course, I also would not argue with even more wins at the X. ;)

Agreed on Madonna - kept SU in the game with some huge saves. Personally, I'm happy with FO's - 7-13 works for me, especially playing against his brother. Of course, I also would not argue with even more wins at the X. ;)

Touche on the FO's. You are right. I am just being an Orange fan expecting perfection on everything all the time. When you have things good for do long you get spoiled as a fan.

31 did well against Ray a few times in the second.

I’d like to see him get another crack at him.

Nice break when Navy had transition and numbers and shoots wild. Need a turnover.

Another great low to high shot.

Filthy placement. Navy goalie drops pretty easily.

Edit - Navy goalie is very good down low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom