NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

You mean the Celtics need to move one more player besides Olynyk, since they have already renounced his rights.
The Celtics renounced the Qualifying Offer to Olynyk they didn't renounce his rights. It's a big difference.

I am hearing Rodney Hood could becoming to Boston with Hayward if they do a sign and trade. Olynyk and Crowder to Utah.

Wow I'd be thrilled with that from a Celts perspective.

I am hearing Rodney Hood could becoming to Boston with Hayward if they do a sign and trade. Olynyk and Crowder to Utah.

I'm trying to go over the salary cap FAQ again, but I don't think you can include another player in a sign and trade.

I read it as well and don't see you can't include another player.
http://cbafaq.com/

Yeah same. I definitely have that idea in my head though, and I can't think of any sign and trades that involved 2 players from the signing team. But I could be making it up. (Why I would have that idea in my head, I have no idea. I'm a weirdo)

Celtics have offered Marcus Smart to the Knicks.
No idea what Ainge would want in return?

Celtics have offered Marcus Smart to the Knicks.
No idea what Ainge would want in return?

Wouldn't the idea be to clear space? So just like a second rounder?

I am now hearing Boston wants Kyle O'Quinn for their front court and their haggling over a draft pick.

Knicks are under the cap, assuming they renounce Rose, which, yeah, they're under the cap.

A buddy and I have been pitching O'Quinn to the Celtics for a while. Not sure that helps them get Haywad though

Knicks are under the cap, assuming they renounce Rose, which, yeah, they're under the cap.

A buddy and I have been pitching O'Quinn to the Celtics for a while. Not sure that helps them get Haywad though
They could be moving Smart for O'Quinn and Crowder in another deal.

Team needs another big.

I really hope that even the Knicks aren't dumb enough to re-sign Rose

They could be moving Smart for O'Quinn and Crowder in another deal.

Team needs another big.

Yeah i could see that. They are definitely short a big (good turn of phrase right there by me) and O'Quinn is a useful backup player.

That seems like a good job by Utah to get Crowder out of them.

Or there's less value than I thought for that contract
I like Crowder but in the playoffs he didn't really play well.

He was great in the regular season as a role player who can make open 3's and drive. In playoff basketball he didn't really up his game.

I honestly think Boston is doing Utah a solid and keeping Crowder in the West and away from them in this deal. A team like Phoenix or Brooklyn would take him in a heartbeat and reflip him.

Utah getting him keeps away and not to a spot in the east down the line.

I like Crowder but in the playoffs he didn't really play well.

He was great in the regular season as a role player who can make open 3's and drive. In playoff basketball he didn't really up his game.

I honestly think Boston is doing Utah a solid and keeping Crowder in the West and away from them in this deal. A team like Phoenix or Brooklyn would take him in a heartbeat and reflip him.

Utah getting him keeps away and not to a spot in the east down the line.

I guess? it just seems to me that you could get something decent for Crowder and just sign Hayward into the cap space. I'm sure some of the reasoning will get leaked eventually.

I guess? it just seems to me that you could get something decent for Crowder and just sign Hayward into the cap space. I'm sure some of the reasoning will get leaked eventually.
I am hearing Boston is getting something here. Maybe a protected pick, 2nd rounder, Exum, Hood and it could include more from Boston than just Crowder.

I am hearing Boston is getting something here. Maybe a protected pick, 2nd rounder, Exum, Hood and it could include more from Boston than just Crowder.

I'm very excited to see if I totally made those sign and trade rules up in my mind

I'm very excited to see if I totally made those sign and trade rules up in my mind
I thought you were right. Not sure where I heard that the trade could only include the player signing though. Maybe that was on the old CBA.

I thought you were right. Not sure where I heard that the trade could only include the player signing though. Maybe that was on the old CBA.

I'm thinking maybe it's the old CBA too.

There's a lot going on here, so I may be off, but didn't Boston only send out Walker? That's a hell of a trade though.

Kelly Olynyk to Miami. 4 years 50 million.

Not bad either side.

Knicks sign Tim Hardaway Jr. to 4 year 71 million offer sheet.

I wouldn't match if I were the Hawks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom